Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you an extra-terrestrial Kin-type?
Svaenohr
Professional weirdo
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Are you an extra-terrestrial Kin-type?
I was a bit disappointed that the "extraterrestrials" thread was not what I thought it was, so I made this one. Anyone here who is of an extraterrestrial kin-type?

While Pi, the main one using this account, is a polymorph, he *does* hail from another dimension (AFAIK). We're not really sure about his origins.

However, we *are* certain about the origins of three others in our collective. And all three are not only extraterrestrial Kin, but are all from the same planet... but are three different species. One, Fayanora, is of a humanoid herbivorous species we call Ah'Koi Bahnis. They are hermaphrodites whose testicles are internal, and have a retractable "penis" called a grahbihn. (It serves the semen-implanting function of the human penis, anyway, but otherwise bears litte resemblance to any earth-creature's penis. It's also prehensile and can lift 15 to 20 pounds. And it's long: 2 or 3 *feet* long; and that's not counting the part that is always inside no matter how far it's extended.) Fayanora leans toward feminine, however.

Negarahn is of a species from the same planet, a species called Duenicallo. (Doo-en-ih-ky-yo.) Ranging in size from "small polar bear" to "average-sized horse," they are powerful carnivores but are friends with the Ah'Koi Bahnis. They can walk upright but can only run on all fours; their forepaws double as hands. They, too, are hermaphrodites like the AKB. Negarahn leans toward masculine.

Shao'Kehn is a Goddess of Chaos, Protection, Change, Evolution, and Self-Improvement. She takes Ah'Koi Bahnis form with us, but is worshipped by members of both Ah'Koi Bahnis and Duenicallo. It is apparently common for Her to place a piece of Her soul in those who work with Her, as well as to incarnate pieces of Herself into their own bodies. (I am not sure, but I suspect that I am such an avatar. I dunno, though; I struggle with it, because I don't feel like a Goddess, and saying I'm an avatar of a Goddess sounds egotistical, even though on Traipah it is apparently common for deities to incarnate as people. I also get the sense it's common here on Earth, too, the only difference being that Ah'Koi Bahnis and Duenicallo are *aware* of this trend and how common it is.) Her primary representation, aside from Her Ah'Koi Bahnis form, is a fire so bright that looking at it directly would blind you if it weren't mystical light. (Mystical light apparently cannot blind without meaning to, where regular light can.)

-Pi

Ich bin ein Diener des Lebens.

Pi = An irrational number.
2009-01-26 12:09
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Are you an extra-terrestrial Kin-type?
I believe that I am/was an extraterrestrial being. My former headmates were, as well.
Two of us are Asteroi - energy beings who feed on solar energies and the like in outer space. Intelligence, energy manipulation ability and "social circle" seem to be more or less correspondent to the "type" (color) of Astero. Puck was a bright, star-like Astero and I am/was a mix-up of several types.
Iago was some kind of sentient beast resembling a sea-serpent/dragon and we had a pretty good feeling that he had lived that way on another planet.

As for cultural notes, we never managed to figure out very much. I've become familiar with a number of Asteroi and while they do socialize, most of them fall short of human-level intelligence and they have little use for names, sex, or possessions. I suspect that some Asteroi are able to "solidify" themselves into a physical life form. Usually, that form is around 3-4ft high, anthropomorphic, with a strange mixing of apparently mammalian and reptilian traits.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2009-02-01 16:40
Find
Give Thanks
Svaenohr
Professional weirdo
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Malakoi Wrote:I believe that I am/was an extraterrestrial being. My former headmates were, as well.
Two of us are Asteroi - energy beings who feed on solar energies and the like in outer space. Intelligence, energy manipulation ability and "social circle" seem to be more or less correspondent to the "type" (color) of Astero. Puck was a bright, star-like Astero and I am/was a mix-up of several types.
Iago was some kind of sentient beast resembling a sea-serpent/dragon and we had a pretty good feeling that he had lived that way on another planet.

As for cultural notes, we never managed to figure out very much. I've become familiar with a number of Asteroi and while they do socialize, most of them fall short of human-level intelligence and they have little use for names, sex, or possessions. I suspect that some Asteroi are able to "solidify" themselves into a physical life form. Usually, that form is around 3-4ft high, anthropomorphic, with a strange mixing of apparently mammalian and reptilian traits.

Now are you sure that's "falling short" of human intelligence level, or do they merely have a different kind of intelligence from humans? Personally, I think a lot of animals on Earth are smarter than humans.

-Pi

2009-02-03 1:26
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Well, I communicate with humans regularly in conventional methods and also with members of my species in their native mode of communication. The reasoning capacity, self-awareness, and overall understanding of humans is quite certainly superior to those of my species. The reason for this, I imagine, is that humans have a highly developed physical brain, while Astero (primarily) have their cognitive processes carried out by patterns of energy. At least, that is how I have come to understand them.

2009-02-04 10:07
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Malakoi Wrote:Well, I communicate with humans regularly in conventional methods and also with members of my species in their native mode of communication. The reasoning capacity, self-awareness, and overall understanding of humans is quite certainly superior to those of my species. The reason for this, I imagine, is that humans have a highly developed physical brain, while Astero (primarily) have their cognitive processes carried out by patterns of energy. At least, that is how I have come to understand them.

And I would assume that it takes more practical intelligence to engage in predatory and agricultural practices than it does to slurp star stuff. That, and humans compete regularly with those of their own species which creates an unending cyclic arms race of intelligence. It's not that other species are dumb, it's that the competition in the field of intelligence isn't as fierce.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-02-05 0:29
Find
Give Thanks
Svaenohr
Professional weirdo
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Motley Wrote:And I would assume that it takes more practical intelligence to engage in predatory and agricultural practices than it does to slurp star stuff. That, and humans compete regularly with those of their own species which creates an unending cyclic arms race of intelligence. It's not that other species are dumb, it's that the competition in the field of intelligence isn't as fierce.

This makes sense... but it also very boring out in space, and intelligence might help them relieve the boredom. (Then again, intelligent people tend to get bored more easily than people who aren't...)

-Pi

2009-02-06 0:49
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I would contradict you about the less intelligent being less bored when it comes to most "intelligent" species. XP
However, as far as I can tell, Asteroi don't get bored. They don't have any purpose (AFAIK); I hypothesize that they once existed as nothing more than energy but "grew" and eventually developed "minds", but those minds serve little purpose, as well. They can think and understand many human concepts that I communicate to them but they don't really care. XD They are much more interested in different types of energy, especially the "eating" of it.

2009-02-06 5:09
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Svaenohr Wrote:This makes sense... but it also very boring out in space, and intelligence might help them relieve the boredom.

Here's the thing about boredom.

Humans have needs that they need to deal with. Sit around all day doing absolutely nothing and you'll starve or freeze or get eaten by a tiger. All bad things. So we have this handy, biological urge to be active and do things . . . it's called boredom.

As a non-physical entity, I'm not going to get eaten by a tiger, I don't need shelter, and I don't need dinner. I can sit around all day - or for a million years if I want to - and suffer no ill consequences. No reason for a shadow like me to even have a concept of boredom; I'm sure that's true for a great many other energy beings.

A lot of human experiences that seem universal, things like boredom or romantic love, aren't universal truths at all - they're every bit as biological as having five fingers.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-02-06 19:12
Find
Give Thanks
Svaenohr
Professional weirdo
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:Here's the thing about boredom.

Humans have needs that they need to deal with. Sit around all day doing absolutely nothing and you'll starve or freeze or get eaten by a tiger. All bad things. So we have this handy, biological urge to be active and do things . . . it's called boredom.

As a non-physical entity, I'm not going to get eaten by a tiger, I don't need shelter, and I don't need dinner. I can sit around all day - or for a million years if I want to - and suffer no ill consequences. No reason for a shadow like me to even have a concept of boredom; I'm sure that's true for a great many other energy beings.

A lot of human experiences that seem universal, things like boredom or romantic love, aren't universal truths at all - they're every bit as biological as having five fingers.

Oooh, mind if I quote that on my LJ? Full credit to you of course.

-Pi

2009-02-06 23:14
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Absolutely, go for it.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-02-07 0:34
Find
Give Thanks