Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelic Choirs
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Angelic Choirs
How do you view them specifically, as well as how they are ranked? And (if relevant) as an angelic otherkin where do you view yourself amongst these ranks?

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-01-13 0:20
Find
Give Thanks
Ashaiel
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Angelic Choirs
Well, I'm definitely a cherub, of the cherubim.

As for ranks, I really don't believe that the different choirs were "ranked" above or below each other -- meaning that I don't believe seraphim are "above" cherubim in any way, or that ophanim are "below" cherubim. They're more like job descriptions, in my opinion; I could be wrong.

However, there were definitely "ranks" of some sort. Seniority counted -- things like age and experience and whatnot. Some angels were created for a specific purpose, and did nothing but; from what I've read, however, promotions were definitely possible.

I could be wrong, of course, on all of these counts; it's just what I've read and remembered.

~ Ashaiel

Magnificat anima mea Dominum!
2008-01-13 1:47
Find
Give Thanks
Sahra
College Student, Bartender
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I believe there are multiple Heavens (in the sense of a slight variant on Heaven for each set of religions beliefs, all of them layered over one another, stemming from a "core" Heaven) and the Heaven that I'm from didn't have choirs or ranking. Angels had different jobs and that job defined them and their abilities, but there was no sense of hierarchy. Our equivalent of "Archangels" were simply angels whose jobs happened to be organizing other angels.

"Someday after we have mastered the winds, the waves, and gravity, we will harness for God the energies of love; and then for a second time in the history of the world, human beings will have discovered fire." - Teilhard de Chardin
2008-01-13 1:58
Find
Give Thanks
Qarael
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

There's not much in the way of actual rank, really... nothing explicit, anyhow. Respect and highness is something not spoken, but simply recognized.

I'm somewhat disinclined to say that choirs are nothing more than job descriptions... I don't feel that "Power" defines what I do, but what I am. But it is somewhat accurate, I think... choirs being a broad description of job class, with other, better defined specializations. You have a choir called Doctors... cool beans. What's this doctor do? Oh, he's a Gastroenterologist. That's similar to saying I'm a Guardian and Destroyer of the Powers choir, I guess?

[Image: qbanner.jpg]
2008-01-13 3:16
Find
Give Thanks
Angel Apprentice
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I was a cherub before I fell, I suppose, before new information comes in to prove the other way.
2008-01-14 14:35
Find
Give Thanks
Ashaiel
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Angel Apprentice Wrote:I was a cherub before I fell, I suppose, before new information comes in to prove the other way.

You know, the Club des Cherubs is always willing to bring in new members . . . *coughs*

It's a silly little thing, really, but it would be fun! You could be our secretary . . . or . . . something.

~ Ashaiel

Magnificat anima mea Dominum!
2008-01-14 21:09
Find
Give Thanks