Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiences and Feelings
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Experiences and Feelings
We promised somewhere we would PM someone strange experiences, but we figured this would be better so, here we go:

I was sitting in the passenger seat of the car and our mother was driving; we were on our way home and were driving past the church. The sound was off and the conversation had ended. While I was looking out of the front window, I heard the voice of scared child shout, "Mommy! Help me!". The voice was coming from the direction of the armrest between the passenger and driver's seat. I repeat, the radio was off. The car was silent and there were no kids in the vicinity. I never found out about the voice and my mom hadn't even heard the voice.

This spooked me and still does (Gabriel has no clue about the voice, either).

We've also had experiences of someone calling our name or saying something and us going out to see what was wanted and there was no one in the house. This happens frequently, especially if we haven't salted the corners of the house.

--Shang

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-11-07 1:12
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Experiences and Feelings
Is there any history of mental disorders/diseases in your family what so ever? And/or any brain diseases what so ever?

Is this usually the same voice? Or several different voices?

While it could easily be a metaphysical or psychic occurrence, it would be too quick to take that route before ruling out any potentially dangerous sources for the thing.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-11-07 11:35
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Freetha Wrote:Is there any history of mental disorders/diseases in your family what so ever? And/or any brain diseases what so ever?

Is this usually the same voice? Or several different voices?

While it could easily be a metaphysical or psychic occurrence, it would be too quick to take that route before ruling out any potentially dangerous sources for the thing.

None at all--the family's clean on any mental or psychological diseases. I've even been checked out and we're perfectly healthy in that realm of life.

It's usually male or female--sometimes sounds like our parents.

My mom says not to answer or go if the voice says my name because it's the devil (all according to her). Our family is usually "gifted" in the metaphysical realm, though--according to them.

--Sarah

2008-11-07 18:46
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Do you have tinnitus?

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-11-07 21:31
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Freetha Wrote:Do you have tinnitus?

No, thankfully.

--Sarah

2008-11-07 21:42
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Are you empathic? Do you get any emotional impressions to go with the voices? (Empathy is usually harder to fool, so you could judge for yourself when it comes to your mother's devil theory.) Though theoretically, good spirits shouldn't be put off by salt. Unless your intent is to keep them all out...

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-11-08 2:13
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

It is very, very common for people to hear snippets of voices either saying short phrases or (especially) calling out your name. If you are tired or otherwise unfocussed (say if you're lost in music, or daydreaming on a long journey) it is even more likely.

The jury is out, however, on whether this is just the brain imagining patterns that don't exist or the brain picking up some kind of spiritual transmission.

Some questions to ask:

1) Do the voices seem unrelated, or do they seem to follow on from one another? By which I mean, isolated "help me" calls, or your name, would be unrelated. But if you get "help me" one day, then "please help me!" another day, then "why didn't you help me?" they would be forming some kind of progression.

2) Is it always the same voice?

3) Do you hear it in a variety of situations and places? For years I was dogged with hearing my name called out in a specific way, and it freaked me out - it sounded exactly like my mother, and seemed panicked. I eventually worked out that there's a flaw in my .mp3 of The Final Countdown that my brain fills in the blanks of to hear my name - mystery solved.

Also - who is Gabriel? Another of you as a multiple, or a guardian, or what? Depending on who he is it may be the case that he only has access to your knowledge - or will only make you aware of things you already know, no matter what he knows. As such, asking him for information might not be helpful anyway.

Once you know a bit more about this voice or these voices, my suggestion would be to try to speak back to it. Bottom line, unless it's something very prosaic no-one on this forum knows what it is - but if it's something a bit out-there, then chances are *it* knows what it is, and as such should be the best place to get answers.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-11-08 3:08
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:It is very, very common for people to hear snippets of voices either saying short phrases or (especially) calling out your name. If you are tired or otherwise unfocussed (say if you're lost in music, or daydreaming on a long journey) it is even more likely.

The jury is out, however, on whether this is just the brain imagining patterns that don't exist or the brain picking up some kind of spiritual transmission.

Some questions to ask:

1) Do the voices seem unrelated, or do they seem to follow on from one another? By which I mean, isolated "help me" calls, or your name, would be unrelated. But if you get "help me" one day, then "please help me!" another day, then "why didn't you help me?" they would be forming some kind of progression.

2) Is it always the same voice?

3) Do you hear it in a variety of situations and places? For years I was dogged with hearing my name called out in a specific way, and it freaked me out - it sounded exactly like my mother, and seemed panicked. I eventually worked out that there's a flaw in my .mp3 of The Final Countdown that my brain fills in the blanks of to hear my name - mystery solved.

Also - who is Gabriel? Another of you as a multiple, or a guardian, or what? Depending on who he is it may be the case that he only has access to your knowledge - or will only make you aware of things you already know, no matter what he knows. As such, asking him for information might not be helpful anyway.

Once you know a bit more about this voice or these voices, my suggestion would be to try to speak back to it. Bottom line, unless it's something very prosaic no-one on this forum knows what it is - but if it's something a bit out-there, then chances are *it* knows what it is, and as such should be the best place to get answers.

1.) The voices are entirely unrelated and if we take measures of salting the corners, I very rarely hear my name called.

2.) It's never the same voice.

3.) It can be anywhere and usually sounds either like my mom or dad and once my sister. (And I don't have a working mp3 player, lol)

Gabriel's and I share the same body--we're a multiple. Asking him gets really no answers, since before I knew of him, he was just sort of watching.

Yeah, I figured no one would know but someone asked for me to put it down and I did.

--Sarah

2008-11-08 20:20
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Not the most exciting answer, but if the voices are unrelated and they sound like family members, I would say it is almost certainly just a trick of the ear.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-11-09 0:25
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:Not the most exciting answer, but if the voices are unrelated and they sound like family members, I would say it is almost certainly just a trick of the ear.

Quite possible. I know I get phantom phone calls from time to time. It's more likely to happen when I'm feeling stressed. I discovered that the easiest way to fix that was to change the ringtone on my phone. It takes the subconscious a bit of time to catch up. (Not that you can exactly change your family's voices, or your own name that easily.)

Of course it's also more likely for random things to fall down or move for no reason when I'm stressed out too....(twillight zone music)

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-11-09 1:57
Find
Give Thanks