Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution or Creation?
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Evolution or Creation?
No, this isn't biology class. But where do angels come from? Are they created in their entirety or do they evolve from other beings? I've heard people claim both sides, and I think both sides have merit. Just that our language gives only one word to describe two different things.

Well, this isn't a poll either. I don't really care if you favor one over the other. What I want to know is, how does your perception of origin influence your current beliefs, and the way you currently live your life? What does it mean to be an evolved being? What does it mean to be a created being? Or do you believe in a combination of both or neither, and how does that affect your views of yourself and your place in the world?

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-10-26 18:59
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Evolution or Creation?
I have never considered whether I may have been a created or evolved being. I also doubt there's any way to find out. I have a hard time believing that anything could create sentient beings but my particular nature does not easily lend itself to evolution.

If I ever come to anything remotely resembling a conclusion, I'll let you know.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-10-26 20:16
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I believe that angels are created by The Source, God, whatever you call your higher power. I believe I was created and am a being of pure energy. My beliefs on what I am and how my "kind" are created doesn't really affect my current beliefs. I mean, based on my "knowledge" if you can call it that I do believe that there's one higher power, but I'm not entirely sure if humanity has created all the other gods/goddesses or if the Source created them as personas for Itself to make Itself relatable to various races that don't have a connection to It like celestials do.

To me, only physical beings can be evolved, their genetic makeup changing to allow evolution to take place. Since energetic beings don't have DNA to evolve, I believe we're created. Since I believe myself to be a created being I do feel that I have a closer connection to the Source than evolved beings do. But does the knowledge of my origins affect me now? Not really. It's interesting being a created being in an evolved one's body.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-10-26 20:19
Find
Give Thanks
Valamezar
Condordancer, Bannsänger, professional Nurse, Remote Viewer and Trainer of it, Webadmin and Artist (Singer, Painter and Writer)
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I know that I was being created back then, a long time ago, when there was nothing except energy. Evolution does not have much in common with me - but learning. Most ideas regarding a kind of evolution of for example human souls becoming angels sometime in the future I locate in the New Age systems of believe. Human souls walk a different path and slowly grow until their total self has learned enough in the Human-Time-Space-Illusion. But those are not angels but human souls.

For me it is clear that angels and humans does not have much in common. There ARE some exceptions, however. Remember Enoch? He was translated into heaven and made an angel. But he was not evolved into one. He was granted that transformation. In china similar incidents are reported, there in connection with dragons. Not celestial dragons, but the more mundane ones.

If some people really see angels where others see only empty space, let them paint the angels. (John Ruskin, 1819 - 1900, english critic and writer)
2008-10-26 21:14
Find
Give Thanks
Granamyr
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I do not think there is a creator or creatrix. There is strong evidence that life on this planet evolved via Natural Selection evolution. I think this can include spirit beings. Ergo, I hold that the whole of everything is natural not supernatural. In fact, there are no supernatural beings in my worldview; just realms of space time separate from us and beings who exist there that we don't understand and thus call...supernatural. I'm a spiritual evolutionist you could say! But I'm fairly agnostic about it. I don't know that we can know or not know such things...only theorize.
2008-10-28 1:56
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I am of the Creation side of those beliefs. I believe that Angels were made by the Creator to fulfill specific purposes, while I believe the role of the Angel has evolved over time and that the Angels created have evolved with it, I do not believe that procreation between Angels was common enough to serve an evolutionary chain.

I also feel that the lifespan of an Angel is eternal, and thusly, such evolution would be painfully slow in comparison to other creatures' evolutionary paths.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-10-28 2:18
Find
Give Thanks
auriel
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Evolution would imply natural selection, i don't feel that's quite possible amongst celestials. Perhaps though, as some have already said, purpose/function does evolve/change.

fade in now into ambiguity, what once mere intangible now my senses align...rather do i myself lose, or is lost the world?
2008-10-29 22:53
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

If a creation of a god creates another entitiy that is of the first entity but different, is that creation or evolution?

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-10-29 22:54
Find
Give Thanks
Valamezar
Condordancer, Bannsänger, professional Nurse, Remote Viewer and Trainer of it, Webadmin and Artist (Singer, Painter and Writer)
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Creation. Evolution is a process not deliberately conducted, as in your example when one creature, created by god, creates another creature. Evolution implies something like Mendel's laws that are only then fitting, when Cells with a Core are involved that possesses DNA. I never met an Angel that has Angel-DNA (though some strange and bizarre Esoterics state a 12-strang-DNA - but until today no one has seen one of such). Celldividing does not take place with energetic beings, lacking of DNA in the first place, which is a corporeal thing, not in existence when your body consists of energy and light. Keeping that in mind the whole thing ends up in the creation corner.

If some people really see angels where others see only empty space, let them paint the angels. (John Ruskin, 1819 - 1900, english critic and writer)
2008-10-29 23:13
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

"Evolution" does not necessarily have to refer to cell division, DNA, or indeed natural selection. There are plenty of other ways to evolve and I am pretty much certain that energetic beings could do them.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-10-29 23:17
Find
Give Thanks