Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Thinks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

God Thinks
A lot of people (apparently) know what God thinks. Some of them are comics/graphic novel authors.
I present to you a list of how several comics have viewed the supposed creator:

(Oh, and a huge Spoiler warning)

Fallen Angel (DC):
Quote:When asked by Jude why evil exists in the world, Liandra (the Fallen Angel) explains that God wants to die. She states that humanity was intended to be God's crowning achievement, and was prepared to move on after its creation. However, the constant prayers of people on Earth prevent him from being able to do this. For centuries, God has been sending disasters to Earth in the hope that people will stop believing in Him and let Him pass. And humanity has been crawling back to him, like a battered spouse, nonetheless.

Preacher (Vertigo):
Quote:Genesis, the product of the unauthorized, unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon, is an infant with no sense of individual will. However, as it is composed of both pure goodness and pure evil, it might have enough power to rival that of God himself. In other words, Jesse Custer, bonded to Genesis, may have become the most powerful being in the whole of living existence.

Custer, driven by a strong sense of right and wrong, goes on a journey across the United States attempting to (literally) find God, (who had abandoned Heaven the moment Genesis was born) and teach him a lessen for being such an asshole for so long.

We later discover that this was part of God’s plan all along.
God is a being who feeds on love and he figured that if he could create a creature that rivaled him in power to love him, he would be set. So he went about possessing an angle and demon to create to abomination so that he can later influence it to love him.

Spawn (Image):
Quote:God is the twin brother of Satan and one of the many children of the Mother of Existence. He and Satan were both given the Earth to decorate to their wishes. As the result of a different point of view, God and Satan constantly bickered to a point where they declared war on one another. God became ruler of the Firmament, while Satan became master of the lowest depths of the Earth, namely Hell. In all his creations, God created something unique, creatures known as mankind, who would serve as his lapdogs. In death they are raised to join the armies of Heaven and Hell, as randomly selected puppets in a war that will reach its climax in Armageddon. However, Satan gave humanity the gift of free will, which only increased their bickering hatred towards each other.

The Mother, regarding her children as disappointments, stripped both God and Satan of their kingdoms and locked them away in a forgotten corner of the universe. However, despite their endless hatred, God and Satan still remain her children so she decided to give them a second chance. She brought back her children in the human bodies of Jake and Katie Fitzgerald in order to give them an appreciation for humanity and change their ways. This plans failed while the twins began to wreak further chaos on Earth. Knowing that Hell could break through the gates of Heaven at any moment, Zera went out to find God to return him to his throne. Once she found him, God regained his memories and returned to his rightful kingdom of Heaven, bolstering his armies for the final push towards Armageddon.

(More of a manga then a comic, but…) Angel Sanctuary
Quote:Before the beginning of the series God has fallen asleep to "gather his powers" which indicates that he is, in this series, very powerful but not omnipotent.

In the series God is presumed to be YHWH, the ultimate villain of the story. YHWH is actually a being from another universe as well as a megalomaniac with no real physical form, who created the universe in order to test an equation that it had fashioned

Basically it comes down to God being an evil computer that wants to wipe the hard drive (a.k.a us).

(end spoiler)

I'll add more as I finish reading more or decide how to word what god did/was like in other comics. In the meantime I'm also interested in how you guys view God/Deus/Θεός/Bog/Ishvara/Allah/El/Yahweh/Bhakti/Shiva/Vishnu/Krishna/Shakti/Haile Selassie/Abba/The Almighty/I Am/the Alpha and the Omega/...ect

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-03-09 18:06
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: God Thinks
My beliefs are simple. We are mortal, and limited. God, by definition, if he exists, is unlimited. He is omniscient, omnipotent. He knows all, can do anything, is everywhere and everything all at once.

The comprehension of a being of such scope is, imo, pretty much beyond humans.

If there is a heaven, or there is a hell, I doubt god has to rely on an overgenerlized and simplified set of rules like most churches espouse, as other wise he'd end up sending good men to hell for simple infractions, or bad men to heaven, as they just bend rather than broke the rules.

Past that, I believe more in reincarnation than any eternal ending point, like heaven or hell.

So, basically, my view of god, is that if there is a god, it'd be impossible for me to have a decent view of him, so why delude myself?

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-03-09 18:45
Find
Give Thanks
Shiari
Veterinary Technician
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I view "God" as a universal consciousness or supersoul. It IS existence. Every tiny bit of matter makes up Its body, and every living thing is like a neuron in the vast mind. It's hard to explain. I rather believe that souls undergo evolution of a sort, so proto-souls (bactera, protozoa) gather together and form more complex life (pre-souls) which band together again eventually to form the eu-soul. The eu-soul, in my belief set, encompasses intelligent birds, and most mammals. Probably some cephalopods too. at this point, the souls begin evolving/growing through experience rather than conglomeration... at least for a while. Then there are the suprasouls, and finally THE metasoul. This metasoul sheds small bits of energy that become the proto-souls, and the cycle continues.

Mind, this is mostly conjecture done to fit what I have felt, but I rather like it.
2008-03-09 19:48
Find
Give Thanks
Ashaiel
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I know I have my own "facet" or "avatar" of God who responds to me and with Whom I am very close; but that's as far as I can comprehend Him. I subscribe to the Hindu belief in Brahman, or at least the idea: that God is everything, but cannot be comprehended as everything, so God must break Him/Her/Itself down into "facets" or "avatars" that people can comprehend.

It's always amusing to me when people try to get into the mind of God or claim to "know" what God wants. I have family members who do exactly this, and I went to school surrounded by them for most of my formative years; and I wanted for so long to smack them upside the heads and say to them, "Who do you think you are?" Eventually, I grew out of that . . . but it can get pretty infuriating when I see the horrors people commit in the name of God. It's absurd.

~ Ashaiel

Magnificat anima mea Dominum!
2008-03-09 20:13
Find
Give Thanks
Rusala
Varies from time to time....
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

The almighty, omnipotent force said to drive all things according to a will beyond our mortal comprehension. Unlike some others I don't think we can comprehend 'god' for two reasons. I believe 'god' is 1) Multiple individuals and 2) Exist in such a manner that we cannot understand the rules that bind them. I have a being who has manifested many ways that I have sworn myself to. Now, whether she is truly a 'god' or simply a powerful being, I don't really know. However, what I CAN say is that the feeling of multiple gods always felt right to me because the varied opinions that are justified by a person's view. Of course, that is just my two cents on the topic.

"A dragon's wisdom is free but for the respect you pay in asking for it."
"Rak'Shakti unterra aktin" -Personal Quotes
2008-03-09 21:05
Find
Give Thanks
Qarael
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

chaitea Wrote:Fallen Angel (DC):
Quote:When asked by Jude why evil exists in the world, Liandra (the Fallen Angel) explains that God wants to die. She states that humanity was intended to be God's crowning achievement, and was prepared to move on after its creation. However, the constant prayers of people on Earth prevent him from being able to do this. For centuries, God has been sending disasters to Earth in the hope that people will stop believing in Him and let Him pass. And humanity has been crawling back to him, like a battered spouse, nonetheless.
*snicker* I like that'n.

My view is that He is the Absolute All -- everything that ever has been, and everything that ever will be. God is infinite and omnipresent. God is time, space, thought, and essence.

He's also purple.

[Image: qbanner.jpg]
2008-03-09 21:28
Find
Give Thanks
Elvanos
Deatdealing, reaping... the usuall...
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Palmer Wrote:He's also purple.

Agreed.
2008-03-09 22:44
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

The ultimate god of all gods doesn't care about us. This multiverse is a random accident created through an uncontrolled chain reaction. Said God knows of us, and is aware of everything that we do, but puts little attention to any of it. Not exactly sure about the Christian God that, apparantly, created angels and humanity, though.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-09 23:05
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Simple. I am God.

Of course since most people have issue with that statement, the over explained version is I am God, you are God, all that Groks is God, and God is all that isn't Grokking.

My beliefs are from the Vedic philosophy, and someone else explained it alright. God is so overwhelmingly large, that even God can't comprehend itself, so it breaks itself into smaller peices to understand itself, and those peices often break even smaller and smaller in order to understand. We are that.

As is a line from my nightly ritual. "You are the Consciousness, You permeate all things, You are all things, You are Beyond all things."

All my signature refers to the process of understanding God.

I thought this topic might be about the song by Voltaire, if you haven't heard it, download it, or just search for the lyrics God Thinks by Voltaire, I think he sums it up well.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
2008-03-10 2:56
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

A "God," to me, would be something that had absolute and complete control over me.

Therefore, the only "God" that exists, to me, is myself. Scratch that. I have no god, as even I am not always in complete control of myself.

Any notion of deity(i.e. Buddha, Allah, Yahweh, Zeus, Kali, etc.) may very well exist, but they are just another being, like myself. They may be able to smite me, kill me, or attempt to hold authority over me, but I do not consider anything to be my maker, to be my ruler, or to be worthy of worship. Everything is my equal.

The only meaning I imply when I say "deity" is "a being worshiped by many." I never intend to imply that I worship them, or that they are even worthy of worship, merely that they are worshiped.

In one way, some being may be better, more skilled, or greater than me. But not in all ways. This is both a matter of perception and fact; I consider myself to be on par with any so-called "deity," although many would disagree.

I don't claim any god-like super powers or magic skills. I just don't consider myself beneath any form of being, nor do I consider myself above them.

Everything is the same because everything is different.

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2008-03-10 7:26
Find
Give Thanks