Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entity Decay
Yashiki
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Entity Decay
Hmm, currently i'm in no suitable state to be discerning things... yet i had to check up on one of the entities i made, I refer to it as 'N' here for short.

Few days ago, an acquaintance of mine passed away due to final stage colon cancer... seemingly unavoidable and caused by that individual's own actions i could say, but before that i had dispatched 'N' on an unfeeling whim to ensure this individual would live longer than the stipulated '6 months at most' given from a medical standpoint. 'N' after all had been proven to me by a couple other 'magi' that it was able to affect the physical instantly as it required. I can't recall how many days into the matter, i had 'N' withdraw support; only to then order it to resume it a couple or so days later. My state then is still as now, transitional so distortions were clear. Regardless, the acquaintance soon became deceased, without lasting even a diagnosed six months, apparently the organs failed while he was in medical care.

And now that i look at 'N', for some reason the protrayal is that of a partially decayed entity as well... to which the response to my inquiry was that it overstretched itself and landed in this state. While i would be heading to repair and upgrade it soon, i've intentionally listed some details here to listen to some opinions on 'finer details'. Apparently the physical still isn't something 'nice', even to my entities...
2009-02-26 16:48
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Entity Decay
I'd guess that part of the decay was caused by you changing your mind. You made it for a purpose, then revoked that purpose, then reinstated it. Ow. Poor thing. You confused it, and confusion is bad. It sets up conflicting energy patterns.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-02-26 16:58
Find
Give Thanks
Yashiki
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

'N's original purpose if you will was freeform... basically its a not even meant for specifics but rather a 'do anything as necessary' kind of existence, more of an entity by itself with independence and its intelligence as well as development left to its own means, its foundation making it capable of interacting and learning from other entities or whatever sources on its own discretion given the base understanding of its 'essence'. You could say for all that, its probably more reliable than the conscious me of 'now'.

It communicates though that it is intentionally staying like this to see how far it can 'degenerate' and yet recover completely into something more improved... in the sense that if it can't get over something like this, it can't really be that capable can it?

Question is if my clarity for reception is clear at the moment... or fogged up...

I should have gotten Marbas or something to add the support in instead... but whether those types respond is another issue...
2009-02-26 17:13
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Yashiki Wrote:It communicates though that it is intentionally staying like this to see how far it can 'degenerate' and yet recover completely into something more improved... in the sense that if it can't get over something like this, it can't really be that capable can it?

Not much on self-preservation is it?

Quote:Question is if my clarity for reception is clear at the moment... or fogged up...

That I can't tell you without doing more poking around than I feel like bothering with. I don't know you that well.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-02-27 0:36
Find
Give Thanks
Yashiki
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Quote:That I can't tell you without doing more poking around than I feel like bothering with. I don't know you that well.

I used to tend to dig information about random users and their situations on whims, with the lame facade of reason as 'practice'. Mattered little though, besides i'll find out anyway...

Quote:Not much on self-preservation is it?

Its probably only human manufactured entities made to think like humans themselves will work in a sense of so, self preservation or otherwise... alot of entities, even 'N' can be 'returned' even if 'destroyed' in the conventional human frame of thinking. Its ridiculously easy to do that, if one looked from the plain human perspective.
2009-02-27 14:53
Find
Give Thanks
Fair_Fanged
Artist, Illustrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Seems you sent this being to interfere in the nature and physicality of another. Maybe it absorbed some energy from this person, and allowing itself to decay so it can be reborn stronger, like the phoenix. That is the first thing I thought of when I read your post.
2009-03-20 1:21
Find
Give Thanks