Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fae memories
Arethinn
Grump
Kintype: Sidhe/Fae, Dragon
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution:

Fae memories
This post was originally written in response to a question someone posted on Otherkin Alliance, below. I am interested, of course, in seeing others' responses as well!

I want to hear everyone's memories about being fae.
Who you were, where you lived, what you did on a daily basis, etc. All of the memories.
All of them.

I wish I had something that was concrete enough to put in narrative form! What I have are mostly picture-glimpses.

The Night-Forest... sometimes warm dark night and sometimes cold frosty night, though I have no memories of snow. Conifers mostly, I think, evergreen... at least in the parts I remember. Also more exotic things, crystal trees of deep jewel colors... emeralds, amethysts, sapphires, rubies. Trees which softly give off light in these colors. Deep green, giant boles of larger specimens. The stars overhead... not sure of the moon. The sound of brooks and streams and odd nocturnal birds (not owls, I mean ones sounding like daytime birds here: sparrows, nightingales...)

A place that seems to be in perpetual autumn: golden, red, brown. But then also it is not perpetual: we are effecting the change from summer to autumn, making the leaves scintillate and change color. We are the tenders, the gardeners, the caretakers.

A lonely place with only myself: my spot of the changeland, held for my own. And myself something shining made of light, not a body of flesh. A corona of that light streams from the head, more streams from the back as wings. (this is sort of what I am aiming at with my avatar here)

Courts... queens... lords. A mass raggle-taggle of many species and races. Some tall and shining and others with bestial features that yet are not unbeautiful, even if they might be thought ugly by human standards.

Speaking not only mouth and words but with a little mind to mind and a little with drawing illustrations in the air, or them spontaneously manifesting and fading, just as one spontaneously gestures with hand and body in this life.

Strange cities... some. I don't think I ever lived in any of them myself.

Shining halls Under Hill; multicolored faery flame in grate and on torch; crystals that glow with their own light. Feasting and dancing and a lord and lady at the head of the hall.

And yet a different Under Hill... very tall, cathedral-like, some sort of rays from above. The Star-Song. I can Hear Everyone Else.

Starlight shines within. Radiance and glittering. The land itself emits a soft greyish light. Everything shines and sparkles in many colors.

We used our glamour to clothe ourselves and appear as we would; of course we could all see through that but it was Not Done just as you don't go peeking up people's skirts in this life! All was beauty; how could we be other than the perfect Shining Ones, whatever a stranger might think?

Sitting around a fire and sharing a special drink, one that helps to weave a common dream-tale, which (as in more regular speaking) comes with a shared vision or illusion appearing in the air between us...

Snatches of song in the woods under sun or stars. (i'm really inconsistent about whether there is sun/moon or not. some places in memory there is, others there isn't.)

I'm also inconsistent about whether I/we are physical or non-physical. I'm not sure whether all these things are in fact the same lifetime/species/whatever, even if they are all in the same general realm of existence.

Formerly known as Eshari.
arethinn @ tumblr and Dreamwidth | shyfoxling @ DeviantArt
2011-12-06 21:15
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Fae memories
I would mention a word of caution here.

If you share every little detail of a memory, it's easy for false confirmation to happen as we all affect each other's memories easily enough. So keep something, to yourself, written down where it won't be warped by your own mind, and use it as a way to weed out the people who seem "close enough" but not actually correct.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2011-12-15 21:58
Find
Give Thanks
Arethinn
Grump
Kintype: Sidhe/Fae, Dragon
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution:

Yes, I know. And I'd hardly say this is "every little detail" - that's quite brief and vague, up there.

Formerly known as Eshari.
arethinn @ tumblr and Dreamwidth | shyfoxling @ DeviantArt
2011-12-20 1:27
Find
Give Thanks
twoface
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Arethinn Wrote:This post was originally written in response to a question someone posted on Otherkin Alliance, below. I am interested, of course, in seeing others' responses as well!

I want to hear everyone's memories about being fae.
Who you were, where you lived, what you did on a daily basis, etc. All of the memories.
All of them.

I wish I had something that was concrete enough to put in narrative form! What I have are mostly picture-glimpses.

The Night-Forest... sometimes warm dark night and sometimes cold frosty night, though I have no memories of snow. Conifers mostly, I think, evergreen... at least in the parts I remember. Also more exotic things, crystal trees of deep jewel colors... emeralds, amethysts, sapphires, rubies. Trees which softly give off light in these colors. Deep green, giant boles of larger specimens. The stars overhead... not sure of the moon. The sound of brooks and streams and odd nocturnal birds (not owls, I mean ones sounding like daytime birds here: sparrows, nightingales...)

A place that seems to be in perpetual autumn: golden, red, brown. But then also it is not perpetual: we are effecting the change from summer to autumn, making the leaves scintillate and change color. We are the tenders, the gardeners, the caretakers.

A lonely place with only myself: my spot of the changeland, held for my own. And myself something shining made of light, not a body of flesh. A corona of that light streams from the head, more streams from the back as wings. (this is sort of what I am aiming at with my avatar here)

Courts... queens... lords. A mass raggle-taggle of many species and races. Some tall and shining and others with bestial features that yet are not unbeautiful, even if they might be thought ugly by human standards.

Speaking not only mouth and words but with a little mind to mind and a little with drawing illustrations in the air, or them spontaneously manifesting and fading, just as one spontaneously gestures with hand and body in this life.

Strange cities... some. I don't think I ever lived in any of them myself.

Shining halls Under Hill; multicolored faery flame in grate and on torch; crystals that glow with their own light. Feasting and dancing and a lord and lady at the head of the hall.

And yet a different Under Hill... very tall, cathedral-like, some sort of rays from above. The Star-Song. I can Hear Everyone Else.

Starlight shines within. Radiance and glittering. The land itself emits a soft greyish light. Everything shines and sparkles in many colors.

We used our glamour to clothe ourselves and appear as we would; of course we could all see through that but it was Not Done just as you don't go peeking up people's skirts in this life! All was beauty; how could we be other than the perfect Shining Ones, whatever a stranger might think?

Sitting around a fire and sharing a special drink, one that helps to weave a common dream-tale, which (as in more regular speaking) comes with a shared vision or illusion appearing in the air between us...

Snatches of song in the woods under sun or stars. (i'm really inconsistent about whether there is sun/moon or not. some places in memory there is, others there isn't.)

I'm also inconsistent about whether I/we are physical or non-physical. I'm not sure whether all these things are in fact the same lifetime/species/whatever, even if they are all in the same general realm of existence.

I understand alot of what you are saying Arethinn. I have never experienced any past life memories until recently. I only got a quick glimpse of some of them. But I recall a forest, that is always dark, chilly and mild but never any snow. Creatures lived in the forest, they were creatures that I have never seen in the human world, but they feel familiar. It was magical and all the plants could communicate with you. And I remember vividly, that I could not go into the light. Darkness sourrounded everything, and if I tried to go into the light, I would get sick. All I really know is that these memories seem very real to me, and I found it very interesting that we seem to have such similarites. Other than that, I remember there was a distinct separation from the world of light, and the world of darkness.
2012-07-03 19:31
Find
Give Thanks
Angila
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I will post my memories.... when I remember them.... although wait.............. omg

Ok About a month ago I had this extremely realistic dream and it did not look like earth to me, it was more..... like a land of gaia(?) villages, Fae like I guess... I'd never seen anything remotely closed to that in my life. I don't remember very well where I was or who I was.... it was just their... and i could not control my dream at all.

I'll try and explain it the best I can:
I was standing on a dark brown brick road or something close to that. With huge tree's lining on both sides of this road. the tree's where orange "leafed?" they seemed more like ribbon things... i o.e weird..... there not leafs.... rofl.
I'm sorry that's all i can recall.

It's possible it could of been a past life as a Fae. That's amazing..... I read this topic and remember the only memory of being a Fae. (I had been wondering about this dream for weeks)

Thanks Arethinn....

(I kinda just wrote out my thoughts in this post, I hope you can understand it well. Please ask me if you have any questions.... english can only explain so many things..... it's not good to explain with)
^^
2012-07-04 23:11
Find
Give Thanks