Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy reading(?)
Oblivian
Studying to be a carmechanic.
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Energy reading(?)
I have this thing I do, which I do whenever I come in skin-to-skin contact with someone.

Basically, I read that persons energy instinctively to find out it's current feelings towards me, and anything that person may know that is of importance to me in one way or another.
Uhm.. if I was to give a deeper explaination I'd say I savour energy like a gourmet savours a fine wine, tasting it slowly to pick it apart in his/hers mind and see how many pieces and fragments of its nature he/she can find by just that.
Somehow, it only applies to things that has to do with either me, or the persons weaknesses.

Such as.. say.. someone being jealous of something I have, or am able of doing.. or like that my ex was cheating on me.
Just for very much easy-to-understand pointers.

Should this be considered a subversion/very much speciallized version of empathy? I don't think I've ever encountered anyone else doing this, so I'd like to know others opinions on it.

Nothing on ethical aspects tho, those I don't have much interest in.. ;O

//O.

Dragons may be able to fly, but werewolves don't get sucked into jet-engines.
2008-02-28 20:04
Find
Give Thanks
lemur
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Energy reading(?)
Oblivian Wrote:I have this thing I do, which I do whenever I come in skin-to-skin contact with someone.

Basically, I read that persons energy instinctively to find out it's current feelings towards me, and anything that person may know that is of importance to me in one way or another.
Uhm.. if I was to give a deeper explaination I'd say I savour energy like a gourmet savours a fine wine, tasting it slowly to pick it apart in his/hers mind and see how many pieces and fragments of its nature he/she can find by just that.
Somehow, it only applies to things that has to do with either me, or the persons weaknesses.

Such as.. say.. someone being jealous of something I have, or am able of doing.. or like that my ex was cheating on me.
Just for very much easy-to-understand pointers.

Should this be considered a subversion/very much speciallized version of empathy? I don't think I've ever encountered anyone else doing this, so I'd like to know others opinions on it.

Nothing on ethical aspects tho, those I don't have much interest in.. ;O

//O.

I can do something similar, though not exactly that, since I don't exactly "savour energy" all the time (unless I'm Feeding), and I can apply it to other things (sadly it's not always about me and much less their weaknesses). I suppose this is considered a form of empathy at some level, though I too would call it energy reading. This is the reason why I don't consider myself an empath -- I don't get the same emotions as the people in question.
2008-04-18 10:40
Find
Give Thanks