Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuzzy mental boarders
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Fuzzy mental boarders
Archer Wrote:
Grahckheuhl Wrote:Can a dragon be a energy vamp as well. Hmmm.

Anything that needs to take "energy" from another living creature in order to thrive can be a vampire.

Can be a vampire? From my own view, a vampire is just that -- something that needs to take energy from another thing in order to sustain itself.

I actually have some theories regarding vampirism, but that's not for here. But, yes, I would say that a dragon could very well be an energy vampire, especially considering that "normal humans" can have that problem. I would liken it to any other, natural problem that you, being in a human body, can face.

Of course, I could be wrong again on this point >:}

~~~
2008-11-27 1:30
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Well, luckily this only flaired up recently, on the bus of all places, and it hasn't been as severe since. Just the normal "be slightly more/less talkative/aggressive/intellectual" type things. It just kinda jolted me when it happened.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2008-11-27 2:14
Find
Give Thanks
Grahckheuhl
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Marrik Wrote:
Archer Wrote:
Grahckheuhl Wrote:Can a dragon be a energy vamp as well. Hmmm.

Anything that needs to take "energy" from another living creature in order to thrive can be a vampire.

Can be a vampire? From my own view, a vampire is just that -- something that needs to take energy from another thing in order to sustain itself.

I actually have some theories regarding vampirism, but that's not for here. But, yes, I would say that a dragon could very well be an energy vampire, especially considering that "normal humans" can have that problem. I would liken it to any other, natural problem that you, being in a human body, can face.

Of course, I could be wrong again on this point >:}

I was more or less asking that on a more 'kin side of things. Like a dragon-vampire otherkin. I guess since you would need to thrive off another creature it would be that. Was just pondering was all.

[Image: dragonimage_156_312_pixel]
Give the guy some love!
2008-11-27 17:07
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Grahckheuhl Wrote:I was more or less asking that on a more 'kin side of things. Like a dragon-vampire otherkin. I guess since you would need to thrive off another creature it would be that. Was just pondering was all.

Anything could happen, but my guess is that it would be rare. I get the impression that a lot of dragons have a bit of elemental somewhere in their makeup. Which means they should have no trouble using elemental energy.

Even I can get vampy on occasion if the ambient energies are low. I'm extremely tuned to the seasons and the weather, so dull, cold, overcast days leave me feeling a bit lethargic. I know how to fix that now, but I didn't used to. These days if I snuggle up to someone, it's sometimes a subconscious attempt to dump extra energy on them instead of take it away.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-11-27 18:02
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Motley Wrote:
Grahckheuhl Wrote:I was more or less asking that on a more 'kin side of things. Like a dragon-vampire otherkin. I guess since you would need to thrive off another creature it would be that. Was just pondering was all.

Anything could happen, but my guess is that it would be rare. I get the impression that a lot of dragons have a bit of elemental somewhere in their makeup. Which means they should have no trouble using elemental energy.

Even I can get vampy on occasion if the ambient energies are low. I'm extremely tuned to the seasons and the weather, so dull, cold, overcast days leave me feeling a bit lethargic. I know how to fix that now, but I didn't used to. These days if I snuggle up to someone, it's sometimes a subconscious attempt to dump extra energy on them instead of take it away.

I mirror what Motley said. I attribute vampirism to a deficiency in energy and see most otherkins with a seeming surplus of energy. Of course, this is simply by human standards -- perhaps as a dragon, the energy is lower than normal. In that case, a vampiric dragon, who fed off of other dragons due to its own deficiency, doesn't seem very far-fetched. I just think the condition would change upon moving to a human body.

[I love your little dragon! (-^o^-) You made me get one... and then I had to get four more >v>]

~~~
2008-11-27 18:56
Find
Give Thanks
Grahckheuhl
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Marrik Wrote:
Motley Wrote:

I mirror what Motley said. I attribute vampirism to a deficiency in energy and see most otherkins with a seeming surplus of energy. Of course, this is simply by human standards -- perhaps as a dragon, the energy is lower than normal. In that case, a vampiric dragon, who fed off of other dragons due to its own deficiency, doesn't seem very far-fetched. I just think the condition would change upon moving to a human body.

[I love your little dragon! (-^o^-) You made me get one... and then I had to get four more >v>]

Kind of works how you said that, since I know for a fact that I really was down in terms of energy during those times. Was actually just after I accepted my past-life and dragon self.

(Haha... whoops. =p Yea, I've been waiting a long time for that site to open up the little game they have going now.)

[Image: dragonimage_156_312_pixel]
Give the guy some love!
2008-11-28 1:39
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

On various otherkin communities i have come across multiple vamp/[insert otherkin here] mixes.
A few have been vamps/dragons so it happens.

Though not all dragons have an elemental thing going on. I think it's a misconception based on how many dragons have been said to emit different sorts of breath weapons.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2009-01-06 15:53
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

chaitea Wrote:Though not all dragons have an elemental thing going on. I think it's a misconception based on how many dragons have been said to emit different sorts of breath weapons.

That and the various types of dragons associated with elements and colors from the D&D world.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2009-01-06 16:03
Find
Give Thanks
crimsonmelody
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I have a good friend who's a psi vampire as well as a dragon. His condition isn't much different from the other vampires I know. Being dragon-kin doesn't change his inability to maintain his energy levels. That and he's quite adept at using/manipulating energy of any kind regardless of his kin-ness. XD

I've met a good mix of vampire/other kin type but I'd say the percentages change depending on what forum or area you're speaking of. One forum is nearly all human vampires while vampire/anything is pretty rare in another forum. *shrugs* However I will say that this might be due to varying acceptance of these things in each place as well. The more skepticism that exists in an area, the less members will openly admit to identifying as that type.

~Even as she walked beside me, as silent as the snow falling around us, no footprints told the tale of her feet.~
2009-01-07 6:37
Find
Give Thanks
Svaenohr
Professional weirdo
Kintype:
Otherkin:

vampyre_smiles Wrote:Could this "fuzziness of boundries" be something that has contributed to, or has been caused by, my being multiple? I can't say that one predates the other, or if so which it would be.

Possibly. Having more than one person in one's head gives one the unique ability to view one's self from a sort-of outside perspective, so it seems logical to me.

-Pi

Ich bin ein Diener des Lebens.

Pi = An irrational number.
2009-01-26 8:15
Find
Give Thanks