Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gargoyles and Fire
Nsashaell
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Gargoyles and Fire
Hey, this is Arion. I totally thought I was demonkin for a long time cause I didn't know what else to call what I look like. It's this crazy anthro lion/horse/dragon thing with fire coming off it:

[Image: newsulenarsketch.jpg]

Anyway, gargoyle seems to fit a lot better than demon, and feels more right and all that stuff. But I'm still confused by the fact that I have a mane made out of fire. I found the gargoyle legend where the dragon got set on fire, so that's one connection I guess. But I'm curious if anybody else knows of other connections between gargoyles and fire. Besides just being my element, it's kind of a big part of me, like I have the ability to create fire in our headspace and candles give me this weirdly strong sense of well being.

-Arion

Arion: Gargoyle, Erif: Asian dragon, and Shawn: Netjeri are three Otherkin members of system Nsashaell (nine people total). Others may comment occasionally.
2012-10-11 15:32
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Gargoyles and Fire
I haven't heard of a link between gargoyles and fire. That being said, it's very possible that gargoyle is the closest label you can find for what you identify with, but that the specific 'species' is called something else, something we don't have a name for. I wouldn't worry about labels too much, at least try not to make yourself crazy with it. A lot of 'kin only have a label of 'as close as I can get'.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2012-10-11 15:47
Find
Give Thanks
Nsashaell
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Lol yeah. I feel like gargoyle is kind of the closest I can get, but it feels more right than demon at least.

-Arion

Arion: Gargoyle, Erif: Asian dragon, and Shawn: Netjeri are three Otherkin members of system Nsashaell (nine people total). Others may comment occasionally.
2012-10-12 19:48
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Nsashaell Wrote:Lol yeah. I feel like gargoyle is kind of the closest I can get, but it feels more right than demon at least.

Sadly, that's oftentimes the best we can get. I highly doubt I was actually called a 'seawolf' but it's the closest approximation I have at this time. Better that than a long amalgamation sort of title, but not "exactly right" either.

As far as I know in regards to gargoyles, the architectural variety is associated with water though.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2012-10-12 20:34
Find
Give Thanks