Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An ideal metal for energy work?
Elvanos
Deatdealing, reaping... the usuall...
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

An ideal metal for energy work?
Say... if you people were to use some kind of metal for whatever crazy energy experiment you wanted to do.. Which one would you pick and why? Gold? Silver? Platinum? Steel? Something entierly different?
2011-03-21 12:06
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: An ideal metal for energy work?
I assume it's like most magical workings in that it should be tailored to the individual. For myself personally, I like silver over gold so if I needed to use metal in an energy working I'd tend to gravitate to that first just because of personal preference. However, it would also depend on the type of energy work I was doing and the desired end result. For a simple example, if I wanted to put energy into trying to get more money, gold would probably be my first choice over silver.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2011-03-21 13:23
Find
Give Thanks
Elvanos
Deatdealing, reaping... the usuall...
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Right... you got a point: Some more details here: I want a metal that wont have a problem with long lasting energy constructs bound to it and that can work well as an energy link from astral or to astral... also something that will be able to withstand a LOT of energy for long periods of time.
2011-03-21 16:15
Find
Give Thanks
Dreaming
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

If you want it to last long, gold is nice but dents easily as it's actually really soft. I like Pewter for these kinds of workings, as it's easy to find a pewtersmith that's willing to shape the metal into a small statuette or amulet. Pewter also isn't too heavy if the item it's that large--though some just don't like to use it. Silver is nice, not as soft as gold and I personally love white/gray/silver over yellow/gold.

However, it's all about what YOU want! Maybe you'll find a strip of metal in a shop nearby that you just feel automatically drawn to, or maybe you'll make something yourself out of tin or aluminum! : 3 It's all about what you feel comfortable working with, because I'm guessing you'll be the only one working with it. -nod-

Edit: I personally am over Psychodrama--so if you're the type of person to look up a guide on what colors work well with what metals on what days/phases of the moon, then feel free to ignore me! I work better by going on personal instinct that following someone else's BoS.

[Image: 3401621.gif][Image: 3291783.gif][Image: 3291772.gif][Image: 3381443.gif]
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://faedland.myminicity.com/">http://faedland.myminicity.com/</a><!-- m -->
2011-03-21 20:48
Find
Give Thanks
Estelore
piano instructor, university student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I personally prefer steel and "human-modified" metals (includes bronze, brass, amalgams and galvanized/plated stuff, etc.) over "natural" metals with a low level of dilution (gold, cast iron, non-currency copper, silver, nickel, aluminium).

The way I see it, steel is more-or-less the ideal example of a metal that is easily obtainable, malleable, strong, and capable of being subjected to an array of conditions before it loses structural integrity and quality.
I consider white gold to be "human-modified" more than yellow gold, since it's rhodium-plated and not pure gold. My engagement ring is lab-created emerald in white gold; my pocket knife is steel. Those are two things that never leave contact with my person, so I regard them as holding a charge for me better than other objects, as much out of familiarity as materials.

*shrug*

[Image: Full%2Bsystem%2Brearranged.png]
--Total--Rosie--Gale--Ax------Es-Asher-Chunes--Lor-Cade-Ruby--Leo--Crow-Kirke-Teia-
2011-03-21 23:24
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Rhodium
2011-03-23 0:58
Find
Give Thanks
Pyewacket
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

It depends on what it is that you're doing, but I usually use silver. : )
2011-03-23 13:57
Find
Give Thanks