Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Entities and Deities
Asherah
Super Moderator
Kintype: Unicorn, Datura stramonium
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Death Entities and Deities
We have been practicing witchcraft and paganism since 2011, and have been steadily researching all different faiths and paths since. As we've learned more about ourselves and our practice, we've realized that we very closely resonate with entities, and deities, that are associated with death.

We ended up moving to the southwestern united states sometime in 2013, particularly a heavily Mexican Catholic area- and became exposed to Santa Muerte through the local culture. She called out to us instantly, especially given that we are a social pariah, transgender/gay/intersex, etc. Once we found her, she wrapped herself around us like a protective mother, and we haven't felt safer since.

We are curious to learn about other death-related entities, as it seems like it is our domain. We feel at peace in cemeteries and graveyards, and as a collective of people who are very disabled, we often describe our status as a "reanimated corpse".

Does anyone else work with these types of entities? We're curious to hear about your experiences. ^ ^

multiple system of 20±.
we are hyakkimaru, dib, gutts, jeremy, seraph, hoxton, and more.

[Image: QnHghY0m.png]
2021-04-24 17:34
Find
Give Thanks
Tdae
New
Kintype: ghost wolf
Otherkin: No

RE: Death Entities and Deities
Yeah. I always had an affinity for the death side too. I love the cemetery. I wanted to be an embalmer but I didn't follow up on the idea. There is a wolf in my psyche known as "ghost wolf" or "southern Rocky Mountain wolf." Before I came to therian/otherkin community, I was participating in the DID support community. The wolf was known as, "wolf corpse and the howlers," perceived to be a subsystem led by a rotting corpse. He made me feel emotionally and physically ill when he was near the front. The howlers were little children no older than 4. It's better now but I still don't feel so good. Anhedonia. I'm sorry I'm tired and don't feel like saying any more right now.
2021-04-30 7:16
Find
Give Thanks
Syraphin Faelad
Good Boi
Kintype: Mixed

I've always had a fascination with morbid things. Collecting bones and enjoying horror stories.
Though I havent spent much time in them because I feel very uncomfortable around churches; graveyards are peacefull places for me.

Our partner is lich or undead and sometimes has the smell of death on him which I dont find unpleasant. I try to help him with his lich side and the dead spirits he attracts. Trying to find them peace.
Syra
2021-04-30 9:50
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I've worked with Hekate for a few years now and she's often considered a chthonic deity related to the underworld and death. However, at least in my experiences, she has been more of a guardian and guide for me than directly associated with the dead.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-05-04 0:18
Find
Give Thanks