Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balancers Pt. II
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Balancers Pt. II
Just thought I’d post my updated memories of balancers etc (since I am one)…so here it is:

What are balancers? They are beings whose task it is to maintain as much of a balance as possible between order and chaos (good and evil if you must). We are everything and nothing and whatever we decide we are. I identify as a celestial, doesn't mean we all do. My kind tend to be polymorphic. At least for me, my other forms were mainly used to appear to other beings in a physical sense to influence them one way or another, I assume that’s how it works for all of us.

Balance was most often achieved by directly going to whichever plane/realm/whatever you wanna call it, and appearing to choice people to thereby influence them in the hope that they would eventually come to produce a desired result. It’s kind of like how people here might see an angel or the Virgin Mary and then become almost a “holy person”, lending guidance to others, leading them toward order. Or might see a “satanic” apparition and lead people toward chaos.

We basically have an innate knowledge of what was balance, so the best answer I can give is that we are linked directly to the universal consciousness and thus know what is in balance and what is not. We are servants of the universe, not of a deity or some more specific being. In the way of influencing people/beings, advice was all it took for some people, apparition was all it took for others, and for some, death was necessary. It wasn’t about getting beings to “worship” anything or anyone, just to influence key people enough to then promote order or disorder…whichever was needed at the time.

I’m not sure how many of us exist…though 13 sounds like the correct number. We were created at the beginning of Time…once energy became ordered enough to form the universe, life, souls. We also don’t have the same forms, other than winged humanoid (we all have a form like that. When physical, we inhabited a realm much like earth in its lush, more jungle like stage. Trees, waterfalls, you get the picture.) Otherwise, we were rather formless, existing where we desired much like celestial ghosts.

We were also forbidden to love, for love destroys neutrality. Thus, we were betrothed to other celestials, not necessarily other balancers.

Where did we reside? Well in the physical sense in the silver city atop the waterfall. The area around the city resembled something like a lush forest and the city had the river running through it that became a waterfall at the city’s edge atop the cliffs. I did my best “sensing” at that edge, though never (to my knowledge) ventured down to its base.

If anyone has further questions, feel free to ask.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-07-20 17:32
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Balancers Pt. II
You remind me of my friend who keeps going on about the Tao. Have you ever studied taoism? You might find it interesting.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-07-20 17:40
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

No I haven't...

2008-07-20 18:08
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Seraphyna Wrote:What are balancers? They are beings whose task it is to maintain as much of a balance as possible between order and chaos (good and evil if you must). We are everything and nothing and whatever we decide we are. I identify as a celestial, doesn't mean we all do. My kind tend to be polymorphic. At least for me, my other forms were mainly used to appear to other beings in a physical sense to influence them one way or another, I assume that’s how it works for all of us.

We basically have an innate knowledge of what was balance, so the best answer I can give is that we are linked directly to the universal consciousness and thus know what is in balance and what is not. We are servants of the universe, not of a deity or some more specific being. In the way of influencing people/beings, advice was all it took for some people, apparition was all it took for others, and for some, death was necessary. It wasn’t about getting beings to “worship” anything or anyone, just to influence key people enough to then promote order or disorder…whichever was needed at the time.

These two paragraphs very much ring true for me, but the others don't. Do you think it's possible for there to be more than one type of balancer?

Quote:We were also forbidden to love, for love destroys neutrality. Thus, we were betrothed to other celestials, not necessarily other balancers.

I've never found neutrality to be necessary. The important thing is to be dedicated to your work more than any of your prejudices.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-07-20 18:19
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Deros Wrote:These two paragraphs very much ring true for me, but the others don't. Do you think it's possible for there to be more than one type of balancer?

For all I know there very well could be. Do I remember others, no...but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

2008-07-20 18:55
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I believe that most people have at least some of these qualities. I know I do.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-07-20 20:26
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Seraphyna Wrote:We were also forbidden to love, for love destroys neutrality. Thus, we were betrothed to other celestials, not necessarily other balancers.

This confuses me. If love was considered bad, why were you "forbidden" to love? Why did whatever individual or process made you not just make you without the desire to love in the first place?

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-07-20 21:36
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

If we were made without the desire to love, it would technically take away the free will to love if one so wanted. We're beings with free will, thus we have the capacity for all emotion and all actions.

2008-07-21 1:03
Find
Give Thanks
flarablaze
Deciding which way I want to go
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I'll reply to this when I have time for a full description of what I know of balancers.
2008-07-21 16:14
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Seraphyna Wrote:If we were made without the desire to love, it would technically take away the free will to love if one so wanted. We're beings with free will, thus we have the capacity for all emotion and all actions.

Fair enough - though in my paradigm, "love" in the sense of romantic/sexual desire for another individual is not a matter of choice so much as a matter of biology.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-07-21 21:13
Find
Give Thanks