Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you help me figure out? -- Celestial Purpose
Ava7
My secret :P
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Can you help me figure out? -- Celestial Purpose
Hi, Ava again, has been a while since I've posted; I've been more focused on my therianthropy and other things.

As has been the case for years, I still can't shake the feeling, the intuition that somehow I am spiritually linked to Bast and/or Sekhmet, and that part of my life's purpose is to DO something for them. And this is one of the few places I could write that and not have everyone think I'm a bit overdue for an appointment with my psychiatrist -laughs-.

The thing is, this sense, this intuition I have is strong - but vague.

Unlike many celestials and angelkin, I have absolutely no idea what in the world this purpose or this link to these goddesses could be. Of course this is further complicated by me being Christian; how can I feel this bond to Kemetic deities when I believe in one God?

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, guesses as to what the heck this bond could be, why it exists, what it is I'm supposed to do in this strange obligation I feel to them ( take care of stray cats? Volunteer at a shelter? )? Any ideas to help me find out these answers myself? I truly am confused by this!

Thank you!!
Ava ( Arabian Leopard Therian and possible Kemetic Celestial Otherkin )
2012-06-19 6:14
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Can you help me figure out? -- Celestial Purpose
Ava7 Wrote:Of course this is further complicated by me being Christian; how can I feel this bond to Kemetic deities when I believe in one God?

I'd say that just because you believe in one God at present, doesn't mean you were always Christian (as in in past lives) and doesn't mean that by default other sources of divinity stop existing. You might have to spend some serious contemplation time on just what you believe vs. what you feel and how you can reconcile the two. I know quite a few ChristoPagans...that is to say pagans who practice Christianity alongside their pagan beliefs and have found a way to make it work so reconciling Kemetic deities with your Christian beliefs is probably not as hard as you think, it's just getting over that belief hurdle that Christianity has X beliefs so you can't have others that seemingly "conflict".

Ava7 Wrote:Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, guesses as to what the heck this bond could be, why it exists, what it is I'm supposed to do in this strange obligation I feel to them ( take care of stray cats? Volunteer at a shelter? )? Any ideas to help me find out these answers myself? I truly am confused by this!

Well the obvious suggestion is that in a past life you were a celestial being who served Bast and Sekmet or some kind of cat bound to them for similar purposes. So in this life you still feel that past bond. When you (general you, not you specific) want to honor any deity, there are lots of ways to do so. You can perform rituals in their honor complete with symbolic sacrifice (like the Christian mass), you can leave little offerings of food/herbs/stones/whateverhasenergytoit, you can do something like help the deity's patron animal (like volunteering at a shelter or caring for strays). To find more answers, I'd recommend spending some serious meditation time on it and open yourself to the idea that there just might not be "one true god" but "many true deities," because if you're focused on one God, your mind might just be shutting the others out subconsciously which is why you haven't found answers yet. If you truly open yourself to Bast and Sekhmet and try to reach out to them, they might just start reaching back.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2012-06-19 13:17
Find
Give Thanks