Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy Evolution: What are Energy Beings?
Nameless
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Energy Evolution: What are Energy Beings?
There is already a thread that asks for clarity about what an Energy Being is, but I want to ask more than that. Where do they come from, how are the born/formed, did they evolve, do they exist in a parallel reality, or are they strictly formed of mystical energies?

What are Energy based lifeforms, how did they evolve (did they evolve), and if they are energy based does this imply that they are non-cellular organisms and thereby do not fit into the categorization of life by human definition? For example, let us take the hypothetical example of a photon based life form. How would the photons communicate, bond to create a more complex or cohesive structure, what fuel would the entity process to sustain itself and how (or would it need too?) and where would the intelligence of this entity be located if it has no organs or cells? Or can the laws of our physical universe not be applied because Energy Beings come from alternate dimensions?

Or, assuming that Energy Beings are in fact constructed from a more mystical or spiritual source of energy that is not so easily defined, or associated with the scientific definition of energy, how would such an entity come into being? Coalesce, merge, spontaneously appear? Is there a single type of formation that all Energy Beings share or is each type of Energy Being unique, and if so any ideas about why?

These questions are brain teasers, things to cramp the minds of my fellow Others (as well as my own). Share, inquire, and brainstorm. It will be interesting to see where this thread leads. I have actually given this very little thought and have no clear memory of my origin as a Shadow, I simply was.
2009-03-05 7:18
Find
Give Thanks
Sheogorath
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Energy Evolution: What are Energy Beings?
If you want to get technical we're all energy based life-forms. Just different stages of energy, which we call matter. Quantum theory is interesting if you've ever got a chance to read it, it may actually help with some of your questions here.
2009-03-05 12:34
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I was thinking about this last week or so, that energy beings do not qualify under the scientific definition of life. In the most pure and basic form they are pretty much unchanging. But they are alive under that more spiritual definition of awareness, consciousness, or of 'having a soul.' The spiritual definition of life is hard to pin down because you can easily attack each of the words I threw at it. All I can say is that if you enter a deep meditative state you don't suddenly stop being alive even if consciousness, awareness and soul are debatable. You are still you.

As an animist I believe that Source itself is a mass of living energy and everything that comes from it is made of living energy. So, yes, we could say that everyone and every thing is technically an energy being.

As for how energy beings, as we think of them, are formed, I imagine something along the lines of a stellar nursery. It may be like a nebula where energy coalesces until some critical mass is achieved. Enough that the energy becomes aware. It may take a bit more mass until it can survive outside the nursery without dissipating. Every beings formed within the same nursery will have similar energy signatures because they're made of the same stuff.

I've been pondering the idea of what they eat, how they eat, and if they even need to. Inside a nursery, it probably isn't an issue. They don't really lose energy. So they probably don't worry about replacing it. About like asking if a drop of water in an ocean needs to drink. Outside of a nursery, if they lose energy, it would make sense that it needs to be replaced so they don't diminish.

I think different beings solve that problem in different ways. Could be that the dark beings try to take energy in from their surroundings, which could explain why they're dark. They're taking in more energy than they are putting out. I believe that light beings are still tapped in, in some nonlocal, maybe wormholeish way to their source. If they lose energy to their surroundings, it's not a problem because it's constantly replaced from within. 'Light' and 'dark' is a somewhat literal approximation of what they look like. It doesn't have anything to do with order or chaos or morality. It's endothermic versus exothermic.

Do the nurseries exist in an alternate plane of existence? Probably.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-03-05 18:08
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Nameless Wrote:There is already a thread that asks for clarity about what an Energy Being is, but I want to ask more than that. Where do they come from, how are the born/formed, did they evolve, do they exist in a parallel reality, or are they strictly formed of mystical energies?

All of the above, depending on the specific being.

Quote:What are Energy based lifeforms, how did they evolve (did they evolve), and if they are energy based does this imply that they are non-cellular organisms and thereby do not fit into the categorization of life by human definition?

Sure. If "life" is defined in terms of physical, carbon based entities then it doesn't apply to anything especially different.

Quote:For example, let us take the hypothetical example of a photon based life form. How would the photons communicate, bond to create a more complex or cohesive structure, what fuel would the entity process to sustain itself and how (or would it need too?) and where would the intelligence of this entity be located if it has no organs or cells? Or can the laws of our physical universe not be applied because Energy Beings come from alternate dimensions?

I am yet to meet any energy beings who claim to be made of photons, wind, radiation, or whatever. "Energy" is generally used not in the scientific sense, but in the sense of ki/chi/psi/whatever. I don't really see any relationship between the two other than the name and applying rules and information about one to the other doesn't strike me as very helpful.

Quote:Or, assuming that Energy Beings are in fact constructed from a more mystical or spiritual source of energy that is not so easily defined, or associated with the scientific definition of energy, how would such an entity come into being? Coalesce, merge, spontaneously appear?

All of the above. "My kind of shadows" tend to form by coalescing, but I couldn't say about anything else.

Quote:Is there a single type of formation that all Energy Beings share or is each type of Energy Being unique, and if so any ideas about why?

I see no reason whatsoever why all energy beings would share a single type of formation.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-03-06 1:23
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Motley Wrote:I believe that light beings are still tapped in, in some nonlocal, maybe wormholeish way to their source. If they lose energy to their surroundings, it's not a problem because it's constantly replaced from within. 'Light' and 'dark' is a somewhat literal approximation of what they look like. It doesn't have anything to do with order or chaos or morality. It's endothermic versus exothermic.

Notwithstanding the fact that you may be using "light" and "dark" in a different way from me, in my experience light and dark beings can have just as much (or just as little) connection with their Source as each other. The brighty lighties are not more connected than the shadows, though of course there is massive individual variation.

Quote:Do the nurseries exist in an alternate plane of existence? Probably.

Among my lot, there were no nurseries or any equivalent of same. We weren't made/grown somewhere and then moved out somewhere else; we just were.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2009-03-06 1:26
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:
Motley Wrote:I believe that light beings are still tapped in, in some nonlocal, maybe wormholeish way to their source. If they lose energy to their surroundings, it's not a problem because it's constantly replaced from within. 'Light' and 'dark' is a somewhat literal approximation of what they look like. It doesn't have anything to do with order or chaos or morality. It's endothermic versus exothermic.

Notwithstanding the fact that you may be using "light" and "dark" in a different way from me, in my experience light and dark beings can have just as much (or just as little) connection with their Source as each other. The brighty lighties are not more connected than the shadows, though of course there is massive individual variation.

I would think that a 'lighty' that goes around shining all over the place, but isn't connected to something would be in real danger of burning out. I guess there is no reason why a dark being wouldn't be connected to their source though. I guess a lighty could even turn predatory, it's just that the thought sounds sooo....ewww. But I'm probably biased.

"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-03-06 2:49
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I was created fully aware. Of course, that's hardly the only method for the creation of a being, energetic or otherwise.

-Yriela

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2009-03-06 6:09
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Motley Wrote:I would think that a 'lighty' that goes around shining all over the place, but isn't connected to something would be in real danger of burning out.

Not if they're generators, and not if they know how to raise energy properly.

Quote:I guess there is no reason why a dark being wouldn't be connected to their source though. I guess a lighty could even turn predatory, it's just that the thought sounds sooo....ewww. But I'm probably biased.

Well yeah, I never said brighty lighties were all nice. In my experience they're just as likely as anyone else to suck your eyeballs out.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2009-03-06 17:46
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:
Motley Wrote:I would think that a 'lighty' that goes around shining all over the place, but isn't connected to something would be in real danger of burning out.

Generate from what? Raise from where? How does that work?

2009-03-06 23:21
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Motley Wrote:
Archer Wrote:

Generate from what? Raise from where? How does that work?

When I myself "raise energy" (in other words, use energy working practices to increase the level of energy within myself) it comes from the world about me - no connection with Source is necessary. As such I do not think a brighty lighty would inherently need a connection to Source, even if it is pouring out energy.

As for generating - I believe there are entities that can effectively generate energy within themselves, rather than raising it in the normal way. Perhaps they actually produce it, or perhaps they simply take it in and purify it with exceptional speed. Either way, I don't see that a connection to Source is necessary for energy beings. It may well be for angels - but while some energy beings are angels, not all are (and not all angels are energy beings), so IMO it doesn't make sense to apply angel-characteristics to energy beings.

On another note as well - shadow energy is generally more difficult to detect than brighty lighty energy, but that doesn't mean brighty lighty energy is more plentiful. I see no reason why a brighty lighty would be more prone to "burning out" than anything else.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2009-03-07 1:14
Find
Give Thanks