Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discernment
Sariel
Minister, Scholar, Historian, Teacher.
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Discernment
Discerning spiritual realms and free spirits (those within the physical realm) is an interesting ability, sometimes even a little hindering. I for one have the ability, and while I was in high school it became a real problem.
I was learning more about my other, and while doing so my powers, not just this one, grew, or matured.
It became difficult to go to school, because I felt spiritual things around people, saw auras, and felt the presence of hovering malicious spirits. This was not a normal thing at the time to me, and so coping with it proved difficult.

Now I can look at a house, and feel its history. I can see a picture and "feel" the spirituality of the people photographed. I can do the same with people now that I have focused the ability.
Because of this I can usually tell when I'm being told the truth or not.
At first it was all overwhelming, but it soon became second nature.
(My abilities now work in complete unison, although at one time they conflicted.)

At first I felt:

-Sick (The overwhelming spiritual static was sickening.)
-Frustrated (The ability conflicted with my life and other abilities.)
-Nervous (I could feel the other spirits within the bodies. What wrong they had done, or done to them.)
-Alone (I didn't really know who I was, and questioned why I had the gift.)
-Crazy (Yeah, you would too.)

But I soon came to terms with it, and learned to control it, like a heightened psychic awareness, which I believe is common for my kind.
In fact, it was by the prodding of my other, through the discernment, that I came to realize True Self, and thus this community.

If anyone is struggling with something similar, feel free to comment or ask questions.

"Give to me a moment, and I will offer you eternity."- Sariel
2009-08-14 17:58
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Discernment
In a way. What sort of discussion do you have in mind?

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2009-12-01 8:43
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I suppose I've had a form of this since I was very young, though mostly minor. So I never had to "get used to it" suddenly, but I'm surprised I'm not insane.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2009-12-03 8:03
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Specifically, are you looking for others who've experienced this? Tips on how to control it? Not sure what kind of response you're looking for outside of

"COOL STORY, BRO."

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2009-12-04 0:59
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

'Discernment" is a spiritual gift mentioned by the Apostle Paul. I wish it would have been spoken about in more detail but perhaps that would have just led to silliness. I.E. perhaps people who receive it don't need it explained after that.

in this paradigm, such spiritual gifts can be requested. I requested the above, but when i looked back, it's possible my request was moot because I already had it. I'm just not sure. Because it's not explained, I don't know what to expect. All I can report is that I get tipped off somehow that there is a presence of what i would call a "demon spirit."

There is also the trouble of cleaning up one's own life in order to come closer to God and thus strengthen these things. Though I am a believer, I am not an avid church goer, I feel myself to be too lax. That may hinder me. I'm almost sure it does.

Life is full of personal struggles.
2010-07-02 20:12
Find
Give Thanks