Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dizzy Miniar...
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Dizzy Miniar...
Since none of the "ask... " ppls offers answers to health issues (and I'm not picky on who answers) I figured I'd put this here..

Okay. Two days ago I had my bloodpressure taken.. if I recall correctly, the numbers spoken were 130 and 80, I think in that order.. but I can't be 100% sure.
Doctor stated that it was "normal".

I have fibromyalgia symptoms; Mostly constant pain along the whole of my spine, shoulders, fingers and toes and non-constant pain in knees, wrists, ankles and elbows.
My sleep is fubar. I wake up at a minimum twice an hour and I do not get any real rest out of my sleep.
I am constantly exhausted.

Today I'm at work.
I got down on my knees to tend to the bottom shelf and then I got up to move a little to the left, knelt down again and then got up again to move back to where I started but I got so dizzy I had no balance left, I had to sit down and force deep breaths for a little while since I was also rather nauseous.
In other words, I got EXTREMELY dizzy.

I've also been experiencing chest pains for the last couple of days. It's located in the dead center of my chest and so I doubt it's any heart condition, but it seems relevant.

I'm not one to complain and quite frankly, I don't trust my personal physician to take me seriously should I come to him with my symptoms and ask for help. It's not all his fault, but it wears me out... pretty badly..

So here's my question.

What other than low bloodpressure can cause that sort of dizzyness?

Any other thoughts pertaining to the whole host of symptoms I have are good to have too.

*EDIT*
When closing up shop I had to bring in two pots of flowers in from the outside, they were on pedistals so I didn't have to bend down far to pick 'em up, but I still had to take a moment between them because I was.. again.. struck extremely dizzy.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2009-08-22 13:49
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Dizzy Miniar...
The first thing that comes to mind is that you got up quickly repeatedly. That will cause dizziness that can be extreme. But I'm in no way a health professional, so that's just a hypothesis.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2009-08-22 14:06
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Dizzyness in general can be caused by:

1 - Something neurological
2 - A problem with your inner ear
3 - Low blood pressure (the whole "standing up quickly" thing)

Is your balance back to normal now, or is it still bad? If it's still bad, then try this little experiment for me: stand in front of a chair or bed or something that will break your fall, straight, with your arms at your sides. Then close your eyes. See if you are able to stay standing up, or if your eyes being closed makes you sway/fall over.

Regarding chest pains - is the pain constant, or intermittent? If intermittent, is it made worse by exercising, deep breathing, eating, or anything in particular? Do you have any problems swallowing food?

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-08-23 1:30
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

As said before, stooping and then standing repeatedly can make one extremely dizzy. Even if resting your blood pressure is normal, you body could just be slow at adjusting bp when you stand or squat, which would eventually make you dizzy.

I'd also ask about the chest pain, does it feel like it's in the sternum at the front of the chest or in the chest itself. I'm not sure what either would mean, but it may also be different things.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2009-08-23 9:56
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I am experiencing similar things and also have a similarly incompetent/unsympathetic physician. However, a few weeks ago, I took a major turn for the worse. I will relate:

Last August/September (can't recall the date) I was taking a nap on the rug in the living room, in a large patch of sunlight flooding from a glass window. I laid there about 30-40 minutes before deciding to get up. I got to my knees, and suddenly my vision went orange, then dark, though I could still vaguely see. I did not lose consciousness but I became dizzy, nauseous and my body began to jerk violently against my will. I had a seizure that lasted no more than 20 seconds. I fully recovered after 10 minutes.
When I discussed it with my doctor, he told me I had extremely low blood pressure and that the seizure was caused by my muscles trying to force my blood into motion. He assured me that this would never happen again as long as I stayed hydrated.

On July 21st, 2009, I had another seizure. However, this time I did lose consciousness and I recall vividly experiencing a very unimportant memory. My friend who was present caught me and called my name but I did not respond. My body continued to jerk violently for 30-60 seconds. I suddenly realized I was on the ground and that my name was being called and opened my eyes. I was unable to stand or move my legs (they continued to spasm) for almost two hours.

I often get dizzy from moving quickly or standing up, and I also experience chest pain ranging from just above my sternum down to solar plexus after strenuous exercise, and occasionally for no apparent reason.

My doctor is trying with much difficultly to schedule an appointment with a neurologist, but remains convinced that this is caused by low blood pressure.

Edit: I do not have epilepsy or any known neurological condition.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2009-08-24 0:36
Find
Give Thanks
thetwins
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

one quick question which may or may not mean much at all, but when you say you were dizzy - did it feel like you were swaying or like the world was swaying?

Pavl

[Image: thetwinsbanner.png]
2009-08-24 6:00
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Malakoi, if you haven't seen a neurologist how in the world do you know you don't have epilepsy or another neurological condition?

A seizure is a medical emergency, especially an undiagnosed one. If it happens again, go to accident & emergency/casualty/the ER (or whatever they call it where you are).

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2009-08-24 17:56
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:Dizzyness in general can be caused by:

1 - Something neurological
2 - A problem with your inner ear
3 - Low blood pressure (the whole "standing up quickly" thing)

Is your balance back to normal now, or is it still bad? If it's still bad, then try this little experiment for me: stand in front of a chair or bed or something that will break your fall, straight, with your arms at your sides. Then close your eyes. See if you are able to stay standing up, or if your eyes being closed makes you sway/fall over.

Regarding chest pains - is the pain constant, or intermittent? If intermittent, is it made worse by exercising, deep breathing, eating, or anything in particular? Do you have any problems swallowing food?

My sense of balance hasn't been "good" in a long time. In fact, it's been "so so" at best for a while.
I can't tell you for how long with any certainty, but as far as I can remember, I believe it started to go down hill when I was pregnant and just never bounced back after that.

I did the interesting little experiment. I'm able to stay standing up but I expect to be falling over. I feel like I'm tilting backwards and to the right and I "know" I'm not, so my body tenses up and I just concentrate on keeping my feet on the floor.

The pain is not entirely constant, it comes and goes a bit, but very slowly.
It's been much lower in the past two days than when I wrote the initial post.
If I rank my pain from 0 = none, to 10 = kidneystones/childbirth, it was at around 5 before, and has been at around 1-3 since.
I've felt chestpain on and off since in my teens but it's usually been a little more to the left and felt like it's in the ribs, this time it feels like it's in and/or a little bit behind the sternum.
It doesn't pulsate, it doesn't shift around or "move" when I move, it just.. "is".. like a constant, when it's there.

I don't know if any food makes it worse, I haven't noticed any corrolation, but any exercise of any kind does make it a lot worse.
I have no problem swallowing food really.

And when I feel dizzy I don't really feel like anything's swaying, I feel like I'm disconnected from my body and the world, like I have lost the ability to control it properly. Like I'm falling inside myself.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2009-08-24 23:47
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:Malakoi, if you haven't seen a neurologist how in the world do you know you don't have epilepsy or another neurological condition?

A seizure is a medical emergency, especially an undiagnosed one. If it happens again, go to accident & emergency/casualty/the ER (or whatever they call it where you are).

I know I don't have epilepsy for sure because my eye doctor would have detected it, and I have been checked out by a neurologist, though it was two years ago, and he found no abnormalities (I wanted to know that my phantom limbs were not part of neurological condition). I am wondering how on earth I'm actually going to get in to the neurologist again.

As for the ER, that's not really an option because I don't have medical insurance and my family is already in severe debt due to hospital bills.

Miniar, I am not sure if we are experiencing a similar phenomenon, but what you said reminded me of my own experience. I apologize for making this about myself. =/

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2009-08-25 4:07
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

An eye doctor can't rule out epilepsy. At the very least you need an EEG.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2009-08-25 13:15
Find
Give Thanks