Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generators/energy vamps/etc?
flarablaze
Deciding which way I want to go
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Generators/energy vamps/etc?
I've come to discover that I seem to be something like an energy generator. That meaning, I have a constant outward flow of mass amounts of energy, generally in the form of anger. (Rage is a beautiful, powerful thing. ^_^) I've noticed that if I don't post at least a rant a day in a blog, if not more, then I tend to get very agitated and start to get angry over absolutely anything, and more and more jittery. However, because I am what I call a "generator" I tend to not like people feeding directly off me. It's like... it's like a swarm of mosquitos biting the same spot over and over. Sorta. I have NO problem with people feeding off energies I pump into my writings, and have even developed a system where I put a [+] in the title of the Blogs it's okay to feed from.

So what would you consider yourself?

BTW, I'm not saying I'm mega powerful or anything, it's just how my energy tends to portray itself, as if I'm a contant volcano waiting to erupt. I don't know how to phrase it better at the moment.

So have you noticed anything like that?
2008-04-09 0:29
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Generators/energy vamps/etc?
I have referred to myself as a generator as well. It fits with the way i almost seem to force my energy out into the environment around me sometimes. I have no problem with others feeding off of what i throw out, so i like to consider myself a fairly decent doner for the psychic type (hope you like it spicy).

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-04-09 11:54
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm actually kind of confused when it comes to my energy. My own personal energy source is extremely low, and I have to do something to maintain a balance in it daily (either absorbtion or release). However, when doing energy manipulation, I can summon and control energy amounts that far surpass me even on when I'm overfilled. Can someone please explain and define this, too?

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-04-09 16:41
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I'm like the frigging duracell bunny most of the time. It fluctuates a little ofcourse but I'm used to being high on energies, sometimes to the point where I find sleep eludes me.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-04-09 19:15
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I've been told that I put out a ton of energy...so I guess I'm a generator.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-04-10 2:59
Find
Give Thanks
Highway_Girl
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I suppose a generator is an appropriate term for me. I enjoy being fed from, though. I also don't find my energy manifests itself in any negative emotional way.

This machine can only swallow money.
2008-04-10 13:37
Find
Give Thanks
Meirya
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Deros Wrote:I'm actually kind of confused when it comes to my energy. My own personal energy source is extremely low, and I have to do something to maintain a balance in it daily (either absorbtion or release). However, when doing energy manipulation, I can summon and control energy amounts that far surpass me even on when I'm overfilled. Can someone please explain and define this, too?

It's possible that you have a difficult time processing energy efficiently. I've met psychic vampires who can move around and manipulate great quantities of energy--but the energy they're moving around doesn't sustain them well, it's not stuff they'd ever be able to feed on, because it's raw and unprocessed. Something's messed up with their processing systems.

A friend used the following illustration: "It generally takes energy to process energy and make it more palatable. If your body needs 150 kCal of substance A to survive and you take in 300 kCal of substance B but convert B to A, it is not a good substitute if it costs 200 kCal in the conversion. Some folks can do the conversion in 1 kCal, or none, so it's OK to use substance B."

So, using that illustration, it's possible that your system doesn't produce enough of substance A (vital/pranic energy), and converting substance B (raw/unprocessed/elemental energy) to substance A is inefficient for your energetic system. However, you can gather and move around substance B just fine.

I'm not saying you're a psyvamp, necessarily; a lot of otherkin have energetic deficiencies or impaired energetic processors, probably because their energetic systems are built for different bodies/worlds/atmospheres.

Therians, on the other hand, tend to be energetic batteries (by my observation and experience, anyway. There are exceptions, of course). For instance, I am also a "generator" (what I usually call a battery). In fact, pranic energy does not sustain me (though I do occasionally feed on such, usually during the winter months when I am low on energy and going through depression and there isn't enough sunlight). For me, pranic energy (substance A) is like candy or spun cotton; it's too refined, my system doesn't have to do hardly any work to process it, and so it shoots through my system too quickly to really be used/absorbed. It's like simple carbs for a hyperglycemic, almost. I need "complex carbs", substance B, energy with substance, something my system has to do a bit of work to process so that it gets gradually processed/absorbed/used.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-04-10 14:52
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Thanks for the info, Mei. I never looked at it that way before.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-04-10 16:59
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Meirya Wrote:Therians, on the other hand, tend to be energetic batteries (by my observation and experience, anyway. There are exceptions, of course). For instance, I am also a "generator" (what I usually call a battery). In fact, pranic energy does not sustain me (though I do occasionally feed on such, usually during the winter months when I am low on energy and going through depression and there isn't enough sunlight). For me, pranic energy (substance A) is like candy or spun cotton; it's too refined, my system doesn't have to do hardly any work to process it, and so it shoots through my system too quickly to really be used/absorbed. It's like simple carbs for a hyperglycemic, almost. I need "complex carbs", substance B, energy with substance, something my system has to do a bit of work to process so that it gets gradually processed/absorbed/used.

Interesting stuff. I haven't ever really focused on my energy before, it's just been something that I've never paid much attention to. But this topic has really sparked my interest (pardon the pun) in energy manipulation. I may have to try manipulating my energy and see if others notice it or not. And does anyone have any tips on sensing energy? I don't even know what I should be trying to find to manipulate!

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2008-04-10 17:11
Find
Give Thanks
Meirya
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I really recommend working with another person; it helps to check perceptions. Two sets of eyes are better than one in this case. However... resources! I has them!

Books:

Psychic Energy Codex by Michelle Belanger

Real Energy by Phaedra & Isaac Bonewits (also worthwhile is Real Magic)

Instant Magick by Christopher Penczak - Looks fluffy, but it actually isn't.

Online:

The articles section at House Kheperu's site is quite worthwhile. Avoid the forums, though. Full of babbling fans and baby bats. The more knowledgable and stable/intelligent sorts (such as the actual members of House Kheperu) don't really visit the forums anymore.

PsiPog.Net has some decent stuff. Again, be wary of the forums; I don't have personal experience with them but I've heard Teh Drama abounds. Articles are good though. Check out the Links section, too.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-04-10 20:58
Find
Give Thanks