Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the color of your scales have meaning?
Asherah
Super Moderator
Kintype: Unicorn, Datura stramonium
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Does the color of your scales have meaning?
As someone who has had an intense interest in dragons over the years, and has an extremely strong connection with them without actually being one, i've always wondered- does the color of your scales influence anything about you?

For example, in a lot of fiction, a red dragon would be a "fire" dragon, a green dragon would be an "earth" Dragon, and so forth. Is there a correlation for you?

multiple system of 20±.
we are hyakkimaru, dib, gutts, jeremy, seraph, hoxton, and more.

[Image: QnHghY0m.png]
2021-05-01 17:20
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
Member is Online
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian
Contribution: tick 

RE: Does the color of your scales have meaning?
I'm an albino dragon. Not many stereotypes or coloration meanings come to my specific scale type, though many exist for white dragons. In appearance one might mistake me for a "white" dragon, but I truly am not. Albinism is a lack of pigment that creates color, so really I am colorless.

I do think there is meaning in my scales appearance, that reflect the cosmos surrounding all of us. They reflect, shimmer, and sheen with fiery mirroring of the universe. A cosmic opal, that absorbs and gives back the energy in an eternal mutual relation to all. My element is aether.

[Image: image08.jpg?v=bf03c199]
Astral Dragon and Cybertronian Seeker
2021-05-01 23:00
Find
Give Thanks
Arethinn
Grump
Kintype: Sidhe/Fae, Dragon
Contribution:

No, not that I'm aware of, and sort of. Let me elaborate:

Dragon 1: Black and green shades, as far as I know just camouflage in our forest environment. This dragon was of lower intelligence, so did not have a complex society or concepts like "elements" or possibly even language as we know it.

Dragon 2: (actually hide, not scales, or if they were scales then they were very fine) Silver; others of the same species were metallic pale yellowish green and metallic pale orange. I don't have any specific memories of this having societal meaning (even as much as hair color does to humans, much less any specific conceptual associations or societal roles), but it is probably more accurate to say "I don't know" than "No".

Dragon 3: Nonphysical (although capable of "condensing" into a physical state). Colored like space and stars because that's what they are "of". So this one yes, the coloration does mean something about the dragon.

Formerly known as Eshari.
arethinn @ tumblr and Dreamwidth | shyfoxling @ DeviantArt
2021-05-03 20:34
Find
Give Thanks
DragonForesterLeaf
New
Kintype: Green forest dragon
Contribution: new

YES! mine are green, the color of nature and my dragon goddes Tiamat. + eye color of water my element.
2021-07-10 17:00
Find
Give Thanks