Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attacks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Attacks
This is a spin off from the defense thread. A lot has been said about atacks, but not much has gone into explaining what that means. I think some definition of 'attack" in the context would be useful.

What is an "attack'? What exactly does it do, as in, what is the effect???
2010-07-18 13:22
Find
Give Thanks
Kurogitsune
Poor student... lol
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Re: Attacks
well the effect could be anything from some really really bad luck from hell to to physical maladies and at the far extreme death or insanity.

"Let every fox tend to his own tail"
~Italian Proverb
2010-07-18 15:08
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

An attack would be the malicious direction of energy from the attacker, intended to cause a negative effect on the person attacked and or, a malicious attempt on the attacker's part to drain energy away from the person attacked.
Or something to that effect.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2010-07-18 15:14
Find
Give Thanks
WolfVanZandt
Vocational evaluator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Sinply put, an attack is an action intended to do damage.
2010-07-18 17:38
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Alright, i should have specified "spiritual attack" or "magic attack" or something like that.

I'm gonna say that i have never run active shielding, as it is described here, and i have never been the subject of any attack. if i have, the effect was so ordinary that i mistook it for common everyday things like...colds, and red lights.

so either I naturally shield the crap out of myself, or these 'attacks" aren't really up to snuff. that's just how it seems to me.

My definition of an 'attack" would be similar in some cases i guess, but different in others. The similar would be a malicious spirit causing an illness. yet these aren't just like one time zaps of energy, but are instead achieved through constant presence of the spirit and thus can be cured by expelling said spirit (this is an IME thing. btw. i;ve seen spiritual healing in action, in the name of yeshua).

other forms can be attempts to lead people astray. This counts as an 'attack" in my paradigm. these can be more difficult to deal with simply because the reason is so well hidden, and thus the "attack" is achievable only because the eprson under attack is allowing it to happen, inviting it. because it has to do with the person's will, they must be convinced that they need to change their game up before a lasting solution can be made. This is what, in my paradigm, is called tearing down of strongholds. i got myself under negative spiritual influence during my stint with Wicca. I got rid of it by getting rid of my books and turning my back on that stuff. that's how it works in my paradigm. if that isn't done, the spirits can still be cast away, but they come back, and sometimes bring reinforcements.
2010-07-18 20:16
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphin
Bagger
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

The reason why most people are never subjected to spiritual attacks is because contrary to popular belief the majority of people have a strong enough aura to shield from everyday "evil". Also, there are not exactly a lot of spirits and people going around and just attacking people for no reason. Like the physical world of today, the majority of people out there will not just punch you in the face or shoot you, you would probably would have to piss them off.

[Image: rsz_1thefoxandiareone.png][Image: rsz_seraphin.png]
2010-07-18 22:35
Find
Give Thanks
WolfVanZandt
Vocational evaluator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Shamans are primarily problem solvers. They spot a problem and they get to work correcting it. The reason I distinguish between magic users and shamans is that magic users generally "cast energy" from a distance whereas shamans will generally go to the problem and engage it personally. Shamans are practitioners who get up (perhaps "astrally"), go and do a job, and then come back home - much like a doctor or firefighter or such. Shamanism is much more mundane that magic.

So an attack is a problem to be solved and I don't really distinguish strongly between spiritual and material. Dreamtime translates spiritual (or I would say subtle) elements of the environment into virtual reality that can be navigated and manipulated much as the virtual reality we know as mundane perception.
2010-07-19 2:08
Find
Give Thanks
Kurogitsune
Poor student... lol
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

WolfVanZandt Wrote:Shamans are primarily problem solvers. They spot a problem and they get to work correcting it. The reason I distinguish between magic users and shamans is that magic users generally "cast energy" from a distance whereas shamans will generally go to the problem and engage it personally. Shamans are practitioners who get up (perhaps "astrally"), go and do a job, and then come back home - much like a doctor or firefighter or such. Shamanism is much more mundane that magic.

So an attack is a problem to be solved and I don't really distinguish strongly between spiritual and material. Dreamtime translates spiritual (or I would say subtle) elements of the environment into virtual reality that can be navigated and manipulated much as the virtual reality we know as mundane perception.

*applauds* wow i don't run across many good descriptions of a shaman and of those i have that takes the cake.

"Let every fox tend to his own tail"
~Italian Proverb
2010-07-19 13:40
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

My problem with most spiritual things is that I'm more or less blind to them, unless they actually intend harm or threat.

In those times, I find that I experience a sort of mental shift and am not quite sure what I am doing. As time has gone on I have become more cognizant of what has happened during these mental shifts, and even have been able to apply myself in a conscious action, such as the event that transpired and I am discussing in the "best defense is a good offense" thread.

I remember the first time I acted aggressively, there was an entity which started hanging around my home. At the time I was vaguely aware of it. It seemed to be just on the edge of perception and steadily grow hostile or aggressive (as much as a spirit can be anyway). I remember being home alone, walking out from my living room and turning down the hallway, perceiving that it was blocking my path and seemed to not wish to move. I do not entirely know what I did or how I did it, however I raised my right hand, felt a motion of energy and from the best I can tell, tore the entity into nothingness.

In the spot where the entity was is seemingly an astral void, no color or activity, when either Chai or I have noticed entities in the house, wherever they travel they avoid that spot. That was the experience that prompted me a long while back to start up the discussion of "soul death" or other forms of total and complete obliteration, as I theorize that is what I did, or quite possibly more accurately what Terro did.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2010-07-20 1:44
Find
Give Thanks
WolfVanZandt
Vocational evaluator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm not convinced there's a "soul death". Most entities commonly thought of a "pure spirit" are not, They have an envelope that localizes them, much as we have material bodies. Demons, angels, hags have these envelopes. I'm also pretty convnced that most "ghosts" are actually shards - and they're not spirit at all - they're more like personalized parcels of information - memories that have taken on an independent existence.

The envelopes of entities can be disrupted which "kills" them - it robs them of their ability to localize in space. In the scriptues, demons begged Jesus not to send them into the abyss. That's pretty much what happens when their bodies are disrupted - they can no longer hold onto their "existence" on the material plain. They become disembodied spirits in fact. The enter the "spirit pool" and can't return.

What happens when you begin "killing spirts" is that they begin avoiding you - your reputation, in a sense, precedes you. You begin to find that places that are usually strongly haunted for others are completely mundane for you.

Tarro, do you tend to berserk under confrontational situations - fights, flight, sex, etc.? In other words, do you proceed pretty much automatically without remembering much of what happened?
2010-07-20 5:54
Find
Give Thanks