Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angel confusion...
AngelXxIncarnate
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Angel confusion...
Okay, so my two friends and I recently discovered at the same time that we were Angelic Incarnates.
We've been having this horrible feeling that something bad is about to happen.
We've tried everything to figure out what it is we're feeling, because it's gotten so bad that we feel like we're in a daze the whole day and our wings are on fire.
Lately we've resorted to using a Ouija board and casting protection circles at night, because it's gotten so bad.
We used the Ouija board in my friends room and found out that four of the Arch Angels are watching over us and we were speaking to Michael.
He told my friends and I that Cory and I were incarnated into human bodies as a punishment because we hated the human race and needed to learn to love them. My friend Madison was sent here to look after Cory, because he's her soulmate (they're dating).
Michael proceeded to tell us that we were going to get our wings back, that they would be physical and seen by everyone. He said we were going to get them back because we needed to be prepared for an apocalypse/war that is supposed to occur in September.
Now, I know Ouija boars lie, which is why I didn't believe any of this stuff at first, even though my gut was telling me all of this was right. However, that night I had a dream about talking to Michael and he told me all the same things. I know my false dreams from my real dreams because in my false dreams I can control and manipulate them.

Buuuuut anyway, I was just wondering what your guys's thoughts were and if you had been having the same feelings my friends and I were having too?
2011-04-23 22:08
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Angel confusion...
First off, please make sure to read the forum rules and post an intro down in the introductions forum.

Second, I'll copy paste what I said on OKC here:
I think that you should take that with a heaping mountain of salt. Ouija boards can and will contact anything wanting to make itself known and that anything can and will say whatever it thinks you want to hear. You won't ever have physical wings...humans simply don't have the DNA or the anatomy for it. As for the apocalypse...I think we've survived 5 of those this year alone *shrug*. I'm angel-kin and I can honestly say I have no sense of foreboding.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2011-04-23 22:47
Find
Give Thanks
boyd
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I feel immense doubt about all of that. As for becoming physically winged.......nope. 100% disbelieve it will happen. It sucks, because it would be verrrrrry kool, but.......nope. I advise you do not trust ouija boards, they're mainly just troublesome devices, I rarely hear good things about them. I used one once with a friend, a message came out saying "jokers we act". After that we started noticing that there were two creatures within both of our dreams that would psychically attack and drain us......it didn't seem to do any major damage in the long run and they seem to have moved on, but it was a disturbing event (especially when they would bring up images of my family being harmed by them during dreams and having them laugh). My friend swears at one point whilst trying to astrally project to try to meet them on their level he was kicked half a foot into the air whilst in his bed. Don't trust ouija boards, if you must go about contacting spirits, I would advise you try to do so through more controlled mediums (spirits using ouija boards rarely reveal their identities, and remember that telepathic abilities are more natural to them than to us, and they can learn things about you without you telling them if you do not shield properly). As Seraphyna said, throw this experience into a barrell of salt, and then analyze it.
2011-04-25 23:02
Find
Give Thanks
thetwins
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Have you ever read a book, or watched a movie, or played a video game and had elements from that show up in your dreams? In the portions that you can't control? To me there is no difference between that and having something from a session with an ouija board showing up. It in and of itself means nothing to us. Especially if the message is one we would consider to be less than credible at the best of times.
We also tend to treat the bulk of what happens in dreams as being meaningless symbol rehashing, even if or when it has a linear story to it. Which isn't to say there aren't dreams that have portent and meaning but that to us control over would not be a delimiter between the two. Course if you don't believe that your real dreams are also true dreams that becomes rather moot.

Sha'de

[Image: thetwinsbanner.png]
2011-05-07 5:49
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Muhammed thought the angel Gabriel was talking to him, I'm not sure it was....

Winged Humanoids: judea/christian angels were not winged humanoids.

Kherubim: Animal Chimeras
Seraphim: Fiery/shiny serpentine things with six wings

The remaining manifestations of heavenly beings from this system have them simply appearing in a human form. Like the "men" that came to Lot.
2011-06-26 22:42
Find
Give Thanks
boyd
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Very astute, Acta non Verba. One thing I would like to add to that is that the cherubim and the seraphim are not the only classes of angel; any attempt to classify angels was not brought forth until Medieval times. The quote "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy" is the way I like to take the "angel" thing.
The Abrahamic texts more or less seem to consist of humans recording stuff that YHWH blasts their perceptions with, as He flings them helplessly about in a puppet-show that they have no conception or understanding of. "OK! I SAW AN ANGEL WITH A LION FACE, AND A BUFFALO FACE, AND WINGS AND WHEELS, AND THEN THERE WERE THESE FLYING SNAKE THINGS, AND THEN GOD TOLD ME TO WRITE SOMETHING DOWN, SO I DID, AND THEN..." If the same experiences were to happen to a person today (if they're not 100% fiction), who knows what they would describe. I suspect it would sound like a very different experience if a person were subjected to it in modern times.
Imo, people need to stop listening to other peoples' interpretations of these texts and to start looking into them themselves (or at the very least, investigate the origins of the interpretations they follow). These are ancient texts, and a great deal of random folklore has been tacked onto them that would baffle the original authors (such as the cherubim being fat babies descended from a warped pagan god of love) The image of a Led-Zeppelin-esque man-with-wings angel might start to fade then.
2011-06-28 4:52
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Imo, people need to stop listening to other peoples' interpretations of these texts and to start looking into them themselves

Indeed, which is why I have concluded that Ezekiel saw a chariot. it was a platform held up by a frame of four kherubim, with the faces, that went about on wheels of flame. It's actually common near east iconography.
2011-06-30 17:21
Find
Give Thanks