Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this sound familiar to anyone ?
Shadowman82
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Does this sound familiar to anyone ?
So last night I was kind of Astral Projecting and I was in something of a Gargoyle shape , I've been in that shape before on the Astral plane . It's kind of man but also thing with wings that can fly .

But what I wanted to know is if the place I was at sounds familiar to anyone here . It's best described as a vast cavern and somewhere within this cavern is a big sphere black in colour that I think contains some sort of energy and I flew right towards it and not sure if I absorbed some of the energy or what happend but I was back in my room after that .
2010-02-18 8:11
Find
Give Thanks
Jareth
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Re: Does this sound familiar to anyone ?
"Cavern" could refer to any cave or cavern within the real world. "Big black sphere" makes me think of Gantz from Gantz.

You are not special.
2010-02-20 8:21
Find
Give Thanks
Shadowman82
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

The cavern could indeed be a real place for all I know but the black sphere definetly was not . Now as for Gantz I'd looked it up , some kind of Manga animation thing . But never having seen it there is no way I could be influenced by it .
2010-02-20 9:11
Find
Give Thanks
thetwins
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Shadowman82 Wrote:The cavern could indeed be a real place for all I know but the black sphere definetly was not . Now as for Gantz I'd looked it up , some kind of Manga animation thing . But never having seen it there is no way I could be influenced by it .

If you want people to be able to tell you if they recognize a place you might just want to describe it a bit better than, it is a large cavern that may or may not exist. And that there is a large black orb in it that does not have a direct physical manifestation. While leaving some details out for confimation that they are describing the same place is probably a good idea, that typically does not mean leaving out all distinguishing characteristics of a place.

As for the Gantz it is entirely possible that you have seen it, been influenced by it and simple don't remember. If you saw the image in a trailer before something else you saw and the image got filed away while you forgot you saw the trailer or image with it in it. You may very well not be knowingly influenced by it, but unless you have photographic memory there is no way to prove if you were or were not otherwise influenced by it.

Jack

[Image: thetwinsbanner.png]
2010-02-21 5:51
Find
Give Thanks
Shadowman82
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I wasn't overly concerned with what exactly the cavern looked like , it was fairly vast and had jagged rock portusions come out the ceiling and I do remember flying with my wings in that cave , not sure why , maybe it's big enough that walking would take too long or maybe it can't be walked in .

I do have a very good memory and I can assure you I have not seen Gantz or any trailer for it . If I may ask if a black orb appears in that show what's the significants of it ?
2010-02-21 8:48
Find
Give Thanks
Shadowman82
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I've just looked at some images of what a black hole would look like up close and that tend to look fairly close to my sphere though I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I would want to travel through a black hole .

Perhaps I should also mention the dream I had just before this Astral projection episode or at least I think it was a dream . I was somewhere in what I think was a desert region . There were others around , probably people , they spoke but I couldn't understand them . I was walking on some kind of a wooden raised boardwalk and by my pace I'd say I was in no mind to idle and it seemed as if I had a goal in mind . Here I was still in human shape , I looked and was dressed pretty much the same way I would usually be ( Goth based attire ) . I know I was carrying some kind of staff and on top it had some kind of symbol but I can't remember what that symbol would have been . Then came flashes of some half human half animal beings , they reminded me of some of the ones from Egyptian Mythology . They didn't really do anything to stop me or talk with me . After that I was descending under ground in a fairly primitive kind of elevator , perhaps it had no motor but was kind of rope based . When that ended a few minutes later I had the episode of the cavern and the black sphere .
2010-02-21 9:01
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

You're taking the black hole too seriously, in my opinion. A black manifestation can mean many things, but it can also mean that what is there is not *meant* to be seen. That black manifestation could very well be what you're looking for at the end of your journey, but it's not quite time for you to realize what it is, yet.

As for your first dream, the most important thing I can bring up is that the people who were speaking spoke in a language you did not recognize, meaning you were most likely a foreigner there. This indicates that you had not been there long and that, as you said, you were most likely on a journey (searching for something, by the sounds of it). This *could* be literal, although I personally doubt it, as it sounds more symbolic than anything.

~~~
2010-02-21 16:05
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Rain Wrote:You're taking the black hole too seriously, in my opinion. A black manifestation can mean many things, but it can also mean that what is there is not *meant* to be seen. That black manifestation could very well be what you're looking for at the end of your journey, but it's not quite time for you to realize what it is, yet.

Good point. In our experience, also, what we "see" is sometimes heavily influenced by personal symbols. Some things don't have a form that can be comprehended by the human senses, others don't want to be seen as they are, and then, also, there's the possibility that it's something you can't or won't understand because you're not spiritually or psychologically ready to do so.

I agree with Jack that a lot more information is needed before anyone here could say if we (in the general sense) have been there or not. Your feelings and interpretations, as vague as they may be, could also be helpful in identifying a place that others have seen differently.

As far as Gantz goes, let's forget about the specific source for a moment. In general, memories are very unreliable. Something from the media, a discussion, or a totally unrelated memory might get twisted into a hidden form in the back of a person's mind or melded with other things to become a false memory - even if conscious exposure to it has been completely forgotten. It's something to keep in mind but if what you saw was simply symbolic, it still has a message for you. Personal interpretations reflect back on the person who has them, which is why understanding your personal symbol set is so important.

-Val

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2010-02-21 23:40
Find
Give Thanks
Shadowman82
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Rain Wrote:You're taking the black hole too seriously, in my opinion. A black manifestation can mean many things, but it can also mean that what is there is not *meant* to be seen. That black manifestation could very well be what you're looking for at the end of your journey, but it's not quite time for you to realize what it is, yet.

As for your first dream, the most important thing I can bring up is that the people who were speaking spoke in a language you did not recognize, meaning you were most likely a foreigner there. This indicates that you had not been there long and that, as you said, you were most likely on a journey (searching for something, by the sounds of it). This *could* be literal, although I personally doubt it, as it sounds more symbolic than anything.

You could be right about that . the black could symbolize something I'm looking for but am not yet able to see/have . I do have a slight suspicion on that . I believe that in the past , a past life or in my natural form if I'm not human I held some power but I think I might have been a tad naughty and therefor can't have them at this time . Not really memories I'm basing this on , just feelings . Maybe I'm trying to get what I had back and the black orb symbolizes that .
2010-02-22 7:51
Find
Give Thanks
Jareth
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Just for clarification, I brought up gory anime/manga that you won't just see on Cartoon Network or your average bookshop to make a point about the vague description you provided. I was showing you that anything - even preposterous fiction - can be produced from something as ambiguous as "black sphere."

Oh, and because you asked about Gantz: When people die, he clones them and brings their live clones to a room in Tokyo. He then plays an exercise song, calls them bastards and tells them to kill aliens that reside in between this dimension and the dimension of the dead. He's just a big black ball that clones people and kills people. When he opens up, it looks like there's a person inside him, hooked up to oxygen, but that person never appears to move or breathe and some characters speculate that the person is a 'trick'. I highly recommend it - it's excellent reading/viewing.

You are not special.
2010-02-27 6:06
Find
Give Thanks