Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bits and Pieces
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Bits and Pieces
When I was twelve, I discovered that my name was Wind Rider, except it wasn't really a name. It was a translation of what my species was called. In truth, I was only half joking when I put my kintype as 'intelligent shade of blue,' because that would be a fairly accurate description of them. They exist beyond time and space, so basically nothing really happens there. They don't have a purpose beyond simply existing, but their existence in itself is an important thing. If a human were to throw an analogy at it, a choir of celestial beings that sing a certain song that makes part of the universe exist might be close enough. Or if you're into string theory, it vibrates at a certain frequency that helps shape that part of the universe. They don't DO, they simply ARE. They don't normally have individual names because they're all the same. It's hard to tell where one being ends and another begins, and such a question would be trivial to them. As far as I know, there are other 'pools' like this that represent other energies.

When you take a drop of this energy and use it to power a construct, that's where the interesting stuff begins. Who makes the constructs and puts energies into them? I don't know. But whoever it was made the construct, not the original energies. Naturally if you want the construct to work well, the energy placed into it must be compatible, compatible enough that it may become hard to tell where the core leaves off and the construct begins. The core might even warp the construct as it goes. By joining with a construct, the core energy might experience the passage of time. But that's all theory....

I once wondered, if Wind Rider was my species, what was my name? I learned that the name was Heart of Peace. Well, that made little sense to me. I've known I was a warrior for a long time. That doesn't lend itself to peace very well. Hebrew names seemed popular among celestial types, so for the heck of it, I tried looking it up. I discovered shelem, not peace, as in lack of war, but peace offering, a sacrifice for the sake of peace. That sounded more like a warrior's job. I was told a story of being killed on the battlefield, my last thought being that of forgiveness of my enemies, who were also my brothers. That being didn't dissipate on death, it shattered, and who knows where all the pieces may have landed?

And then there's Horus. He puzzles me. Maybe he is a Wind Rider at his core. We do have several qualities in common, hawk, warrior, celestial, human, polymorph. I disagree with the king bit, but if you change the translation once again, from one who rules the land to one who serves the land, then my biggest disagreement is canceled. I'm still not certain of the relation, maybe he's a brother. If he is a 'Wind Rider,' then we certainly would be on that level.

And in this life, I find that certain energies are easier for me to work with than others. The most notable ones are related to the sky. The sun on one hand and the storm on the other. They seem to be harmonics of my original energy. My purpose? Well this time around it seems to be geared towards themes of transformation.

And that sort of wraps it up for now. Naturally, I'm still exploring and working with the various ideas.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-07-24 21:19
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Bits and Pieces
A few questions:

1) How did you discover the above?
2) You refer to yourself and your species as having names. Where do these names come from? Are they your attempt to verbalise them, are they what other beings called them, are they used by your species as names when appearing to fleshier types?
3) How do you think you came to be incarnated on Earth?

And a comment:

4) Hebrew names are indeed popular with the energetic types. My "astral family" all go by Hebrew names when they want to communicate with me verbally.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-07-25 23:59
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

1) How did you discover the above?

Which part? The name popped into my head when I was idly thinking about names. It felt perfectly right at the time, and it stuck with me over the years, holding up to the test of time. Finding the name was the beginning of my otherkin discoveries, as if the name itself brought other knowledge along with it. Most of my discoveries come through inspiration and meditation, which is more than seeing or hearing, it also includes feeling. I know what my family feels like. I've also studied my own habits and tendencies that seem to have no outward cause. Time is one of the best tests for these because idle whims tend to fall to the wayside, while the important things stick.

My memories are vague at best, many times I ask the spirits and then I am told, but it's more than just taking their word for it because as I hear the stories it's like I am reliving it, and the patterns present in the stories do fit together in unexpected ways with previous knowledge. Should I doubt their validity? I haven't had any great reason to yet. But I do feel the stories are incomplete.

As for why my memory is so bad, I assume some past trauma that makes me either unable or unwilling to remember much more than I have. My other thought is that if it was important for me to know more in this lifetime I would.

2) You refer to yourself and your species as having names. Where do these names come from? Are they your attempt to verbalise them, are they what other beings called them, are they used by your species as names when appearing to fleshier types?

The name of the species is most likely a translation of what they would call themselves when dealing with others, but could be they adopted it based on what others have called them. They wouldn't have a need for it within their own ranks. Names of individuals only come about when that one distinguishes itself based on its experiences or actions as it works within a construct. Again, those who 'stayed home' wouldn't have a need for a name.

Though the lack of time in that realm makes me wonder if the idea of 'leaving' is merely an illusion. Spirit experiences the passage of time, but the core does not...maybe the names only apply to the spirits or constructs that are in relation to those core beings.

3) How do you think you came to be incarnated on Earth?

How? I assume that my spirit, inhabited a human embryo or infant. I've been here as long as 'I' can remember.

As for why, I've asked that question myself. One answer said that I was ordered to come here without clear instruction as to what I was supposed to do, but being a good little puppy I was more than happy to comply. (I remember the happy puppy feeling quite clearly. If I had a tail I would have wagged it. So undignified!) Another story had me coming here to be a nature spirit, but I got distracted by a human form along the way. Which one is right? Who knows? Actually, thinking about it, they don't necessarily contradict each other...

And a comment:

4) Hebrew names are indeed popular with the energetic types. My "astral family" all go by Hebrew names when they want to communicate with me verbally.

I keep meaning to study more Hebrew things, but it sits in waiting on a very long list. If it was important for me I would feel drawn to it more. The things I do feel drawn to keep me pretty busy as it is.

"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-07-26 2:58
Find
Give Thanks
Nic
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Motley Wrote:4) Hebrew names are indeed popular with the energetic types. My "astral family" all go by Hebrew names when they want to communicate with me verbally.

I keep meaning to study more Hebrew things, but it sits in waiting on a very long list. If it was important for me I would feel drawn to it more. The things I do feel drawn to keep me pretty busy as it is.

I find Strong's Hebrew Lexicon a valuable resource for that.

And should it be that we shall never meet again,
Know that I will always keep you in my heart,
And I will search for you in that time beyond time
Until we do meet again, and you will know
That love and family are the miracles of the world.
2008-07-26 3:32
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Motley Wrote:1) How did you discover the above?

Which part? The name popped into my head when I was idly thinking about names. It felt perfectly right at the time, and it stuck with me over the years, holding up to the test of time. Finding the name was the beginning of my otherkin discoveries, as if the name itself brought other knowledge along with it. Most of my discoveries come through inspiration and meditation, which is more than seeing or hearing, it also includes feeling. I know what my family feels like. I've also studied my own habits and tendencies that seem to have no outward cause. Time is one of the best tests for these because idle whims tend to fall to the wayside, while the important things stick.

Have you had any communication with your family, or attempted to contact them through astral projection etc?

What habits and tendancies do you have that seem to have no outward cause? (I agree, FWIW, that psychological leanings that don't seem explainable by childhood or parental influence or environment are often a reasonable sign that there are other factors at play; what those other factors are, of course, is a whole other question.)

Quote:My memories are vague at best, many times I ask the spirits and then I am told, but it's more than just taking their word for it because as I hear the stories it's like I am reliving it, and the patterns present in the stories do fit together in unexpected ways with previous knowledge. Should I doubt their validity? I haven't had any great reason to yet. But I do feel the stories are incomplete.

Well, doubting their validity is one extreme - believing it is another. Without any reason to believe it and without any reason to doubt it, IMO the sensible medium is just that - taking it as potential information and neither believing nor disbelieving it.

Does feeling like you are reliving it count as a sign? Maybe, maybe not. I've read books by a few authors that are so brilliantly written it felt like I was reliving everything, not just reading it - it doesn't mean it's a description of a past life, only that the author is really good. And that was just communication with words on a page. If that same author communicated telepathically and empathically, especially if it was a two way road, then I'm quite sure it would seem almost entirely convincing.

Quote:As for why my memory is so bad, I assume some past trauma that makes me either unable or unwilling to remember much more than I have. My other thought is that if it was important for me to know more in this lifetime I would.

On the other hand, maybe it is important for you to know as much as possible - but it's important because what matters is not so much what you will do with the knowledge, as the action you take to regain it.

Not unlike the story of the climber who was stranded on a mountain and prayed to God for help. A short while later, another climber came by and offered to climb over to him and get him to safety. "No thanks!" he said, "I have help on the way." A St Bernard dog made its way over to him complete with barrel of supplies, but he didn't open them because he knew help was coming. Mountain rescue came by shortly in a helicopter and tried to fly to safety, but waiting for a miracle to help him, he refused to get in the sling. He died shortly after, and on arriving in heaven he angrily said to God, "Why didn't you help me? I prayed and no miracle happened!" God sighed and rolled his eyes and said "Dude, who do you think sent the other climber, the St Bernard, and mountain rescue?"

Sometimes you don't just get "given" help, you get given the tools to help yourself or to be helped. As you're online, the tools you have been given to help yourself include, well, pretty much all knowledge in the world.

Quote:2) You refer to yourself and your species as having names. Where do these names come from? Are they your attempt to verbalise them, are they what other beings called them, are they used by your species as names when appearing to fleshier types?

The name of the species is most likely a translation of what they would call themselves when dealing with others, but could be they adopted it based on what others have called them. They wouldn't have a need for it within their own ranks. Names of individuals only come about when that one distinguishes itself based on its experiences or actions as it works within a construct. Again, those who 'stayed home' wouldn't have a need for a name.

Can you elaborate more on how they dealt with fleshies? I don't see why a name would be necessary unless they were appearing/dealing in a manner other than "force of nature" or "strong intuitive feeling". To give an example; I don't think that (for example) the concept of a sentient Death would need to take humanoid form and scythe someone in order for them to die. No, if he had to do anything, he would just have to think or "will" that someone died. No need to go and actually do it - that's what fleshies do, not what forces of nature do.

Quote:3) How do you think you came to be incarnated on Earth?

How? I assume that my spirit, inhabited a human embryo or infant. I've been here as long as 'I' can remember.

As for why, I've asked that question myself. One answer said that I was ordered to come here without clear instruction as to what I was supposed to do, but being a good little puppy I was more than happy to comply. (I remember the happy puppy feeling quite clearly. If I had a tail I would have wagged it. So undignified!) Another story had me coming here to be a nature spirit, but I got distracted by a human form along the way. Which one is right? Who knows? Actually, thinking about it, they don't necessarily contradict each other...

Does it actually impact on your life at all (as in, do you lead your day to day life, career, etc based on your former role - or is it just something you discuss)? What (if any) efforts do you make to find out the why? Do you think the why is relevant, or is it more relevant to simply experience being alive and mortal? Do you expect to return to your former self when you die here, or is that part of your life done barring something extraordinaary happening?

Quote:4) Hebrew names are indeed popular with the energetic types. My "astral family" all go by Hebrew names when they want to communicate with me verbally.

I think for a lot of people, Hebrew names just signify "old, important, and a bit exotic". I remember discussing this on another forum once, and the majority of my friends and family had Hebrew names, with a few having Roman names and a smaller few having Celtic names of some kind or other - but there could still be that vibe of "IMPORTANT!" simply due to childhood exposure to Christianity.

It would be interesting to see if people without that background also experienced their celestial friends using Hebrew name for themselves, or (more likely IMO) names were from the mythology of their own cultures.

Anything by Strongs is indeed an excellent resource, but behindthename.com is handy too. It (and Strongs) have defined some of my lot's names as "annointed", "gatekeeper", "peace", and "attached". Looking at the meanings of the names - even if you yourself were not personally aware of them - can sometimes be very useful.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-07-26 16:02
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:Have you had any communication with your family, or attempted to contact them through astral projection etc?

Yes, I do sometimes try to contact them astrally. In their pure form, they don't say much. Like I said, they just ARE. If I want to talk to someone I have to talk to another one who is outside the whole. One of those was a healer. He told me that I could go back at any time if I let go of my construct, which is not something I'm ready to do. No memories as we think of them, no separate personality, no, not right now. There was a time I thought that going back would bring all my experiences with me and somehow pollute the whole, like how a drop of ink will change the color of a whole glass of water, but I realize now that's not the case.

Have to get ready to go now, if I can get out of my driveway past the flood.I'll get back to the other comments later.

2008-07-26 16:16
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:What habits and tendancies do you have that seem to have no outward cause? (I agree, FWIW, that psychological leanings that don't seem explainable by childhood or parental influence or environment are often a reasonable sign that there are other factors at play; what those other factors are, of course, is a whole other question.)

When I was little, I used to identify more with the knight in shining armor than with the damsel in distress. That in itself might not be so unusual, maybe I was just a tomboy. But on the other hand, while everyone else, boys, girls and teacher included ran screaming away from the sandbox, I was the one who calmly walked up to it, gently picked up the snake, carried it and released it at the edge of the playground next to the trees. I knew snakes were dangerous, but it wasn't right for it to make everyone upset, and I also remember being concerned that the snake might get stepped on. I had to make things right even if it was dangerous. I often felt older, wiser, and a bit protective of the people around me, even the adults, but at the same time, I often tried to play it down so people wouldn't get uncomfortable around me. We're talking kindergarten and first grade here. I can't say that it was entirely family influence because my sister and I have nearly opposite personalities.

2008-07-26 18:54
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:Well, doubting their validity is one extreme - believing it is another. Without any reason to believe it and without any reason to doubt it, IMO the sensible medium is just that - taking it as potential information and neither believing nor disbelieving it.

Does feeling like you are reliving it count as a sign? Maybe, maybe not. I've read books by a few authors that are so brilliantly written it felt like I was reliving everything, not just reading it - it doesn't mean it's a description of a past life, only that the author is really good. And that was just communication with words on a page. If that same author communicated telepathically and empathically, especially if it was a two way road, then I'm quite sure it would seem almost entirely convincing.

I believe because I am meant to believe. A person who believes will live their life differently than someone who takes everything on theory. I know up front that these are stories rather than memories because they often seem symbolic, but the patterns do match up with my own experiences and impressions. Either I trust the spirits or I don't. If I don't, I need to get the heck out of the kitchen. Sometimes I do get tricked, but experience has shown that they generally do it for my own good.

2008-07-26 19:09
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:On the other hand, maybe it is important for you to know as much as possible - but it's important because what matters is not so much what you will do with the knowledge, as the action you take to regain it.

Not unlike the story of the climber who was stranded on a mountain and prayed to God for help. A short while later, another climber came by and offered to climb over to him and get him to safety. "No thanks!" he said, "I have help on the way." A St Bernard dog made its way over to him complete with barrel of supplies, but he didn't open them because he knew help was coming. Mountain rescue came by shortly in a helicopter and tried to fly to safety, but waiting for a miracle to help him, he refused to get in the sling. He died shortly after, and on arriving in heaven he angrily said to God, "Why didn't you help me? I prayed and no miracle happened!" God sighed and rolled his eyes and said "Dude, who do you think sent the other climber, the St Bernard, and mountain rescue?"

Sometimes you don't just get "given" help, you get given the tools to help yourself or to be helped. As you're online, the tools you have been given to help yourself include, well, pretty much all knowledge in the world.

Part of my spiritual practice involves recognizing doors and walking through them, the flip side of that is recognizing which paths not to follow. In the story you describe, the climber was obviously ignoring the doors that were opening for him. But when I do research, run into dead ends, find the same useless trivia repeated word for word, and find myself repeating 'not it' until my head spins, I take that as a sign to trust intuition more and outside sources less.

I think part of my programming is actually an aversion to finding out too much too soon. I get one piece and work with it for awhile until I can internalize it before I get the next piece. I don't really ask for help until I'm ready for the next bit, which is just as well, because each piece has a habit of restructuring how I think about things. Then, when I'm not looking too hard, some confirmation that I didn't have previous knowledge of will crop up somewhere externally to confirm or clarify some point.

Still debating on whether it's better to keep breaking this up into pieces, or to just dive in to the rest of the post...

2008-07-26 19:27
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:Can you elaborate more on how they dealt with fleshies? I don't see why a name would be necessary unless they were appearing/dealing in a manner other than "force of nature" or "strong intuitive feeling". To give an example; I don't think that (for example) the concept of a sentient Death would need to take humanoid form and scythe someone in order for them to die. No, if he had to do anything, he would just have to think or "will" that someone died. No need to go and actually do it - that's what fleshies do, not what forces of nature do.

I think their interactions are based entirely on what constructs they adopted. Their 'purpose' is programmed into the construct, not in the energy itself. A computer has a different purpose than a light bulb, but they're both powered by electricity and because of that they do have similarities in the way they are made. Some of those applications deal with fleshies and some don't, but since fleshies are always naming things, I assume that that is one of the names they have used. And since I'm a fleshy currently, I tend to expect things to have names too, even as I realize that they don't exactly need it for their own use. I can merely assume that a large number of those who interacted with humans have taken forms that can fly. As for what they've done for humans...I'm a guardian of sorts, I've met another who was a healer, there may be teachers and others I haven't thought of.

(Lol, now I know why I'm breaking it up into parts. It gives me time to think, that, and I keep getting interrupted at home.)

Archer Wrote:Does it actually impact on your life at all (as in, do you lead your day to day life, career, etc based on your former role - or is it just something you discuss)? What (if any) efforts do you make to find out the why? Do you think the why is relevant, or is it more relevant to simply experience being alive and mortal? Do you expect to return to your former self when you die here, or is that part of your life done barring something extraordinaary happening?

My natural preferences have a great impact on how I live my life. I study Tai Chi, which is a martial art that is also used for health, healing, and aligning energies with the physical body. It appeals to me on all those levels, and I get to play with swords too! Since I've been practicing that for awhile, I also teach a couple of beginning classes. Last Wednesday I was helping a couple of senior citizens relearn how to stand on one foot without losing their balance, so that appeals to me from the service angle too.

As for the why, the main message I've been getting is to be myself and the rest will follow. Of course being myself is a challenge in itself. Sometimes I try so hard to please others that I get pulled off of my own center, and then I lose my effectiveness. Individuality and even rebelliousness is something I've had to learn from an outside source.

As for going back, maybe I will eventually, but knowing what that would mean, I've got no desire to now. I've been invited to join another, more individualized, group once I'm done here, and I might take them up on it. It sounds like fun.

Archer Wrote:I think for a lot of people, Hebrew names just signify "old, important, and a bit exotic". I remember discussing this on another forum once, and the majority of my friends and family had Hebrew names, with a few having Roman names and a smaller few having Celtic names of some kind or other - but there could still be that vibe of "IMPORTANT!" simply due to childhood exposure to Christianity.

It would be interesting to see if people without that background also experienced their celestial friends using Hebrew name for themselves, or (more likely IMO) names were from the mythology of their own cultures.

Anything by Strongs is indeed an excellent resource, but behindthename.com is handy too. It (and Strongs) have defined some of my lot's names as "annointed", "gatekeeper", "peace", and "attached". Looking at the meanings of the names - even if you yourself were not personally aware of them - can sometimes be very useful.

My contacts don't really go by Hebrew names. They rarely go by names at all. I know them by feel. I know what name people have given to my main guide, though he showed up long before I knew that name. My predominant 'culture' doesn't believe in talking to celestials in the first place, if they even exist at all. So any names I use must be borrowed from somewhere else, if I even bother to do so. And the names used in other cultures often amount to the same vague descriptions I would ascribe to them anyway, the Zappy One, the Mountain, the Maiden, the Bitchy one who lives below, the Evil-looking dragon guy who really isn't all that bad....

2008-07-26 20:04
Find
Give Thanks