Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children in the system?
niku
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Children in the system?
What does everyone think of children or "littles" as a part of a multiple system? Are they simply kids in adult bodies? I just can't see a soul/spirit/whatever you may call it having an age, although I can understand feeling more like a certain age here in this world. Does anyone here have a child in their group?

- Keir
2008-02-16 4:33
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Children in the system?
If anyone's the child in my group, it's me. And for souls/minds, it's more of a thing of maturity than age.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-02-16 4:36
Find
Give Thanks
Shade
Still a Wal-mart slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I do not know about walk-ins, but it is common enough for people who have Dissassociative Identity Disorder (which is, multiple personalities, in a mundane sense). I think the most famous person (besides Sybil) was Chris Costner Seizmore. She had over ten personalities, some of which were children. Anyone seen the Three Faces of Eve? For your question, completely possible for a multiple personality case, but I'm not sure about walk-ins.

“To his friends a man shall always remain a friend,
And return gift for gift;
Laughter for laughter let him return
And falsehood for lies.”
–Hávamál
2008-02-17 15:18
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm a walk-in, formerly part of a system, and I consider myself to be an intellectual but undeveloped child in an adult body.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-02-17 21:33
Find
Give Thanks
momo
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Shade Wrote:I think the most famous person (besides Sybil) was Chris Costner Seizmore. She had over ten personalities, some of which were children. Anyone seen the Three Faces of Eve?

Ah, yeah, I was going to make a discussion topic about that. ^^

Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
[Image: momobanner2ok0.png]
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
2008-03-06 11:34
Find
Give Thanks
Shade
Still a Wal-mart slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:

momo Wrote:
Shade Wrote:I think the most famous person (besides Sybil) was Chris Costner Seizmore. She had over ten personalities, some of which were children. Anyone seen the Three Faces of Eve?

It would probably be a worthwhile discussion. I'm interested to see people's opinions on the difference between multiple-personalities and walk-ins, like how to realise the difference.

“To his friends a man shall always remain a friend,
And return gift for gift;
Laughter for laughter let him return
And falsehood for lies.”
–Hávamál
2008-03-06 17:32
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Shade Wrote:
momo Wrote:

It would probably be a worthwhile discussion. I'm interested to see people's opinions on the difference between multiple-personalities and walk-ins, like how to realise the difference.

I think that the main difference would be whether or not they have their own distinct memories from before they walked in.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-06 18:13
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

We've got two who consider themselves to be minors - one 10 and one 16. We don't understand it fully, I'll admit that. The seemingly best explanation so far is that it's tied in with self-image: Each of us has a distinct idea of what zie is like in body, even though we don't have our own bodies and most of them are nothing like the one we're in. For them, part of this self-image is age.

Robin, the 16-year-old, feels this is entirely sufficient to explain her perception of her age. We have never observed her to behave in a way representative of teenage cognitive capabilities rather than adult cognitive capabilities. Her age seems to be purely symbolic of the experiences that did the most to shape who she is now. If she hadn't gone to sleep after our high school years and suddenly woke up into a drastically changed reality, she would probably see herself as an adult of no specific age like the majority of us.

Beka, the 10-year-old, shows adult-level cognition in most situations, but our depression manifests in her as it would in a child. Those feelings go back to before we learned what depression is like in children, so we feel there's something more than symbolism here. But all we can say about it is that it mystifies us.

-S'aryn

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-08-03 6:42
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I was actually about to ask the questions that you just answered, S'aryn.

Regarding children in a system - I have always found this hard to understand, as one of the fundamental things IMO about being a child is that it is a temporary state. Given that your headmates who are children have (in at least some circumstances) adult level cognition, do you think it's a case of them deluding themselves, or essentially stating they are young when they subconsciously know they aren't? Or is that far too simplistic?

To an extent, could it be that the experience of being a child or teenager is in a comfort zone, so they inhabit it in order to have fewer responsibilities (including emotional responsibilities)?

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-08-03 7:38
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Archer Wrote:To an extent, could it be that the experience of being a child or teenager is in a comfort zone, so they inhabit it in order to have fewer responsibilities (including emotional responsibilities)?

You know, that's probably it in Beka's case. She either split from Robin or was pushed out by Robin (Robin says it's the latter) so that she didn't have to experience verbal and emotional abuse. Any doubt she might have about her self-worth or the meaningfulness of her life has probably been drowned in the same sea of "la la la I'm not listening" that she inhabited for most of our childhood.

Now that we've made serious progress in deprogramming the thoughts and behaviors that resulted from the abuse, Beka's suggested re-integrating with Robin and/or the others who split from Robin at later points. (That's still a hypothetical, though. The others haven't consented to it, we're not sure how to do it, and we don't know any trustworthy therapists who could help us do it.)

-S'aryn

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-08-03 8:55
Find
Give Thanks