Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Elfquest"
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

"Elfquest"
Elfquest was an independantly published comic from the 70s (and early 80s?). I've never actually read it, but a few years ago I remember an otherkin (either an elf or angel of some kind, I think) talking about it on a mailing list. They said that Elfquest's writers had been friends, and that the idea for Elfquest was basically "stolen" from otherkin memories they'd shared.

Does anyone else remember hearing this? I don't for one moment think it's correct, it's just bugging me a lot that I can't remember who the alleged "source" of the comic was.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-11-22 5:37
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: "Elfquest"
I've never heard that, but I've a friend who's a Multiple and her headmate says something similar, but about a vampire comic book.

I don't believe anyone who claims that about a comic book creation, especially Elfquest because that comic was neat >> **our dad used to own several copies**

--Shang

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-11-22 18:51
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

My friends and I used to read it before class in middle school. (Late 80's, I'm not that old!)

I'm not surprised at the claim though I have no idea if it's true or not. The series did have a rather interesting background. I could see people reading it and then thinking they were kin because of it. It was a good series.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-11-23 0:17
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

This is really going to bug me. Whoever it was was really vocal about "they stole Elfquest from me!!!" so I can't be the only one who heard - but it was several years ago and possibly in a group that didn't have much crossover with this one.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2008-11-23 0:55
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm familiar with the web comic though this is the first time I've heard someone claim that specifically. i have heard that the basic idea of the conic was loosely based on possible otherkin memories the actual author may or may not have had themselves.

though to me the whole thing sounds exactly like the nuts who whine that Tolkin based Lord of the Rings on their past lives. So i wouldn't wrack my mind too much over this.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2009-01-06 15:00
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think the person was correct - I don't think Elfquest was based on otherkin memories and I certainly don't think the writers "stole" it.

I just want to remember who claimed they did!

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2009-01-06 21:27
Find
Give Thanks
Arethinn
Grump
Kintype: Sidhe/Fae, Dragon
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution:

I've not ever heard this rumour. I did used to be acquainted with someone named Spearcarrier (who also went by the name Blue, among other things, as I recall) who claimed to know WaRP, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this.

Formerly known as Eshari.
arethinn @ tumblr and Dreamwidth | shyfoxling @ DeviantArt
2009-01-18 6:49
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

WaRP?

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2009-01-18 18:43
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Archer Wrote:WaRP?

Wendy and Richard Pini.