Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels with Vampiric qualities
AbyssalSuccubus
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Angels with Vampiric qualities
I am of an angel type and I personally 'feed' in the psychic vampire sense. Also I am one who CANNOT be out in the sun for long. It makes me nauseous, burns my eyes, weakens my immune system, and quickly damages my skin. I recently came across another group online that stated the rarity and uniqueness of said condition, but I have been told by many friends that it is relatively common. I was wondering if there were any other Angels out there who share these similar qualities.
2009-05-08 23:32
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Angels with Vampiric qualities
AbyssalSuccubus Wrote:I am of an angel type and I personally 'feed' in the psychic vampire sense. Also I am one who CANNOT be out in the sun for long. It makes me nauseous, burns my eyes, weakens my immune system, and quickly damages my skin. I recently came across another group online that stated the rarity and uniqueness of said condition, but I have been told by many friends that it is relatively common. I was wondering if there were any other Angels out there who share these similar qualities.

Hey, welcome to OKP. But before you start posting away, please post an intro in the appropriate section so we can know some basics about you, thanks.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2009-05-08 23:38
Find
Give Thanks
HannaTrinity
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I'm no expert, far from it, but what you describe does not sound like an angel. What it sounds like is what one site calls an ageless or inheritor type of vampire though one that does not need blood to survive. I can give you the site if you wish.

[Image: hannabanner2.png]
^Made by Elinox^
2009-05-09 0:31
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

AbyssalSuccubus Wrote:I am of an angel type and I personally 'feed' in the psychic vampire sense.

I am neither an angel nor a vampire, but a great many angels of various kinds do say they have vampiric tendancies. The main theory seems to be that they have bindings to keep their energy under some form of restraint, and that in turn creates an energy deficit that requires them to feed.

Quote:Also I am one who CANNOT be out in the sun for long. It makes me nauseous, burns my eyes, weakens my immune system, and quickly damages my skin. I recently came across another group online that stated the rarity and uniqueness of said condition, but I have been told by many friends that it is relatively common. I was wondering if there were any other Angels out there who share these similar qualities.

I don't see what hypersensitivity to sunlight would have to do with angels, or for that matter with any kind of otherkin. There are various physical/medical disorders that can cause your symptoms, and (at the risk of stating the obvious) you really should consult with a doctor to get a specific diagnosis.

HannaTrinity Wrote:I'm no expert, far from it, but what you describe does not sound like an angel. What it sounds like is what one site calls an ageless or inheritor type of vampire though one that does not need blood to survive. I can give you the site if you wish.

Eh, I do not see why in the world you would think that energy feeding plus sensitivity to sunlight would imply "ageless or inheritor type of vampire". Even if such things exist outside of fiction, Abyssal's post only talks about psychic energy feeding (which is what it is), and physical symptoms on exposure to sunlight - which is likely explained by one of several medical conditions.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-05-09 1:16
Find
Give Thanks
HannaTrinity
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I said that I'm no expert, I just stated what I have read on another site. I do know there's medical conditions to explain the physical sensitivity to the sun. Of course it may be that those medical conditions are being part of an ageless or inheritor type vampire or the conditions gave rise to the myths of the ageless (classical) vampires.

I did not know that there were angels that needed to psychicly feed. I guess you learn something new everyday.

^Made by Elinox^
2009-05-09 1:27
Find
Give Thanks
Valamezar
Condordancer, Bannsänger, professional Nurse, Remote Viewer and Trainer of it, Webadmin and Artist (Singer, Painter and Writer)
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Wellll - the allergic reaction to sunlight at least points slightly into the classic Vampire-direction, isn't it?

As an Seraph I can tell from my own experience, that it is quite the other direction around. People always try to suck energy from me. Sometimes these attempts are so intense that I have to counteract, however this is quite seldom.

To me it always sound totally strange when angels say that they feed on energy. What is then the difference to an energetic Vampire? There are energetic Vampires around that are no angels at all.

If some people really see angels where others see only empty space, let them paint the angels. (John Ruskin, 1819 - 1900, english critic and writer)
2009-05-09 7:48
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I do feel that I personally drain energy from my surroundings. Some would call that energy vampirism, but in my theories which Archer briefly mentioned, there is a stark difference from Vampirism.

Vampirism is most often theorized to be the reaction of feeding off prana from any number of sources to counteract an energy deficiency.

I see the energy draining of an Angel to be more like an exhaust fan held over the Angel. The Angel has energy beyond the normal, and so as part of how an Angelic soul remains incarnated, there are measures to take out that extra energy, thus the bindings and wards I discuss in my article. Consider those to be an exhaust fan pulling out all the excess steam. The exhaust fan pulls from the Angel because it's centered over it, but also from all around it. I hope that makes sense, it is a fairly loose analogy.

As far as the sensitivity to the sun or the detrimental reactions to it. Those should be discussed with a medical professional, that is far more applicable. Otherkin is a non-physical phenomenon, whereas what you describe are physical symptoms.

Now it is not impossible or even uncommon (depending on who you ask) for an Incarnate Angel to be Vampiric. However I believe the conditions are unrelated to one another.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2009-05-09 17:14
Find
Give Thanks
Valamezar
Condordancer, Bannsänger, professional Nurse, Remote Viewer and Trainer of it, Webadmin and Artist (Singer, Painter and Writer)
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Well, this bindings-and-wards thing is something I doubt, not because angels are something strong in energy and all this, but in the logic itself.

I have read your Article some time ago and this particular detail is one I disagree out of simple logic: If angels are energetic as they are, those wards could feed of the angels energy and never would need anything external. Sounds pretty silly: Protecting a Powerhouse of energy with much less functioning and working human energy. I never would do that as one that lay on such bindings, simply because of the vast amount of energy available at hand. There is another reason why not: This resource is not reliable because often enough humans are not available or other things like this, like the energy itself which may be programmed, infected or something else that does not go well with strong magical bindings like that.

It is a total strange and weird idea to me that those binding would also need foreign energy to keep istelf up. Poorly crafted magic.

Also I have to add that human souls are also only a part of a Total Self that cannot incarnate into a human body at once. At least on this point there is no big difference. This was reported already back in the 70's and 80's by Robert Monroe in his famous works on OOBEs (he was the one coining the term OOBE first hand).

Of course I do not think that it is impossible for angels being vampiric - I rather have the impression that the explanation is something total different and yet undiscovered. First off, why not ALL angels and only a few? Those bindings would be necessary to all angels and not only a handful.

I do not encounter and know of such bindings in my case - I know that only a tiny fragment of myself sits here within this body.

If some people really see angels where others see only empty space, let them paint the angels. (John Ruskin, 1819 - 1900, english critic and writer)
2009-05-09 19:35
Find
Give Thanks
HannaTrinity
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I think I can explain what Terro meant. The bindings do not use an outside source of energy. What happens is the bindings draw the excess energy out of an incarnate angel. Doing this creates an energy vaccume and since nature abhors a vaccume surrounding energy is sucked in by the incarnate angel. Think of the bindings as a vaccume cleaner and the energy as air and I'm sure you'll understand.

^Made by Elinox^
2009-05-09 20:31
Find
Give Thanks
AbyssalSuccubus
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

When I wrote this post I was making reference to my friends who were Psychic Vampires and they were the ones who explained to me, so it could be a lack of information, misinformation, or a basic conflict of ideas. In any case the reason I posted the sunlight thing was because one of my friends who has long been in the energy worker community was saying that she knew a lot of psychic vampires who experienced the same symptoms. Now, it could be, perhaps, that it is a psychosomatic reaction to a belief that the sunlight is damaging to me, though I I frown on this for the length of my life sunlight has harmed me regardless of mental state. A medical condition really is one of the most plausible explanations, I was merely posting to see what people had to say.

The whole energy feeding thing I understood in this sense. Psychic Vampires either do not or can not produce adequate amounts of energy on their own and therefore must take in excess energy from those around them. Occasionally some of the more 'unethical' P.V.s may cause drama intentionally or take energy without asking. The most common way of feeding I have seen is where one negotiates with another before hand or takes in ambient excess energy that has seeped into high activity environments. I function in a similar way and so that is why my friends and I made that link.
2009-05-09 20:49
Find
Give Thanks