Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fae blood
freelanceangel
customer service *facepalm*
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Fae blood
Now this would be something I'd have to look into. Here's the evidence I present on the question Is my father potentially fae blooded?

One: The man doesn't have a green thumb, he just IS green. Per example, we live in the desert, and yet my father grows strawberries, grapes, grass, roses, honeysuckle, oak trees, apple trees, peach trees and clover. Clover. My parents' property looks like a national forest preserve. Houseplants bloom outrageously, and when he pulled a handful of weeds in my brother's backyard, bored on a visit to Lubbock, TX, my brother called a week later in a red rage. Turns out, in Shane's dirt-covered backyard, there were rosebushes. And grass. And a tree. None of which Shane knew about- despite having tried to garden for three months- until Daddy got bored and pulled weeds.

Two: Animals adore him. I have seen cottontails sit by his chair when he's in the yard, and hummingbirds (yes plural; it's happened more than once) perch on his coffee cup. This is the man who got up at 4:30 a.m. every day for six months to spoon-feed our ancient guinea pig. She'd only eat for him. Daddy has had hawks, owls, falcons, ground squirrels, groundhogs, sugar gliders, every non-exotic snake you can imagine, and rattlesnakes. All of these died after years of fat, healthy life.

Three: He can move silently over any natural surface. Snow, dried pine needles, rocks, loose sand, dry leaves, grass... No one in my family has ever heard my father make a sound when he's just walking around outside, watering the plants. Ever.

Four: He has the internal compass of a wolf. In forest, mountain, desert, he always knows exactly what direction he's going. (We tested it with a compass during one snake-hunting trip. He was never off.) The man moves like he has a map glued to the back of his eyelids.

Five: Daddy has always sought jobs with massive amounts of outdoor work. Even when he was unemployed- and the guy who got him fired better pray I never get the flaming sword and smiting power of archangels- and had to work at Wal-Mart, he worked in the garden centre. (Believe me, everyone was commenting on how wonderful the plants looked while he was there.) The one time he was promoted to a plain office job, he became very sick.

Six: Although Daddy is 6'4", 250 lbs, bears a creepy resemblence to Stone Cold Steve Austin, and has the facial expression of an Easter Island head, he exudes a sense of utter calm and self-sufficiency. He got a high school degree, and then set about becoming one of the most respected herpetologists in his field. He's been published six times, is writing a book and has contacts globally. We have over 200 rattlesnakes that he cares for, and he's spent thousands of hours in the field, live-capturing, studying and researching the Banded Rock Rattlesnake. Why? Because Daddy said the Crotalus lepidus klauberi was the prettiest snake he'd ever seen.

...okay, now tell me all of that, taken together, isn't just a wee bit suspicious? My entire family line- on both sides- comes from England, Ireland and Scotland, with a single strain of Cherokee on Daddy's side- and Dad is the only one who exhibits all of these traits. (My mother kills plants as quickly as my father saves them, and my brother is a decent gardener. I have the animal affinity down pat.) So...opinions, anyone?

[Image: frelanceangelbanner.png]
Banner/Avatar done by the GLORIOUS Elinox: THANK YOU!
2008-08-19 22:49
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Sounds to me like he's "outdoorsy" - or however else you want to term it.

Maybe he's a Fae who is gifted with nature. Maybe he's a human who is gifted with nature. Personally, I see no reason whatsoever to suspect he is the former, based on what you have written.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-08-21 19:19
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:Sounds to me like he's "outdoorsy" - or however else you want to term it.

Maybe he's a Fae who is gifted with nature. Maybe he's a human who is gifted with nature. Personally, I see no reason whatsoever to suspect he is the former, based on what you have written.

True enough. ^_^ I really just wanted to get various opinions on this, simply because my entire family is puzzled at how the man does all of this. If nothing else, Daddy's an original.

2008-08-21 19:26
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

While I agree that it doesn't point directly to your father being Fae or anything else, it does sound extraordinary. Have people asked him how he does it? Has he said anything significant about it, given his "secret" or anything of the like?

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-08-21 20:13
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Malakoi Wrote:While I agree that it doesn't point directly to your father being Fae or anything else, it does sound extraordinary. Have people asked him how he does it? Has he said anything significant about it, given his "secret" or anything of the like?

Doesn't it? I know my brother and I are *highly* suspicious of him. *snerk* My father is beyond stoic. When we ask him how the *$&#* he walks so quietly, he just grins and doesn't reply. Ask him why animals like him? He shrugs. Do I know my father's religious feelings? Nope. All I know is the man would make a perfect D&D druid, has made a desert proprety look like a fantasy forest and decorated a corner of our deck like an altar to the Horned God. *suspicious eyes*

2008-08-22 0:41
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Hmm. That must be very frustrating. XD

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-08-22 2:42
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

My Mom is sort of like that too. I don't think she's an elf, but she is very earthy and into nature. She'd make a wonderful pagan, but does she ever say one word about spirituality in any form? Nope she just gives one of those Mona Lisa grins and pretends that there's nothing to say.

If I thought either of my parents were other it would have been my Dad. He's the one who was obsessed with flying, even got a private pilot's license. Maybe the birdy part does run in the family? But he's gone, so even if I did get up the nerve to ask I'll never know.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-08-22 5:44
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Motley Wrote:My Mom is sort of like that too. I don't think she's an elf, but she is very earthy and into nature. She'd make a wonderful pagan, but does she ever say one word about spirituality in any form? Nope she just gives one of those Mona Lisa grins and pretends that there's nothing to say.

If I thought either of my parents were other it would have been my Dad. He's the one who was obsessed with flying, even got a private pilot's license. Maybe the birdy part does run in the family? But he's gone, so even if I did get up the nerve to ask I'll never know.

My dad does exactly the same thing. We haven't even approached the topic of religion because Daddy's just...a freakin' oak tree. As for weird obsessions... He decided he wanted saltwater aquariums- in an apartment- and to learn how to scuba dive- in the desert. He's gone through entomology, biology, botany, herpetology, geology... If there's a form of natural study, Daddy's tried it out.

2008-08-22 18:09
Find
Give Thanks