Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelic Jobs
Prince
Web designer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Angelic Jobs
Since many feel that each choir has to do with a specific job given, what do we think those jobs are? And also, for you angels/celestials what do you think your job was? Please feel free to add to the list, and I think descriptions would be a good thing too, we could eventually make a joint article out of this. Also as I'm thinking about it we should try to keep the jobs broad, as I know there are many angels of music, computer science, baking, knitting, and etc. Sub headings are fine too, like possible "voice of god" under the "messenger" category though that's kinda irrelevant as Metatron is the only one. But you get the idea. I will update things as new info comes.

A Short List of Possible angelic Jobs (and descriptions)

Contemplation -

Gatekeeper -

Guardian -

Law Keeper -

Messenger -

Secret Keeper -

Watcher -

Warrior -

---

I'm not entirely sure what my job was, though I think I'm on the right track. I was "The space between two horizons" and I get the feeling, for whatever reason, my job was to keep those horizons from crashing together. The two horizons were chalice like, the larger burden on top and the smaller one on bottom. I don't know what purpose these things served but once they were fixed in place I was able to have a rest. I'm not sure what kind of job that was but well I'm still working on it. So I'll reserve any sort of description on that job as I'm not sure if that was my true job or just a task I was asked to do at one point.

- Weavy ( oh snap!)
The space between two horizons...
2008-01-15 15:20
Find
Give Thanks
Ashaiel
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Angelic Jobs
I've heard "Librarian" as a sort of angelic job . . . somewhere. Can't remember where; but I think "librarians", if they exist, keep the records or something.

I'm pretty sure I had multiple "jobs" or "functions". I know I was something of a Warrior -- which is bizarre to me but makes sense at the same time; because while I hate wars and battles and fights, I can also inflict some good damage while fighting, both with words and with blows (for some value of "good", at least).

I was a choirgirl, too . . . *hides* An angel of music, but not the chief; that's Israfel, I believe.

As for other things . . . record- or "secret"-keeping sounds familiar to me, but that doesn't mean I actually did any of that; I may just have been close to somebody who did.

~ Ashaiel

Magnificat anima mea Dominum!
2008-01-15 21:02
Find
Give Thanks
elzebrook
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Angels who ferry/help/guide souls to and from the afterlife. Apparently the term used is psychopomp...

Vengance Angels. I don't think this job falls properly under the Warrior category...

As for me, Guardian is my main function, but it's more of an umbrella term for everything I do, and I pretty much do whatever needs to be done. I've been your typical Guardian, a Keeper of Secrets, an/the Angel of What Comes After (psychopomp) and sort of a Wreaker of Vengance...But only on those who really deserved it.

[Image: sig.jpg]
2008-01-15 23:33
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

There's Generals, too. For some reason, that's the only way that I can think of them. Basic leaders that make sure that things are getting done the way they should.

And echoing Ashaiel, keeping the records is extremely important. I also don't recall anybody who thought of themselves as secret keepers. The closest I can find is the record keepers. Secrets have a different twinge to them than records. Secrets are forbidden to utter. Knowledge is just important. And besides, there wouldn't be an entire choir of secret keepers anyways. As B. Franklin said: "Three men may keep a secret if two of them are dead."

If this turns out to be completely false, I was just trying to assist. For some reason, random knowledge of heaven shows up for me easier than nearly any other subject.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-01-15 23:47
Find
Give Thanks
Shade
Still a Wal-mart slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Quote:And echoing Ashaiel, keeping the records is extremely important. I also don't recall anybody who thought of themselves as secret keepers. The closest I can find is the record keepers. Secrets have a different twinge to them than records. Secrets are forbidden to utter. Knowledge is just important.
*raises hand* I was a secret keeper, when I was there. Not in the sense that I knew the secret, I just stood watch over it. (More explanation is possible if you all are confused) I think there was only me at that particular post, though. I don't know of any "choir" or group dedicated to a similar task. (Was a bit of a loner, always to be at the post)

“To his friends a man shall always remain a friend,
And return gift for gift;
Laughter for laughter let him return
And falsehood for lies.”
–Hávamál
2008-01-16 12:31
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Nihil and Aletheia are guns for hire. They work for whatever compatible god they're asked to, doing whatever they're asked to, as long as it helps to keep the universe in balance (or at least doesn't hurt). We don't know if this arrangement started after Nihil fell and stopped taking direct orders, or if it was always their job.

-Val

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-01-17 1:07
Find
Give Thanks
Prince
Web designer
Kintype:
Otherkin:

For some reason the word "Psychopomp" is making my eye twitch and my skin crawl. I think Ferryman would be a better term...sounds less "The Maxtrix-y"

- Weavy ( oh snap!)
The space between two horizons...
2008-01-17 1:33
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Prince Wrote:For some reason the word "Psychopomp" is making my eye twitch and my skin crawl. I think Ferryman would be a better term...sounds less "The Maxtrix-y"

Psychopomp makes me think of an angelic Liberace.

Don't ask me why. Just let the mental image unfold...

-Val

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-01-17 2:03
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Shade Wrote:Not in the sense that I knew the secret, I just stood watch over it. (More explanation is possible if you all are confused)
I am. Could you explain?

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-01-17 4:42
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

According to the generally accepted breakdown according to Summa Theologica, there are 9 Choirs of Angels. These nine Choirs are separated into three general wings:
The Angels of Contemplation: Angels of pure contemplation oversee the entire universe. They are solely concerned with manifestations of divine grace within Creation. They most often do not interact with mankind.
Choirs that make up the Angels of contemplation:

Seraphim: Considered the highest of the nine orders of Angels who serve as caretakers at the foot of God. The Seraphim communicate his decrees throughout Creation.

Cherubim: Existing just beyond the throne of the Creator they are the guardians of light and of the stars. they are characterized as keepers of knowledge and secrets both divine and Earthly.

Thrones: The Thrones are traditionally believed to bear the throne of the Creator. More to the point, the Thrones ponder the disposition of any Godly decree that is related to divine law and serve as the judge passing sentence upon the guilty.

The Angels of the Cosmos: These Choirs are charged with maintaining an orderly unification between the spiritual and corporeal universes.

Dominions: Dominions ferry messages and decrees from the Creator to the whole of the corporeal universe, they also serve to regulate the activities of the Angels below them.

Virtues: Virtues serve to distribute the spiritual energy from the realm of the Creator and the spiritual universes between there and the corporeal universes. The Virtues are most associated with the delivering of miracles.

Powers: Powers of the overseers of all the laws binding the physical realm. They act as Celestial enforcers as they maintain the Creator's order upon Creation. Powers also act as guardians in a more martial level patrol the borders of the spiritual universe in order to discourage any infiltration or aggression.

The Angels of Earth (taken a bit liberally, arguably this is more of the Angels of the corporeal reality): These Angels while residing primarily within the plane of Heavenly spirituality, are intricately involved in the affairs of the corporeal universe. Their involvement directly in matters of mankind make these three orders responsible with tasks such as revelation, diplomacy and retribution.

Principalities: Principalities are said to be the inspiration for organization of mankind and bring about structure to the abstract so as to allow beings to press the boundaries of corporeality.

Archangels: Archangels being the best known of the Choirs is charged with delivering and carrying out the will of the Creator.

Angels: The Angels exist to protect the individual beings of the corporeal universe.

This is a more doctrinal answer to the question, I'll take my time to make another post with where I differ from what is largely accepted doctrine.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-01-17 5:16
Find
Give Thanks