Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Ham, now where's my damn eggs?!
Kreyas
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Green Ham, now where's my damn eggs?!
Ashaiel Wrote:On a related note . . . anyone see the glowing cat article on ABC?

Look for "glowing cats" on ABCnews.com, and it should take you to the article.

~ Ashaiel

Ya, that's how I got started on the whole deer should glow in the dark rant on some thread around here.

Co-host of the Pagan Centered Podcast.
2008-01-16 3:40
Find
Give Thanks
Micah
College slacker majoring in the cutting open of dead bodies.
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Holy crap, I want a glowing cat! O_O It's like a furry pet to snuggle up to that also doubles as a reading light at night.

I'm not sure about glowing green ham though. I might eat it if there was nothing else in the kitchen to eat.

...also, I would love to glow red in the dark. Just for the shock and/or fear factor of it.
2008-01-16 5:40
Find
Give Thanks
misha tia
Biophysical researcher
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Xanthus Wrote:...
I read an article about the guys doing this a few months ago. They're trying to genetically engineer a pig that, instead of producing the 'normal' type of fat usually found in mammals, and swine specifically, they will store it as an Omega-3/6 acid, like Tuna. They're also trying to tinker with the nutrients and whatnot present in their bodies.

The result? HEALTHY PORK. That's right. Bacon that helps you loose weight. Carnitas that trim pounds and make you feel good.

Will they succeed? I have no clue.
I don't believe omega-3 fatty acids help you loose weight. how ever, the benefits of that particular fatty acid included increase IQ and decreased cardiovascular events. Many of the article have questionable statistics but that why your seeing "DHA enriched" or "contains omega-3-fatty acids" on so many foods.
As for the pigs, they did do it, unfortunately the sows no longer had the ability for muscle contractions and were unable to give birth. put a damper on the F1 generation. Now the goal is the engineer the gene to kick in after the litter is born.
As for the morality of this, no comment.

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called Research." -A. Einstein
2008-01-17 1:34
Find
Give Thanks