Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelic Families
jonesbeachchick
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Angelic Families
Angelic mothers and births were discussed and it got me thinking, and I have angelic 'memories' a friend of mine who had a wife and kids, I don't remember having a family but I do 'remember' the term little sister ( and little brother) used a lot, do you think it was used for actual siblings? Or more like, we are all children of God (the father/mother) so we are all brother and sister? (if so did it go by choir?) What do you remember of your families (if you had them)?
2008-04-09 2:39
Find
Give Thanks
Ashaiel
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Angelic Families
I had a twin brother, and he had two children.

"Brother" and "sister" could have been used for actual siblings, or it could have been used for others of one's same choir. Those of different choirs, as far as I know, tended to call each other "cousin" -- though I'm not entirely sure that's correct. If that is the case, it got really interesting when angels were in more than one choir; for example, I was in two that I know of, and some angels got confused as to what they should have called me.

~ Ashaiel

Magnificat anima mea Dominum!
2008-04-09 5:46
Find
Give Thanks
jonesbeachchick
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Ashaiel Wrote:I had a twin brother, and he had two children.

"Brother" and "sister" could have been used for actual siblings, or it could have been used for others of one's same choir. Those of different choirs, as far as I know, tended to call each other "cousin" -- though I'm not entirely sure that's correct. If that is the case, it got really interesting when angels were in more than one choir; for example, I was in two that I know of, and some angels got confused as to what they should have called me.

~ Ashaiel

I was going to bring up 'cousin' but the term itself doesn't seem right. I remeber learing in anthropology about tribes that would call everyone in their generation, in their tribe (sometimes on just one side of the family) a familial term like cousin I think it was more like that.
2008-04-09 12:24
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I have always felt that all Angels in my choir are my Brothers and Sisters, and any Angel not in my choir are cousins.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-04-09 15:25
Find
Give Thanks
elzebrook
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I was never in a choir, but I do remember being called little sister by various people who weren't my siblings. It was more an endearment.

[Image: sig.jpg]
2008-04-10 0:58
Find
Give Thanks
Veritas
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

elzebrook Wrote:I was never in a choir, but I do remember being called little sister by various people who weren't my siblings. It was more an endearment.
I remember a similar sentiment myself.

[Image: veritasbanner.png]
2008-04-10 4:08
Find
Give Thanks
misha tia
Biophysical researcher
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I know of at least two angel that called each other 'brother' that were neither of the same chior or parents (well neither were born that is). In their case, it was a term born of comradeship (I believe it involved fighting a mutual enemy). Also one of their mates referred to the other as brother as well but there is something like '-in-law" implied in her use. Other than this case, I would agree with Ashaiel.

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called Research." -A. Einstein
2008-04-10 13:30
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I don't recall having any family and fell for falling in love...

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-04-11 18:29
Find
Give Thanks
misha tia
Biophysical researcher
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Seraphyna Wrote:I don't recall having any family and fell for falling in love...
Actuallyl the three i referred to above are all fallen angels, so that would lead me to believe both side use the terms. (Not that your point isn't valid, but I just thought I should mention that.)

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called Research." -A. Einstein
2008-04-11 19:50
Find
Give Thanks