Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

For those of you who determined your `kintype's gender, how did you go about it?

I've just been wondering.. I want to know mine. ._.

I mainly mean physical sex, but gender identity is okay too.

––––•(-× Sobriquet ❧ Musings of a rabbit therian.
[Image: lagosig.png]
×❧×
2008-06-06 18:00
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Gender
Mine don't have any. Physical sex is a product of sexual reproduction, which is not universal.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-06-06 18:58
Find
Give Thanks
Myenia
music student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I don't actually recall anything that would determine if I were male or female. But I do have some wolf-ish mating/parenting instincts that I don't think I'd have if I hadn't lived at least one life female. If I hadnt...all Id have would be the human woman instincts, I assume.
2008-06-06 19:19
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Archer Wrote:Mine don't have any. Physical sex is a product of sexual reproduction, which is not universal.

QFA

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2008-06-06 20:24
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

"gender" is in the head, "sex" is in the flesh..
I've always seen myself as fairly masculin but it took a whole lot of self-examination to realize just how "male" I was and realize that the answer is... both.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-06-06 23:47
Find
Give Thanks
DischordianJoy
drone!
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I remember living my first lifetime as a female, so there's that. But the more that I think about it, the more I think I've always been female. I don't have a single memory of being male, nor do I really feel male. In fact, half the time, male-ness is so foreign to me that I boggle at it's expression.

[Image: Signature-1.gif]
2008-06-07 0:21
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

The ideas of "maleness" and "femaleness" as expressed more often mean nothing more than "how the culture I was raised in taught me what a good girl or boy should be like" and for the most part I can't get my head round them at all.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2008-06-07 0:35
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Archer Wrote:The ideas of "maleness" and "femaleness" as expressed more often mean nothing more than "how the culture I was raised in taught me what a good girl or boy should be like" and for the most part I can't get my head round them at all.

I don't think that that's necessarily true of me. I consider myself female- and a warrior, which isn't exactly "good girl" material. As for how I know- I just do. I think it's more in the kind of energy that's emitted. I consider males to have bulkier energy (that makes any sense) and females... I don't know how to explain it. Smooth? Controlled? Anyways, they're different in a way.

-Kraela

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-06-07 1:05
Find
Give Thanks
Shiari
Veterinary Technician
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I've somehow just... always known. The wolf-baboon-cat-thingy lifetime was definitely male. The last Shinoar lifetime I remember, decidedly female. I know for certain that mine was the gender that was going to bear the offspring, despite the fact that shinoar "feminine" is western culture "masculine", ie, aggressive, competitive, dominant, etc. This is because we were the larger, more muscular gender, and more aggressive by nature. I still have a tendency to treat males as needing protecting, and expect to be deferred to in certain situations, which leads to all kinds of awkward.
2008-06-07 2:35
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Deros Wrote:
Archer Wrote:The ideas of "maleness" and "femaleness" as expressed more often mean nothing more than "how the culture I was raised in taught me what a good girl or boy should be like" and for the most part I can't get my head round them at all.

I don't think that that's necessarily true of me. I consider myself female- and a warrior, which isn't exactly "good girl" material. As for how I know- I just do. I think it's more in the kind of energy that's emitted. I consider males to have bulkier energy (that makes any sense) and females... I don't know how to explain it. Smooth? Controlled? Anyways, they're different in a way.

So what it is you actually consider to be gender traits? Bulkiness of energy? Smoothness? Controlled? I'm not sure what any of that has to do with maleness or femaleness and (to use one example) given that people of either gender are capable of being out of control psychos who rant and whine and rage and inflict their emotions on others, I abslutely can't see how controlled-ness has anything to do with it.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2008-06-07 13:38
Find
Give Thanks