Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can this be?
Angelbunny
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Can this be?
I will ask this here. Can you be angelic and be afflicked with Vampireism?

How would that be explained if at all possible? Dont debunk it totally I'd like to see theories on this possibilty not no it cant be possible at all.
Please.
And thank you.
2008-04-21 6:52
Find
Give Thanks
Feral
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Can this be?
This message says nothing.
2008-04-21 9:09
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I'll have to go along with Feral's answer, with a little addition towards confidence. Yeah, angels can definitely have vampiric traits, especially if they happen to be incarnated. As for the grain of salt, Feral has taken care of that pretty well. Have a jug of water.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-04-21 11:49
Find
Give Thanks
Qarael
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm of the opinion that anyone could be afflicted with vampirism, just as anyone could be diabetic or lactose intolerant. Some may just have traits for phases (I had a bout with it for a little while), others have a 'problem' for life.

Theories as to why it would happen on a temporary basis... any reason, really. Personally, my vampirism lasted through the hardest parts of my awakening, then resolved itself. Kind of like gestational diabetes. *chortle*

[Image: qbanner.jpg]
2008-04-21 16:42
Find
Give Thanks
zilchy
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Yes, in-fact, angelics are even more prone to vampirism than anyone else.

Reason being: Their energy systems aren't... designed (for lack of a better term) to be here, thus increasing the tendency for their energies to not function normally.

Another potential reason is that separation from "the source" or however you want to refer to God, Heaven, your Diety, etc.
The energy system draws off of said "source" in order to remain healthy, and separation from it results in a deficiency of one or more chakras, which most believe to be one of the causes of vampirism.
2008-04-21 18:22
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

interesting indeed.

I agree with the general consensus that yes, Angels can have Vampirism. Now my further question is what Vampirism effects, is it the soul itself and thus once a Vampire always a Vampire, or does it more effect the body so that an individual in this life may be a Vampire but might not be in the next life?

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-04-21 20:31
Find
Give Thanks
Angelbunny
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

And to question that and more so. Could it be to fully awakening that then there is this need? Or could it be a contact with another vampire that somehow awakened it within oneself that it might of already been there. and this close contact with a vampire has triggared it?
2008-04-21 20:36
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

That last question I can answer. I had energy problems before I awakened and even believed in the possibility of cross-species reincarnation. In those days, it marked itself as a consistant pain in my chest. So no, I don't think that vampirism (or any other kind of energy malfunction) is triggered.

And for Terro's question, I think that it is inherent in the soul, but also how the soul interacts with the environment and its body.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-04-21 21:03
Find
Give Thanks
Angelbunny
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

So I could of always had it and not know it? Then my awakening happened and my energies were lacking? Thing is I did not feel this untill I started messing with one. And I was awake at the time for a while before this. How would one go and explain this? All in mind? But I did not believe he was one really till I let him do what he does best...so to speak. Also a link was established too.
2008-04-22 6:19
Find
Give Thanks
Spanky
Currently job-hunting
Kintype:
Otherkin:

zilchy Wrote:Yes, in-fact, angelics are even more prone to vampirism than anyone else.

Reason being: Their energy systems aren't... designed (for lack of a better term) to be here, thus increasing the tendency for their energies to not function normally.

Another potential reason is that separation from "the source" or however you want to refer to God, Heaven, your Diety, etc.
The energy system draws off of said "source" in order to remain healthy, and separation from it results in a deficiency of one or more chakras, which most believe to be one of the causes of vampirism.

<<Archaia>>

I'll have to agree with this one. I personally dislike being here in a physical form; so it is fortunate then, that I am a part of a plural being. I normally hang back from physical reality, choosing to observe from a distance. When I speak to people, whether it's online or in person, I am normally only the 'dominant' personality for a short period of time. It's just uncomfortable to stay here. I've also figured out a way to 'puppet' my body, which is much more comfortable than actually controlling it. I basically put my body into a receptive state and send impulses of energy so that it behaves how I want it to. I'm still working out how to accurately control it (I probably look like I'm a rag doll being marionetted around), but this manner of control allows me to keep a distance from the physical world.

Only time I'm comfortable here is when the body is experiencing pain, or tragedy. There was a time period during which I was the sole, conscious personality in this body - that time period was marked by energies that remind me of my home. Dark, chaotic, unpredictable. I needed energies from different sources in order to function properly.
2008-05-08 20:32
Find
Give Thanks