Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fading, Take Overs and Other Questions of a Personal Matter
Naida
Unemployed
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Fading, Take Overs and Other Questions of a Personal Matter
Has anyone else ever experienced the sense of your soul fading away or growing blank? Has anyone lost a part of their (for lack of better word) "Kin-ness"? What did you do? Can you bring it back? Is it lost forever? What about take overs? Has anyone had one part of themselves they were so sure about, they KNEW beyond a doubt that it is what they were disappear only to be replaced by something they were terrified of? What about having a second soul come into your body and take over? Is that possible? Can the souls share the room or will one eventually expel the other?
If you've had any of these personal experiences I'd like to know more about them. If you'd rather your answer remain private, please PM or IM me.
2008-10-24 4:25
Find
Give Thanks
momo
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Fading, Take Overs and Other Questions of a Personal Matter
Naida Wrote:What about having a second soul come into your body and take over? Is that possible? Can the souls share the room?

Oh, yes. You're describing the experience of 'walk-ins', where souls come to reside in a body alongside the original soul. I'm pretty sure that one soul CAN expel the other, but the cases I've heard of often have the souls sharing the room. Quite harmoniously, too.

~ Lishie

Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
[Image: momobanner2ok0.png]
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
2008-10-24 9:26
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Naida Wrote:Has anyone else ever experienced the sense of your soul fading away or growing blank?

Yes. Perhaps the best way to describe it would be as a kind of dissociation. (Wikipedia it, the article there is very good.) There are times in which experiences, memories, even the sense of self and world become "unreal". This happens with normal, "mundane" things as well. Most people have it happen on a regular basis - often when driving - and with some people it is so severe it's a disorder.

Quote:Has anyone lost a part of their (for lack of better word) "Kin-ness"? What did you do? Can you bring it back? Is it lost forever?

My experience of it was that I felt a great sense of loss but didn't have the necessary part of my "self" to even understand what it was that I had lost; a little like losing your legs, but at the same time having no understanding of what walking was even like.

With me, I waited, it came back eventually. With others, it could be the same or different.

Quote:What about take overs? Has anyone had one part of themselves they were so sure about, they KNEW beyond a doubt that it is what they were disappear only to be replaced by something they were terrified of?

I think if you "know" absolutely what you are, then any change in your knowledge or your nature will be frightening because it is a direct challenge to your worldview. Being scared of yourself, or parts of yourself? Sure, I've felt that, in a kin-related situation. But people who have mental illness in their families feel it too.

Quote:What about having a second soul come into your body and take over? Is that possible? Can the souls share the room or will one eventually expel the other?

I cam't think of anyone I know who got taken over, as it were - but if a soul joins a body that's generally called a walk-in; the original can stay, leave, die, get blended, or any number of things.

Quote:If you've had any of these personal experiences I'd like to know more about them. If you'd rather your answer remain private, please PM or IM me.

I'm a multiple, specifically someone who is 90% Archer and 10% "my other half". Bits of me left, and were replaced when I was a young child with bits of him. I'm happy to discuss this or any other multiple related issues either here or in PM, whichever you prefer.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-10-24 12:10
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

The dissociative part I can relate to. Like Archer said, it does come back. I'm very seasonally affective. I used to be practically dead to the world every winter. It wasn't scary at the time, because I didn't have anything to be scared with, but the regularity of it meant I could dread what was coming ahead of time. In spring it always came back. It gave me a very hard time in school, since the school year is in high gear right when I'm at my lowest. Nobody knew what was wrong with me. I went to therapists but they never asked the right questions.

But it seems that the cycle wasn't about losing my self, it was a natural expression of it. My energy cycles are tied pretty closley to those of the earth and the things growing upon it. I've come to recogninze that the down time in winter is meant for resting, healing and preparing for the next year, not necesarily a bad thing. Only problem is when I'm in a situation where the people around me don't agree.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-10-24 16:41
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Our sense of personal identity is good enough that we can tell, given a few days and some reflection, whether something lost, gained, or replaced is a person or a change to someone who's been here. Part of it is a feeling that I can't really put into words, but part is looking at the consistency or inconsistency of all other thought and behavior, and comparing it to everyone we know is here. During that examination process, we also ask for anyone new to directly communicate with us; that's how we found Eva (who later integrated with two others to create Cat). And part of the short timeframe there is the fact that we've been working on this for a while. It may take some time to sort out what's happening, but the patience is worth it.

I'm a walk-in and I also subsequently split along past-life lines, but I'm not sure how much of that parallels your own situation. My former other-half, Aspen, gets her personality from a life that I didn't want to accept and we're quite happy to be separated in this way. I'm willing to talk more about all that, or to let the others talk about it, if similarities pop up and we think it's relevant.

-Shainin

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-10-24 18:39
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I took over this body, though not by force.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-10-24 22:56
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Naida Wrote:Has anyone else ever experienced the sense of your soul fading away or growing blank? Has anyone lost a part of their (for lack of better word) "Kin-ness"? What did you do? Can you bring it back? Is it lost forever? What about take overs? Has anyone had one part of themselves they were so sure about, they KNEW beyond a doubt that it is what they were disappear only to be replaced by something they were terrified of? What about having a second soul come into your body and take over? Is that possible? Can the souls share the room or will one eventually expel the other?
If you've had any of these personal experiences I'd like to know more about them. If you'd rather your answer remain private, please PM or IM me.

Most of the questions seem to pertain to Walk-Ins.

We're two separate souls from very different planes co-inhabiting the same body. We were both born into the body and both call it home. However, for 19 years only one of us knew about the other and the other had no clue abut me until recently.

One soul can probably expel the other, but so far, in our case, we're quite fine with one another and make it through the day better, too.

--Gabriel

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-11-01 0:13
Find
Give Thanks
thetwins
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

We have been diagnosed as disassociative and that is one of the labels that we will accept that answers part of the question of what we are. But we view each other as completely seperate entities that happen to share the body. So when one of the others is at the foreground and speaking it doesn't change who I am, just is a matter of it being someone else within being in control. Well, more or less in control sometimes we interfere within. Anyhow. That they are different in nature from me does not change what I am, changes in understanding of what they are (some of which have I did not respond very well to) does not change what I am. What did change was suddenly finding out after 15 years or so that there were others in my skull. I freaked out just a little. Suddenly having another voice inside my head that was not me and very much at home in there was startling.
That said I would say in the multiple context it is certainly possible for others within to fade and to return. Don't know how to cause that as I have been focused on other questions. And well they were back. And haven't left again. And the question of why has only partly been answered.
As to whether or not one can lose one's own 'kin-ness', I don't know. Certainly our understandings of ourselves within have undergone some major changes along the way. Does that mean we changed or our perception of who are changed? And some of it is that we have changed, we have grown and learnt things along the way. But I would not say those changes also changed our 'kin-ness'. And I am looking at this and thinking, there is a line here, somewhere maybe, but I don't know where it is. At what point do changes in behaviours that one connects to 'kin-ness' mean the 'kin-ness' has changed or the perception was off and at what point do they just mean that just the behaviour has changed.

Face

[Image: thetwinsbanner.png]
2008-11-03 7:07
Find
Give Thanks
Naida
Unemployed
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I wanted to offer up a quick thanks to everyone's answers. I guess the idea of a walk-in or multiple kind of scares me. I don't hear a second voice in my head, but it's almost like I'm getting flashes of memories that aren't mine, weird desires to do things I've never wanted to do before. People I used to be attracted to seem more insignificant now. The only thing it hasn't affected is my relationship with my daughter. My friendships are becoming more and more strained. I think hearing the other voice would be helpful - I mean, I could ask questions and find out what's going on... I guess I'm still a little confused, and just randomly received a headache, but hopefully this will resolve itself one way or another.
2008-11-04 20:23
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

You could try asking questions anyway - you may get some kind of answer.

-Rhun

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-11-05 0:05
Find
Give Thanks