Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bezaliel
boyd
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Bezaliel
Most people on here are familiar with the story of the Grigori, The 200 Watcher angels who fell from Heaven in the Book of Enoch. I've been wondering about one angel in particular who does not often get mentioned.......Bezaliel, "Shadow of God". Almost nothing is mentioned of him, because apparently the scriptures regarding him were rather badly damaged, but he was one of them, and apparently an important one as he was one of the few of the 200 mentioned by name. Even his name is uncertain due to damage to the scriptures, Shadow of God's just an educated guess. Does anybody have any further information on this particular individual? Google won't reveal much more to me.........
2010-07-08 3:10
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Bezaliel
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bezalel">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bezalel</a><!-- m -->

edit: sorry, left that hanging.

The wiki article gives some hebrew that may be of use.
2010-07-08 3:30
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Bezaliel
While ey are understood as a leader, I never really thought of em as being that important. It's been a while since I did my study of Enoch, but Busasajel* doesn't even figure into any of my notes with the exception of mentioning the verse with the leaders. I'm not sure how much corruption of information there is between him and Bezalel (BTzLEL) who is a different figure. What sources did you have on em anyways? I don't see a direct reference to eir punishment, which means ey still might be easily reached, even them Shem and Atz are still able to communicate, it's just a bit more work. If you're looking for hard sources, if I know where you got your info I could at least cross-reference that. If you're looking for soft sources (which I shun with the wilful exclusion of hard sources) then I'd say try contacting em. By their nature the Bene are easy to at least connect to, not all seem to be able to, or want to talk, but tracking them down isn't a chore.

*Busasajel is the translation I prefer, until a more complete version of the name appears in a language I can at least transliterate. I haven't seen complete Aramaic of the name, so I can't even try to looking in the dictionary for meaning. I can't find a source that gives the Bezaliel translation, just ones that say "It can also be this" but don't explain why.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
2010-07-09 4:10
Find
Give Thanks