Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fins and Flippers, oh my!
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Fins and Flippers, oh my!
so for those of us who have a strong connection with the water, and occasionaly have unexplained scales, also for those that are merfolk as their 'kin type. i know of a site just for you.

Merfolk Tails

this provides fins, tails, and accessories for those that are of the mer persuasion. it is a bit exspensive though, but it's very nice as well. you can swim in these!

they do make other types of tails as well.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2008-05-23 4:51
Find
Give Thanks
Naida
Unemployed
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Re: Fins and Flippers, oh my!
I think the only problem I have with these is they're unrealistic... I mean biologically speaking a mermaid is more fish than person. Their anatomy would be adapted to the water and skin would be impractical. They may have a humanoid top portion, but things like gills, a swim bladder and the way they swim would be more like a fish. Tails sweeping side to side, not up and down (like a dolphin or manatee or whale, etc.)

I usually get bent out of shape about stuff like that. But these are really nice. I didn't know you could buy fins and such. I always thought you'd have to get in the cast/character dressing rooms at Disney and do some recon/spy work, maybe tie a few people up to get one of these costumes (though I suppose since the fairies took over Ariel's grotto, it wouldn't happen like that now...)
2008-11-16 8:22
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

That's really neat--they'd be great for a convention.

--Sarah

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-11-16 21:44
Find
Give Thanks
Unregistered
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I definitely love the puns around there XD

"mer-mail: email with a porpoise"

lawl.
2008-11-17 3:01
Give Thanks