Connection to Dragons, but not Kin?
It's been interesting reading posts from people who are dragonkin.
I definitely have a connection to dragons of all types, but particularly Asian dragons.
* They're one of my favorite things to draw
* Everybody in middle school associated dragons with me
* I have this silver ring that looks like an Asian dragon & I've been wearing it almost 24/7 since I got it (& it's with me at all times), it's a source of comfort somehow
* When I want to claim something as "mine", my first thought is always to draw a dragon on it (I've also considered getting a tattoo of a dragon to make my body feel more like "mine")
But the interesting thing is I don't really think I'm dragonkin?
* I don't have any memories, dreams, visions, shifts, etc for this kintype
* If I try to imagine myself as being really big or having scales, it doesn't seem right
Now that I type all this out, I do sometimes "see" myself with horns. Not "see" with my eyes though. I feel a little better with them. But I hadn't ever thought to attribute this to dragons (or to anything other than my imagination).
Anyone have any thoughts?
(If anyone's curious what my PFP is, I had a dream I saw mother nature once & she looked like this.)