Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic Writing
Ausse
Artist, Student, Cook
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Automatic Writing
Recently, after moving an old desk of mine up to my new bat in the belfry home, I came upon a rather large amount of automatic writing. The desk was littered in quotes, drawings, and things that had been done during the first few months after my original awakening. Most of the quotes are either some odd form of gibberish (similar to what someone writing shorthand, or otherwise would do), but made sense for the events that were soon to come about.

Many of them (like the rather soul-piercing drawing in the middle of the desk) are from headmates and past lives, but some are not. The few that are not have been making me even more the curiouser and curiouser as the day goes on. So I have come to ask you all a question.

What are automatic writings triggered by? For instance, would the person have to be a medium of sorts, or just a normal human beings with nearly no paranormal aesthetic at all?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

- Ausse, of Aus'

And We are greatly sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't exactly know where to put it, but thanks, in any case.
2009-09-08 3:05
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Automatic Writing
As far as I've read/heard, anyone can do it, but it gets easier with practice or being able to go into a trance.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2009-09-08 5:53
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Ausse Wrote:What are automatic writings triggered by? For instance, would the person have to be a medium of sorts, or just a normal human beings with nearly no paranormal aesthetic at all?

I would assume that would depend on the individual. While I might be triggered by thunderstorms, Archer might be triggered by watching an episode of House. And just like someone having a sudden vision or "shift" it all depends on the circumstances.

And I'll agree with vampyre_smiles in that anyone can do it. Although with more practice, an individual would naturally get better at controlling it.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2009-09-08 13:16
Find
Give Thanks
JDRage
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Hmmm…interesting question .

Both automatic writing and the use of a Quija board are basically the same things , or to put it another way , two different methods to reach the same result …

It is possible to make contact with spirits and astrals through these , but you should also know that aspects of yourself can come through as well …in a manner of speaking , it can be used as a direct line to your subconscious.

If your going to use ether method , you have to set down some ground rules , for yourself and any entity’s that you contact ….

Some basic tips are ….

Use a banishing ritual or prayer before starting a session …

If possible , keep a container of pure clean water ( a glass of tap water will do ) near you and say a prayer over it ….

Never….never ever ever , take what is communicated to you as “Fact” , unless you can have some sort of proof given to you , astrals will lie their pants off just to keep you coming back for more .

You don’t have to be a medium or even psychic to have them work , just be open minded , what really sparks it off is simple contact , just send out the message for something to make contact and after a while they will , but they still have to effectively work “through” you , so try and be in a calm state of mind , try some meditation before beginning …

Always …and I do mean always , give the entity permission to leave , just thank it and ask it to leave until you call on it again , leaving a link open can be dangerous , even doing another banishing ritual or prayer after the session will help as well .

But to sum this up ….

Always take precautions before and after a session …
Always make sure the entity has left and that you close the link …
Never take any information you get as fact ….

As for “what” you can make contact with ?….basically anything , spirits , astrals , parts of your own subconscious.
2009-09-08 19:19
Find
Give Thanks
Ausse
Artist, Student, Cook
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Ah, well that clears up quite a few many questions, thank you. I was always curious as to what did trigger things, since most of mine stem from music or a picture.

And to JD, thank you for that help, but I wasn't actually looking into making contact, just curious as to what could cause it. I've never used a Ouija board, and don't plan on it, since most of the automatic writings came whilst I was doing something as mundane as my homework (School was where I first realized my multiplism, really, so that doesn't surprise me). But, in any case, thanks.
2009-09-08 22:17
Find
Give Thanks
2XMammal
Music Student/Singer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I would like to point out that Hypergraphia, in some cases, can be symptomatic of neurological or psychological trauma or imbalance. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but it might be worth speaking to a doctor about; especially if you're bipolar, manic-depressive, or epileptic. Temporal lobe fluctuations are mostly harmless but can be indicative of a deeper (medical) problem. Lets all be safe here.

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music." - Gustav Mahler

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
- Victor Hugo
2009-09-26 20:34
Find
Give Thanks
JDRage
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Hypergraphia isn’t by itself a disorder , but it “Can” be associated with certain mental disorders…

Kinda missing the mark here comparing this to automatic writing , Hypergraphia is an overwhelming urge to write , you basically cant help yourself as your compelled to write , and often sufferers will write complete nonsense , random compilations of words that have no thread or meaning …

However …with that said , with “Manic‘s” it can be quite a powerful tool as they can become both compelled and inspired to write , but as always , it’s a two way street , some of the greatest artist and writers in the world where in fact manic depressives , Van Gogh himself deliberately acknowledged his depression and put up with the lows so he could experience the highs …

Still…it’s a terrible curse to befall anybody .

Its true that certain kinds of writing can be associated with mental disorders , but they are few and far between .
2009-10-07 2:08
Find
Give Thanks
Velvet Darkness
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I have read that it is a way for people to contact the spirits of people who are no longer alive. Apparently anyone who has a mind that is able to connect in some way to these entities can do it. Though it does take some training to still your mind and make the connection or allow them to make the connection depending on which way round it works for you, it's not always a random thing, in some cases it can be made to happen on purpose.
Meditation is also supposed to help you connect to the 'other side', where spirits with messages can channel through you to the paper and pass on those messages in the form of automatic writing.
It's often used in movies to give warnings or threats, but in real life is usually just yet another way for the non-living to talk to the living and provide 'proof' (so the mediums usually say anyway) that they are still around, still watching what we do and approving or dis-approving where appropriate.
I've never seen an example of automatic writing that wasn't hugely open to interpretation, and mis-interpretation though, as most of the writing seemed to be little more than squiggles and any words there were seemed to be random and meaningless for the most part. Also how could anyone really prove that the writing came from 'beyond' (I love the words they use for dramatic effect.) and not from their own minds and hands?
All in all it seems a bit suspect to me, but then, honestly, that could be because I have never done it and therefore have no personal experience of a successful session.
2009-10-07 3:29
Find
Give Thanks