Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demon Origins
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Demon Origins
I've always had my own tune I toot about the origins of Demons, and it results from a very Angelic perspective. I have always wondered what's on the Demon perspective of things. Demons vary so greatly it's hard to have any real history from what I've seen (except those fluffy boards where you have the Demon Lords of the ninth pit and the half-dragon son of Belial who is in the command of Demon Legions in outer space with their massive battleships or some such).

Where did it all start, what's your memories, what's your idea? Based on readings, theory, logic or personal experience, what do you guys think?

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-05-20 2:34
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Demon Origins
my post, copied from another forum:

Quote:it's hard to describe in human words. the place i remember is a whole plane, an universe, where only one thing exists: energy. all this energy is semi-conscious. but it is moving, changing, compressing and thinning... it's what you would call chaotic conditions. and still, there is no separation of any sort, it's all one... except for the following...

what comes now is only a metaphor, for a lack of appropriate terms.
once in a while, a maelstrom emerges within this place, which in most cases dissolves after a while. sometimes, however, it becomes dense and ends up in a new being. this being needs some time to gain consciousness and to realize it even exists. then it starts wandering around... since there isn't much to discover on this plane, it soon starts wandering the other planes, gaining knowledge and eventually developing a personality - if it doesn't dissolve and nobody absorbs it while it is still weak...

the energy inside the chaos realm is highly unstable, i.e. it's very easy to control. you think of something, it's there. which can be dangerous for visitors because if they think of fire and believe it can burn them, it'll hurt a lot. the resident demons can also alter the visitor's surroundings in order to drain his/her energy.

this doesn't apply to all demons though, some are formed, some develop into demons (angels), and i guess there are many more ways i cannot think of right now.

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2008-05-20 3:32
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Demon is somewhat of a blanket term that which applies to a lot of different beings who share little else than the connection to the term "demon" each for it's own reasons so there's really no one answer to this question.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-05-21 15:43
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Freetha Wrote:Demon is somewhat of a blanket term that which applies to a lot of different beings who share little else than the connection to the term "demon" each for it's own reasons so there's really no one answer to this question.

Terro Wrote:Where did it all start, what's your memories, what's your idea? Based on readings, theory, logic or personal experience, what do you guys think?

That's exactly why he said personal experience, I believe.

For me, my answer's a lot like Kahoku's, except that I don't like using the term "chaos realm" anymore. Because, frankly, to me it sounds cheesy. And I've been trying to steer away from using cheesy terms when relating to my kinship and whatnot.

But, besides that term, I really don't have another term for it, so Hoku's term is the best. XD

Personally, I feel I have a connection with chaos. Chaos not being the mathematical term, but a mix of the "spontaneous change" and "primal void" terms. A little of column A, a little of column B. When I(as a demon) was created, it was spontaneous, without provocation, and unpredicted. I, by chance, managed to pull together enough energy to become a coherent little demon. I am made from the stuff of Chaos, therefore I feel a connection to other demons like me, but it's not a "omg I'd die for you" connection, rather, more along the lines of the connection that all humans have by being human, for instance.

(For instance, and I've made myself a hypocrite(yet again) for saying this, but violent death: you can watch it all you like and not flinch. I'm very doubtful, however, that if you saw a man shot in front of your eyes you would be able to shut it out completely, or laugh. You're connected by being human, in a strange miniscule way, and seeing other humans die is discomforting when you know it's real. That kind of connection, would be the same kind of connection I feel toward other demons of my kind by being a demon.)

And, ultimately, I feel the "we are all one" kind of thing, in the sense that Chaos is a unified force(kinda) and I'm part of something bigger. But I'm completely autonomous nonetheless and it's not like I can pop into the mind of a demon on the other side of the universe, or even sitting next to me.

In a weird form of semi-conclusion, I was created by chance, and I'd probably cease to exist the same way.

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2008-05-22 2:12
Find
Give Thanks
Starwind
Nightmare fuel station attendant
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I never really did much hanging out on the demon (or angelic) boards, but from what I'm getting, certain ideas of heaven/hell are not required for demons? So I can not believe in any sort of Christian type hell, but I can still believe in *you* just fine, then?

"I" often refers to unusually large values of 1...
[Image: sort-python3.gif]
2008-06-27 22:55
Find
Give Thanks
Spanky
Currently job-hunting
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Starwind Wrote:I never really did much hanging out on the demon (or angelic) boards, but from what I'm getting, certain ideas of heaven/hell are not required for demons? So I can not believe in any sort of Christian type hell, but I can still believe in *you* just fine, then?

Correct.
2008-08-06 19:01
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I personally view the Christian Hell as an actual location, just completely different in purpose from what a lot of them claim.

I believe that at the time of the Morning Star's Fall, the area surrounding the Angelic Silver City was raw and untamed energy. The area of the Silver City was created by bringing order to those energies. I believe that the Fall of the Morning Star uncalmed the "waters" enough that the energy started forming of it's own accord, and many of those forms are what we know as Demons.

On the front of Hell, I believe that Morning Star's grief, anger and feelings of betrayal were so powerful and his will so strong that he formed Hell (a personification of his feelings, burning rage, cold and alone feelings of being betrayed or unwanted and unappreciated) from the area. In other words, it exists, I believe he's there a lot, but it's not the punishment for kids who don't say the rosary when they grow old and die.

-The Unit
2008-08-10 18:41
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Hmmm...as a Christian myself. I don't believe hell is a literal place.

I believe it is an eternalized state. The state of existing in the rejection of God, the source of all things positive, eternalized.

That being said, the origin question, as i define the word 'demon" is an interesting one to me.

I have my beliefs concerning what happened..but my question is always...why?? I can't figure it out.
2008-08-10 22:03
Find
Give Thanks
Spanky
Currently job-hunting
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Why what?
2008-08-11 15:33
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I believe the question of why is pertaining to "why was there the Fall" or largely why it happened. that would be getting a bit off topic:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.otherkinphenomena.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=277">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=277</a><!-- l -->

That thread would be more appropriate to discuss such

-The Unit
2008-08-11 21:30
Find
Give Thanks