Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demonkin age slower ?
Shadowman82
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Demonkin age slower ?
I was wondering if anyone here is experiencing something similar . I'm a male currently 33 years old . It's not unusual that when I try to buy a lottery ticket that I get asked for ID . Thing is you only have to be 18 to buy a lottery ticket . Now my brother who is just a few years older than me is showing quite a few signs of ageing . His hair is thinning allot and he has gained quite a bit of weight . Obviously some of that is lifestyle but I do have to wonder sometimes .

I'm not suggesting that demonkin or other kin types don't age at all . I do look a bit older than when I was let's say in my early 20s . I just wonder if kin might age slower .
2015-08-14 21:05
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Demonkin age slower ?
Some people look younger than they are just like some look older. Otherkin are all physically human and identity does not alter that fact. One of my friends is 6 years older than I am and she always gets carded for alcohol and I don't. She's plain old vanilla human (so to speak). So no, being otherkin has nothing to do with looking one's age or not.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2015-08-14 21:29
Find
Give Thanks
Chordal
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

For what it's worth, I and my close relatives all appear younger than we are, but I don't think it has to do with being demonkin (as far as I know, I'm the only one).
2015-08-15 2:02
Find
Give Thanks
Shadowman82
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I guess just genetics and lifestyle then .
2015-08-15 21:03
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

While it's something I've never considered, it may have some merit for me. Obviously, I'm physically human, but being 33 years old I could easily pass for mid-20's. Or maybe even younger given the right clothes. I'd just always attributed it to good genetics though as my mom also looks a lot younger than she actually is.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2015-08-17 13:08
Find
Give Thanks
Hazel Moon
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I'm not demonkin, but I'm here to add my two cents anyway.

It's funny that you should mention this, because I'm 31 and yet I've had atleast three people mistake me for a teenager. My sister, who is otherkin and is seven years younger than me, looks younger than most teenagers I've seen.

I don't know why this is or how it could possibly be related to being therian/otherkin. I'm still physically human, and I don't believe being therian/otherkin effects your DNA or genetics in some way.

I take it as a compliment, though, when people tell me they think I'm still in high school. My favorite time was when one of my neighbors stopped me and asked me how long I've lived here while I was out on a walk one day. I said I've lived here for about ten years, but only recently started going for walks. He acted like it was understandable that I only recently started going for walks and said, "Oh, of course you wouldn't be out walking by yourself then. You were probably just a little thing then, weren't you? Like about maybe eight or nine years old."
2015-08-27 18:40
Find
Give Thanks
Shadowman82
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Just this week again I was buying lottery tickets and the clerk wanted to see ID . You have to be 18 to buy them . I'm 33 , turning 34 in two months . lol
2015-12-26 18:34
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

33 as well mate and while I currently get presumed to be younger than I am, I used to get read as older, meaning that I was the one to get smokes and alcohol for my friend group even if I was the youngest one in it because I never got carded.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2016-01-11 6:37
Find
Give Thanks
Syraphin Faelad
Good Boi
Kintype: Mixed
Contribution: new

RE: Demonkin age slower ?
This has been the complete opposite for me. Even early teens I was mistaken for a much older woman. I've found that it really vairies on what I wear (socal norm assumptions I'm guessing) that decides if i get age checked or not. For some reason if my hair Is down I'm more likly to be checked. Shrugs.

So more likly just a human socal thing rather than kin related
2021-04-22 13:30
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

RE: Demonkin age slower ?
(2021-04-22 13:30)Syraphin Faelad Wrote:  This has been the complete opposite for me. Even early teens I was mistaken for a much older woman. I've found that it really vairies on what I wear (socal norm assumptions I'm guessing) that decides if i get age checked or not. For some reason if my hair Is down I'm more likly to be checked. Shrugs.

So more likly just a human socal thing rather than kin related

While I'm not a demon, I have always been mistaken as someone young. I've been told I simply look young and that when I'm older, will really enjoy that. Tongue Personally, I just want to look my actual age.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-04-23 15:13
Find
Give Thanks