Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comfort Zones
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Comfort Zones
So, at what size, shape, color, etc, do you feel most comfortable?

Are you constantly changing or do you retain a "normal" form you revert back into?

Do you prefer your energy compact or not? Does one sort of color/texture/sound/vibe flow through you regularly, or are you a bunch of random?

Do you feel more comfortable around certain other energies?

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2008-09-29 23:24
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Comfort Zones
I prefer my energy a pretty violet, although it edges towards blue on occasion. Changes to my form are usually something that I will, and normally it all stays inside my physical body because that is more comfortable for me. Obviously, that means that I prefer a more compact energy.

Other energies that I feel comfortable with are dark areas, rain, and running energy (Best Buy makes me so comfy).

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-09-30 0:04
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I'm usually, more or less, the shame shape.
I am comfortable in most energetic circumstances.. I tend to "level out" the energy around me in a sense anyway so.. I'm always good at least after a while.
That and I'm what I'd call "naturally shielded".

I do love the chocolaty people.. (I precieve the "frequency" of people in scent/taste/texture/sound/abstract concept sort of way.... ) they're easy to feel cozy with.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-09-30 0:45
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I don't think about size much. Just whatever gets the job done, though I'm more likely to shift larger than smaller. My usual form is some variation on the human/hawk theme, but I enjoy shifting into other things to keep in practice. Shifting isn't just a matter of imagining different appendages, it's also a mental shift. Color depends, sometimes shiny blue, sometimes swirly black, sometimes unrelenting white yellow. Yes, those are all sky colors, blue sky, storm, and sun. I prefer not to be too compact. I like to spread out. I feel more comfortable around energies that flow. If they're too bottled up I start to feel a need to break the bottle.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-10-01 16:18
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I think that I have a "normal mode" and "stressed out mode". Normal mode is my usual highly incongruent energy body trying to stay as small and compact as possible so as to remain inside my physical body. My energy is normally dark, semi-fluid. Thick black mist is the image I use to describe it.
Stressed out mode is very different. My energy separates into "strings" that are all connected to a central point and they tend to strike out erratically. It becomes bright blue/white (sometimes red/pink?) and that state tends to make other people around me quite upset as well (even if I am, to my own observation, hiding my feelings very well).

I have kind of "learned to deal" with energy in most forms. I (think I) need to feed on ambient energy at all times so I'm not very choosy. I tend to like other dark, semi-fluid energies best, whether they feel hot or cold to me.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-10-01 16:44
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Oh, another thought, just because I'm in my body doesn't mean I'm 100% in my body. It means I'm centered in my body. If I tried to cram everything inside my actual skin I probably would feel stifled. My energy field, or aura, tends to spread out three or four feet in all directions outside my skin when I'm not thinking about it, in neutral mode. If I think about it, it goes farther. It might be smaller if I'm feeling sick or run down. It's like an extra sensory organ. I feel the energies of things that interact with my field, probably similar to how some people use energy tentacles. But unlike with tentacles there is no spearation between what I think of as mine and what is not. The energies inside my field feel like part of me whether they really are or not. It sort of biases me towards being a 'nice' person. It's not much fun to hurt other people when those painful energies are absorbed into the field. ...and yet, I was also made to be a warrior. Sounds a bit contradictory doesn't it? Oh well, I didn't design it.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-10-01 21:09
Find
Give Thanks