Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being a Succubus/Spirit Priest
Angila
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Being a Succubus/Spirit Priest
This is basically explaining what I can do/more.

------
Spirit priest:
-When I'm connected to someone I care about I can feel when they hurt themselves or are hurt in anyway. I can feel the pain (it's not as painful its more like a phantom of the pain) as well. For example I was walking up to a college and suddenly it felt like someone slugged me in the right side of the jaw. later on I asked my bf and it ended up my bf was punched in the jaw at that same exact moment. Crazy-ness right?! xD

-I have been able to heal people long distance and non-long distance, take the edge off their pain.

------
Succubus:
-I can cuddle/kiss/screw people long distances, they feel cold on them and tingles that feel like that go deep into your flesh (I think this is my succubus and not my spirit priest, I'm not totally positive.)

-For some reason music headphone wise seems to help me zone in on my cuddling and so on, people feel them a lot more strongly as well. I'm not sure why

-Dream walking, those black dreams I often get. But I know something happened, but I can't recall.

-I have an alter me I call her Katt, She does legit exist I have communicated with her a few times this last month (first time I talked to her through windows live messenger when she took over a psychic. She is me its funny. She acts just like me but she's apparently meaner then I am). Now I can talk to her through my body (if u get what I mean). The first time I communicated with her through my body, I asked her to save someone who was dying I deeply care about, I got a reply and She actually saved this persons life. Katt looks exactly like me but has long crimson red hair, more of developed body as well.
I don't think many incubus/succubus know they have alters. But apparently all do.

------
Not sure if it's my spirit priest/succubus:
-I have been able to extend what I'd call a black aura around me that I could feel. when people saw me they all looked at me and then seem to be terrified but could not stop staring. Human and Otherkin. I used to do this a lot when I was in middle school, sit on a swing and let all my frustration and rage out. Back when I had no clue what I was doing.

------
I'm starting to be able to sense other-kin around me along with spirits and demons, but I can still not see them. Even though my vision does seem to be getting altered somehow as of recently.

I can also sense that my soul isn't human now.

I almost feel like I have wings, ears and tail of some sort.

I feel really awkward in a human body, eating, bathroom, ext.

Also the other night I saw the moons light pulsing, I asked a normal human and they could not see it. I asked an otherkin I'm now living with whose got a wolf otherkin, and he could see it.

------
If you have any questions just ask. Everything I have written down here is from personal experience. I didn't make this up. Not at all.

(I know I have posted some of this information before)
2012-07-01 1:22
Find
Give Thanks
Kiyamvir
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Re: Being a Succubus/Spirit Priest
Quote:-I have been able to heal people long distance and non-long distance, take the edge off their pain.
Since this ability is possessed and trained by humans as well, does it mean that you can do Reiki naturally, without going to a course beforehand? As I have discovered this healing ability in myself as well (though I don't really use it anymore), could it mean that it's universal to all demonkin, or even most otherkin? I'm pretty sure that I'm not a spirit priest, since I lack the empathy part, so it can't be that we share the same "class".

Quote:-I can cuddle/kiss/screw people long distances, they feel cold on them and tingles that feel like that go deep into your flesh (I think this is my succubus and not my spirit priest, I'm not totally positive.)
Do you need to do OOBE to do that? Do you actually leave your physical body and move your soul, or do you move it mentally? I found that I'm unable to fully leave my body, but I can move out my soul partly 'in my head' - but when I do that, I can't see much, and I have to rely on my senses alone. Plus, it's really hard to keep it up. What is it like in your case?

Quote:-Dream walking, those black dreams I often get. But I know something happened, but I can't recall.
What do you mean by that? Every soul leaves its physical body at night and enters the Astral, human or not. And, usually we don't remember what we did there, because we're not meant to remember x)

Quote:-I have been able to extend what I'd call a black aura around me that I could feel. when people saw me they all looked at me and then seem to be terrified but could not stop staring. Human and Otherkin. I used to do this a lot when I was in middle school, sit on a swing and let all my frustration and rage out. Back when I had no clue what I was doing.
Black aura usually happens when someone's really upset or angry. I suppose the fact that you're a demon intensifies it? And, I'm curious - do you often meet Otherkin?

Quote:I'm starting to be able to sense other-kin around me along with spirits and demons, but I can still not see them. Even though my vision does seem to be getting altered somehow as of recently.
And what do you feel when you sense them?
Third eye is responsible for seeing and hearing spirits, so you can work on that, if you want to. I'm personally satisfied by simply seeing them as a mass of energy in the air, and hearing them from time to time. Are you able to see energy around you? I don't mean auras - I mean energy everywhere, those small, vibrating particles instead of solid objects. I know that some humans have that ability too, but I wondered if Otherkin have it from birth.

A demon loves only himself.
2012-07-01 11:14
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Kiyamvir Wrote:
Quote:-I have been able to heal people long distance and non-long distance, take the edge off their pain.
Since this ability is possessed and trained by humans as well, does it mean that you can do Reiki naturally, without going to a course beforehand? As I have discovered this healing ability in myself as well (though I don't really use it anymore), could it mean that it's universal to all demonkin, or even most otherkin? I'm pretty sure that I'm not a spirit priest, since I lack the empathy part, so it can't be that we share the same "class".

Or it's unrelated. Anyone can learn it and anyone can be a "natural" at it, no otherkin requirement. When it comes to "abilities" otherkin are limited by their humanity...meaning otherkin and non-kin are capable of the same abilities when it all boils down.

Kiyamvir Wrote:
Quote:-Dream walking, those black dreams I often get. But I know something happened, but I can't recall.
What do you mean by that? Every soul leaves its physical body at night and enters the Astral, human or not. And, usually we don't remember what we did there, because we're not meant to remember x)

While it may be your belief that the "soul" leaves the physical body every night and goes to the Astral..it's far from fact. It is well documented that dreams are a creation of the brain while we sleep. The "soul" is unproven and not everyone even believes in them in the first place. So in the future, please present beliefs as beliefs and not facts unless you can back them up with evidence.

Kiyamvir Wrote:I know that some humans have that ability too, but I wondered if Otherkin have it from birth.

The likelihood of someone who identifies as otherkin and someone who does not being born with that ability is the same. Identifying as otherkin doesn't get you special abilities or what have you simply because of a belief.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2012-07-01 15:00
Find
Give Thanks
Kiyamvir
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Quote:While it may be your belief that the "soul" leaves the physical body every night and goes to the Astral..it's far from fact. It is well documented that dreams are a creation of the brain while we sleep. The "soul" is unproven and not everyone even believes in them in the first place. So in the future, please present beliefs as beliefs and not facts unless you can back them up with evidence.
And why can't it be both, hmm? From what I learned over the years, and from what I came to believe, soul and body are interconnected, but they have different roles and can react differently. Ergo, the fact that dreams happen in our brains, doesn't mean that the soul can't travel out of body during sleep. And sice, as many people believe, soul is divided into two parts, each of them having its own conciousness - when the body conciousness is resting and dreaming, the soul is off in the astral doing its business. I suspect that the true role of a dream is to cloud our minds so that we don't remember our experiences from the astral. Our memories of that, and of our past lives, need to be locked away in our soul conciousness so that we can learn and discover this world to the best of our ability. It's all to maintain the balance in the world. Of course, you don't have to believe that. c; But if the theory I believe in is true, what Kapai recalls are not dreams, but experiences of her soul, and that happens sometimes - the feeling that we did something when we slept, but we can't remember what it was. Hm. Also, another kind-of-evidence that the soul leaves the body at night, is when we wake up with a feeling that we fell, and we suddenly jump up - that would be the soul violently returning to our body. I had that not long ago, when I felt my soul leaving my body, and then someone suddenly kicked me. It was a spirit, no idea who, but my friend (who's a medium) told me that it happens to her all the time. Kind of annoying, and I nearly got a heart attack D:

And, it's not exactly true, that the existance of soul is unproven - scientist are beginning to acknowledge souls. Look up the double-slit experiment. The quantum phenomena was used to explain the existance of soul. x)

Thanks for joining the discussion, though.

2012-07-01 16:27
Find
Give Thanks
Angila
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

@Kiyamvir

Quote:Since this ability is possessed and trained by humans as well, does it mean that you can do Reiki naturally, without going to a course beforehand? As I have discovered this healing ability in myself as well (though I don't really use it anymore), could it mean that it's universal to all demonkin, or even most otherkin? I'm pretty sure that I'm not a spirit priest, since I lack the empathy part, so it can't be that we share the same "class".

I'm pretty sure you are correct about most otherkin having the ability to heal. I've never taken a class on healing in my life by the way.

Quote:Do you need to do OOBE to do that? Do you actually leave your physical body and move your soul, or do you move it mentally? I found that I'm unable to fully leave my body, but I can move out my soul partly 'in my head' - but when I do that, I can't see much, and I have to rely on my senses alone. Plus, it's really hard to keep it up. What is it like in your case?

Can you explain OOBE? Also I have never left my body even though I am interested in trying to do so, the way I cuddle people is not easy to explain but I will try. So basically I'll just sit still in one spot and think of someone I know I'm connected to, for instance my boyfriend. I think of him being here with me even though he's two hours away, and whatever I think about doing to him when I'm connected to him, he will feel it. I'm not really sure how to explain it. Another thing, lets say i'm cuddling someones back. I can actually feel their back against my front, kinda of.

Quote:What do you mean by that? Every soul leaves its physical body at night and enters the Astral, human or not. And, usually we don't remember what we did there, because we're not meant to remember x)

What are you asking me to explain?
And if anyone FINDS A WAY TO REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENS in X please TELL ME! rofls. (I've talked to some otherkin who apparently can remember their dream walks but they are not sure how they do it.)

Quote:Black aura usually happens when someone's really upset or angry. I suppose the fact that you're a demon intensifies it? And, I'm curious - do you often meet Otherkin?

When ever this happened I would probably be upset that I was alone, the fact I'm a demon probably does intensifie it.
And how often i meet otherkin is really quite strange, almost 85% of the people I meet online are otherkin. In real life I'm not sure how many other kins have been drawn to me because they don't exactly tell me their otherkin.... ya know xD

Quote:And what do you feel when you sense them?
Third eye is responsible for seeing and hearing spirits, so you can work on that, if you want to. I'm personally satisfied by simply seeing them as a mass of energy in the air, and hearing them from time to time. Are you able to see energy around you? I don't mean auras - I mean energy everywhere, those small, vibrating particles instead of solid objects. I know that some humans have that ability too, but I wondered if Otherkin have it from birth.

um.... how to explain how they feel. Well I can explain how the last demon I sensed felt like. It felt like the left of my body (that was the direction it was in) was picking up a evil eye that was staring at me. It's so hard to explain how it feels. Next time i sense one I'll write down exactly what I am feeling.

I know my third eye is open but I still can not see any spirits or demons, but I'm beginning to sense them so I'll probably be able to see them within a few months. Lovely~

I have been able to see my own energy that I've considerate in my hands. Last night I saw the barrier my friend has around the house. Also i think I understand what you mean by energy everywhere, because I'm seeing something that almost blankets the earth and moves. Also those particles you are talking about I've seen on the bottom of a lighting cloud, only once though.

Let me ask you this, a long time ago when I was like 5-7 or so I'd used to look around my room at night and see these black orbs (100's of them) that would like go up my wall to the ceiling and then try to dive down on me. But they'd poof before they hit me. they stopped appearing at like age 10? I hope you can help me understand what this is.

----------------------------------------

@Seraphyna

Quote:Or it's unrelated. Anyone can learn it and anyone can be a "natural" at it, no otherkin requirement. When it comes to "abilities" otherkin are limited by their humanity...meaning otherkin and non-kin are capable of the same abilities when it all boils down.

She's got a point there....
2012-07-01 19:14
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Kiyamvir Wrote:Ergo, the fact that dreams happen in our brains, doesn't mean that the soul can't travel out of body during sleep.

I didn't say it can't, I said that the concept of the soul leaving the body during sleep is a belief that has yet to have any sort of scientific backing and as such to present it as a belief and not a fact. You're welcome to believe it, but anyone else is welcome not to.

Kiyamvir Wrote:Also, another kind-of-evidence that the soul leaves the body at night, is when we wake up with a feeling that we fell, and we suddenly jump up - that would be the soul violently returning to our body.

That is refered to as a "hypnic jerk" and the leading scientific theory on it is that as we fall asleep and our muscles relax, the brain sometimes mistakes this as falling and thus "snaps us out of it" and conversely as we wake up the same thing occurs in reverse so to speak. Though it's much more common when falling asleep than upon waking. If it truly were one's soul leaving one's body, why doesn't it happen every night and if it's truly one's soul returning to one's body why doesn't it happen each morning? Or at least much more often than it does.

Kiyamvir Wrote:And, it's not exactly true, that the existance of soul is unproven - scientist are beginning to acknowledge souls. Look up the double-slit experiment. The quantum phenomena was used to explain the existance of soul.

This proves that matter and energy can appear as particles and waves...and was performed with beams of light...proving this to be an attribute of photons. This in no way proves that the physical body has a soul, but that matter can, in theory, be both a particle and a wave. I can see where people who want there to be scientific evidence of the soul can either misinterpret this experiment or try to warp it in some way to suit their beliefs, but as of yet there is no way to test/prove the existance of the soul. There is no peer reviewed scientist that has any sort of evidence for the soul. In any search for information you find plenty of spiritualists and pseudoscientists, but no true scientific, repeatable, verified evidence.

2012-07-01 21:32
Find
Give Thanks
Kiyamvir
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

[link] <- I higly doubt that the guy who wrote this article, being a "Chief Scientific Officer of Advanced Cell Technology", can be considered a "pseudoscientist". There's also the book called "Physics of the Soul" written by a professor of a physics department who researched the quantum phenomena as the key to the existance of a soul.

As for our discussion about dreaming - I think it has no business being here, and we're making off-topic - so we should either make another topic concerning this, or we should just drop it, sine it we'll be a belief vs science discussion. ;P

2012-07-02 16:01
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

An opinion piece is far from peer reviewed experimental data backing up his points. I'm sure there are plenty of known scientists who believe in souls...none of whom have peer reveiwed evidence to back up those beliefs regardless of whether or not they think there should be. There's also something to be said for the brain supplying experiences to back up any belief. The brain will go so far as to create experiences and even memories to back up something an individual thinks is true and thus wants to be true.

2012-07-02 17:38
Find
Give Thanks
Chimera
Wild Librarian
Kintype: Large mixed-origin multiple system
Otherkin: No
Contribution: tick tick 

Seraphyna Wrote:An opinion piece is far from peer reviewed experimental data backing up his points. I'm sure there are plenty of known scientists who believe in souls...none of whom have peer reveiwed evidence to back up those beliefs regardless of whether or not they think there should be. There's also something to be said for the brain supplying experiences to back up any belief. The brain will go so far as to create experiences and even memories to back up something an individual thinks is true and thus wants to be true.
I agree with Seraphyna.

A scientist is only a person. Science is a lot more then just the just one person. It’s a peer reviewed and re-reviewed system that is highly skeptical until shown proof of something. There are a lot of scientists out there who might believe in any number of things - young Earth creationism, belief in a deity or multiple deities, a belief in a after life, belief in a soul, etc- but just because some number of scientists believe in it doesn’t make it so. Peer-reviewed research and facts to back it up.

- Kardegray
2012-07-02 18:24
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes

When it comes down to it, that article is still based only on one scientist's experiences and research. One person doesn't make it absolutely true and the scientific community agrees with that. Proving the existence of something as monumental as the soul would take many scientists many years to provide enough data to make a logical conclusion. And I realize there's work being done about it, as per the sources you listed, but studies aren't the end-all of such an important debate. This sort of thing takes years and years of intense research and trying to prove the existence of the soul has been going on for centuries. That aside, interesting sources.

What you cannot do here is claim absolutely that everyone's soul leaves their body at night to go to the astral plane. You may believe that, but you cannot claim it as fact.

Also, let's please keep this thread on-topic.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2012-07-02 19:09
Find
Give Thanks