Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auras?
Feral
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Auras?
This message says nothing.
2008-02-10 21:39
Find
Give Thanks
Silyon
HS student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Auras?
Well, I can't say with any certainty or authority, but to me frosted glass Auras would be ones with some kind of distortion, keeping them from being read as easily.
2008-02-10 22:01
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I find that auras differentiate almost as much between people as the do "to" people.
That is, what an aura looks like can be different depending on who's looking.

An how it's interpreted changes between people as well.

That being said.... I don't know what a "frosted glass" effect would mean... it seems like a layer on top sort of thing.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-02-10 22:21
Find
Give Thanks
Selcar
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Agreement with Freetha's statement. The perception of auras akin to using divination tools or dream interpretation - meaning that it is very based off of the one perceiving. In this, you could get a hundred answers over what a aura that looks like means, and none of them could be right - however, what is important is what frosted glass represents to you.

"Justice, like lightning, should appear, to few men's ruin but to all men's fear."

[Image: Selcar.jpg]
2008-02-11 11:26
Find
Give Thanks
lemur
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Exactly, I find it depends as well. I've had my mother tell me my aura is dark red and strong-looking, and I've had a lady tell me I was Fae (don't know if it was by looking at the aura, though).
2008-02-14 14:28
Find
Give Thanks
Shade
Still a Wal-mart slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I asked a friend who knows about auras (as I know next to nothing), and he described it a bit to me, but depending on the answers already given, I don't know if you'd want to hear it or not, whether it "varies" with different observers. If you are curious, though, I can tell you what he told me.

“To his friends a man shall always remain a friend,
And return gift for gift;
Laughter for laughter let him return
And falsehood for lies.”
–Hávamál
2008-02-14 16:57
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Dunno, I think the opinion that aura appearance changes with observer is still a matter of belief/opinion. Personally I think it's a basically objective thing, though, like any other matter of observation, it's open to failure, individual 'interpretation' or general self-dellusion.

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-02-14 17:05
Find
Give Thanks
Taiaka
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I dunno, I'm kinda on the the other side of the fence when it comes to auras. I really don't liken them to any other form of divination because from the work I've done and the work of other people, there are similarities that cannot be up for interpretation. At a workshop I once went to on auras there was a staggering agreement amongst those who could 'see' and there are colors/forms that are almost universally reconized. I honestly don't understand the statement that hundreds of interpretations can be made from one person's aura; it makes me think that 99% of those people just cannot see. I feel like this because when I try to see auras, I can, and its not like reading a tarot spread or wondering what a dream means; its usually a definative color or mix of colors in a swirling gradient. Any deviations like black smudges, white flares, etc. are just...there. I'm not interpreting anything, I'm telling the color or pattern I see. I'm not saying my sight is the be all and end all of auras, but how can I not fight something when I can truly see it, like ink on a page, its there and its real to me. I'm also under the impression that free-basing the colors one sees and interpretating them with only hunches is a way of underminding all the study done in the field. Sure, someone without any training or knowledge can still see, but they don't know what they are seeing and thusly can draw uneducated conclusions that equate to 'personal interpretations'. I'm kinda passionate about auras because, to me, they are completely undeniable. And as a consumate cold reader, they are something I just cannot explain away.

But, to answer the original question to the best of my ability, I'd say an aura that looks like glass, frosted or not, would fall into the 'crystal' catagory. But then again, its really difficult to say anything about the colors that someone else saw; that's where the interpretation comes in. One person's light blue is another's pale aqua if you catch my meaning.

fwiw,
Tai

"Will minus intellect constitutes vulgarity." -Arthur Schopenhauer

[Image: smokersigwt8.jpg]
2008-02-14 17:45
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I can only see auras when I close my eyes and concentrate. When I do that, it doesn't matter how far away a person is.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-02-15 0:10
Find
Give Thanks
wicthdragon
Working on my book and planing a online bussness.
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I can see them and have been abil to for a couple of years . sometimes when i see people there auras seem to chage colers when i seen them and or they seem to be haveing alot of white and or blue or what ever,.

i guess it would depend on the mood and time of day it is or what ever i guess it just how i am seeing them or its the person or what ever when it comes to auras in any case it comes and goes when i see them.

The God Maker

[Image: wicthdragon-2.png]
2008-03-13 7:43
Find
Give Thanks