Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another's Dream?
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Another's Dream?
I was standing outside of my mother's room when my sister (five years my younger) came upstairs and began to discuss her dream. Throughout her dream, a sinking feeling of dread slowly came over me.

In it, she was with her friends and they went to the bus-stop, but the bus had already left. A man she didn't know offered her a ride, and she got in, thus being "kidnapped" (her interpretation). When she ran up to our parents' room afterward, she knocked and the door and cried out "Daddy!"

At this point, I knew what had happened and I glanced at my sister curiously when she said she didn't know the man. That had been me at the doorway in the dream, looking down at her as she explained what had happened, a little excited / frightened. But a moment later she looked at me and said "It was you, and you were older... but why did I call you Daddy?" I frowned at her. Indeed, I was a few years older -- 3 years, about -- in the dream, but then I ask her "what did I say to you?" because I had messed up and told her something I shouldn't have. She looked at me curiously again before saying "nothing, you just punched a guy".

Which is an incorrect ending. I had looked down at her with my cold eyes (and I feel mentioning that they were somehow darker, as well) and told her something I shouldn't have (though she wouldn't understand it) in the dream. I am relieved that she didn't remember it, personally, but am somewhat irritated by my participation in it.

Has this ever happened to you, though? I, personally, was not in her dream until the last moments (I did not dream her dream until near the end), and to screw up so royally...

~~~
2008-11-23 7:30
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Another's Dream?
Thankfully, I've never entered anyone else's dream--the craziest thing I ever did was read three people's energy.

It's a good thing she doesn't remember anything, for your sister anyway.

--Sarah

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-11-24 0:29
Find
Give Thanks
aeryael
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Nothing like that has every happened to me for what I remember, but I know somebody who had a similar experience. She went to tell her friend a dream she had with him, and he has had the same dream... I mean, one participating in the other's dream. One would finish the sentences of the other when talking about the dream, talking about the same places and everything, it was weird, they even cried while realizing what happened lol. It's the first and only time I've heard of someone who's had this experience...
It's weird that your sis called you Daddy and all, and that it was actually you on her dream. Did you come to any conclusion about that?

[Image: sig.jpg]

Deviantart: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://aeryael.deviantart.com">http://aeryael.deviantart.com</a><!-- m -->
Etsy store: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://orkideavioleta.etsy.com">http://orkideavioleta.etsy.com</a><!-- m -->
2008-12-02 2:53
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

aeryael Wrote:Nothing like that has every happened to me for what I remember, but I know somebody who had a similar experience. She went to tell her friend a dream she had with him, and he has had the same dream... I mean, one participating in the other's dream. One would finish the sentences of the other when talking about the dream, talking about the same places and everything, it was weird, they even cried while realizing what happened lol. It's the first and only time I've heard of someone who's had this experience...
It's weird that your sis called you Daddy and all, and that it was actually you on her dream. Did you come to any conclusion about that?

-shrug- "Daddy" is her step-dad, whereas I am the most reliable male figure in her life. In this case, I filled the "protector" role that was supposed to belong to her dad, and my appearance reflected that (a bit older, "manlier").

That's my guess, at least. It would explain why I "punched" the guy, at least.

I'm also questioning whether I was *supposed* to be there, in the first place. Perhaps I really wasn't, but situated myself in there because it was actually my sister's fault she got into that mess and she was simply running away from it and trying to get somebody else to handle it for her. Who knows? At the very least, the dream turned out how she wanted it to and not how it ended for me. -_-''

~~~
2008-12-02 23:35
Find
Give Thanks