Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Identity or Constant Shift?
Granamyr
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Dragon Identity or Constant Shift?
Does anyone here identify themselves as a Draconic due to having a frequent or constant phantom shift to a dragon-like form rather than having some notion of a dragon identity? I recently began questioning my own identity and came to this notion. I have no real idea of how or why I'd be a dragon proper. I've considered the incarnate spirit notion as well as the past-life. However, past-life doesn't seem like it would be an identity proper but a PAST identity.

I'm an evidence oriented kind of person. I'm skeptical about things until I experience them or collect enough information that personally convinces me of the correctness, rightness or wrongness of something. Thus, I have no reason to believe I am a dragon proper. However, I do experience phantom shifts and shifts to other animal-like mindsets. This leads me to think that my identity is caused by the shifting not the other way around. Now WHY I shift is could be a whole 'nother topic. I don't know why I shift, I just do.

Anyone else feel this way about their draconic nature or shifting experiences? In what way DO you identify as a Draconic or Dragon? Do you think there is a difference? For myself, currently, I'm using Draconic meaning to me, I shift most often to a dragon-like being but I am not a dragon proper.
2008-07-15 1:49
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Dragon Identity or Constant Shift?
I have more of a draconic identity simply because draconic psi-shifts are uncomfortable and I can do something about it.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-07-15 2:52
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I used to shift into something like a draconic or demonic gargoyle thing. I didn't really identify as any of those, it was just the shape I felt like wearing at the time. It was a phase and I did sorta grow out of it. If you caught me when I was a teen I would have claimed to be a hawk therian, all the while kicking the celestial idea around in the back of my mind and not talking about it, but it turns out that hawk is one of my imprints. I could call myself a polymorph, but that doesn't go very far in describing the nature of my being. My core self, and the various imprints placed upon it, hasn't really changed no matter what form it has decided to take.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-07-15 3:31
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Just thought of something...

Several people mentioned Haku from Spirited Away. Remember that he wasn't an actual flesh and blood dragon. He was a river spirit.

"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-07-15 3:37
Find
Give Thanks
Shiari
Veterinary Technician
Kintype:
Otherkin:

The sense of "past life" has been firmly there from day one, even before I considered such to be really possible. Nothing really changed with regards to Me when I went through my awakening. I just now had an idea to place along side... and 4 years of wondering if I was bonkers. Having had more experience, I see the shinoar in the human. My personality now is different from back then to be sure. I'm more sarcastic/cynical, more shy, more focused, more calm. But there are behaviours, feelings, and constant phantom limbs, especially with regards to the face, that speak more of 'shinoar' than 'human'.
2008-07-15 8:03
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I personally believe my experience in shifting is a result of my natural essence being a dragon at its core. I identified as being draconic before experiencing mental shifts and in-between I noticed my phantom appendages. Those are usually always there though felt to different extents depending on whatever.

As for Draconic and Dragon, I always felt that the term ‘draconic’ implied “of or relating to dragons” so I use it a lot as a descriptor when talking about dragons specifically, or something close enough.

Motley Wrote:Just thought of something...

Several people mentioned Haku from Spirited Away. Remember that he wasn't an actual flesh and blood dragon. He was a river spirit.

Mention him in what sense?

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-07-22 9:25
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

chaitea Wrote:
Motley Wrote:Just thought of something...

Mention him in what sense?

That was in the media thread. Several people mentioned him as one of their favorite dragons. I thought it might help to explain how someone could regularly take a draconic form without a flesh and blood dragon incarnation.

2008-07-22 17:04
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I liked the concept of what happens to a spirit that loses the physical thing it is the spirit of more then Haku as a dragon. Getting one’s butt whooped by paper dolls is just embarrassing.

To your point though, makes sense as a clarification. Thanks.

2008-07-23 8:39
Find
Give Thanks
Granamyr
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Not all dragons are flesh and blood is my answer to the Haku question. Their spiritual form IS that of a dragon.

After some serious reflection, I have decided that I am not a dragon proper. I do take on various animal forms and a dragon-like form is my most common shift but...currently I have no reason to believe I'm Otherkin. Which is ok of course but I have to be honest.
2008-07-25 1:15
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Got to love self discovery.
I hope you continue to be a presence here as you continue to evaluate how you view certain aspects about yourself. Otherkin or not, your fun to have around and your contributions are always appreciated.

As for flesh and blood dragons, I still question whether I had actually experienced a life as a dragon and am a human now thanks to reincarnation, or whether my soul is just in essence draconic without having ever experienced a life as one. But then, so long s I’m questioning my kinship I might as well stop now before I fill up this entire thread with uncertainties.

2008-07-25 8:16
Find
Give Thanks