Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Untitled Work
Rusala
Varies from time to time....
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

An Untitled Work
I'm not sure what to call this thread and am convinced it is a horrible idea to even begin this thread but I guess the thought that someone might have a new insight on this matter drives me to post this. If you feel it is a misplaced post, I chose the 'Other/Mixed' forum since that is where I fall under. What I am referring to is my own Otherkin side. You see, to explain, I am a hybrid, a creation blending two different creatures. More specifically speaking, A Water Dragon and a human being.

This blending was not the cause of some mating between two torn lovers. Nor was it a an attempt at creating some super race of creatures or some self sacrificing hero to save this or any world. I am an experiment to see if it was possible to blend a human and dragon and am the 16th attempt for the Water Dragon. The history and why I was created is still very unclear but what IS clear is that my time here and now is to prepare me to be ready for the purpose I am to serve. I guess, with that, I'll be glad to open the door to many questions but I just ask people to be respectful about this, it's not something I can talk about easily since I do realize just how ridiculous some of this stuff will sound to others.

"A dragon's wisdom is free but for the respect you pay in asking for it."
"Rak'Shakti unterra aktin" -Personal Quotes
2008-03-05 1:43
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: An Untitled Work
Who was it that designed/started the experiment that created you?

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-05 2:09
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Thank you for your willingness to share something so personal about yourself.
I'll try to be gental:

Do you believe that this experiment happened to you in a past life that you lived or that your very soul is the product of that experiment and is reincarnated this time around?

Also, what aspects of dragon and human do you possess that make you certain that you are both as opposed to a human who feels they have aspects of a water dragon (thus implying the preexisting human attributes)?

Another one, what caused you to come to this conclusion?

As well as: do you feel your incubating now in your human body this life for what later may occur? I find it old to go threw all that work to make an experiment thats just gonna run off and reincarnate away from the lab.

I can see how to nature of this topic might work in the "Hot Seat" thread but i also see it working in "/Mixed" so i don't see a need to move it as of yet.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-03-05 2:19
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

chaitea Wrote:I can see how to nature of this topic might work in the "Hot Seat" thread but i also see it working in "/Mixed" so i don't see a need to move it as of yet.

Besides, the hot seat's a little crowded. It's better for there to be a seperate thread in this case.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-05 2:30
Find
Give Thanks
Rusala
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Deros Wrote:Who was it that designed/started the experiment that created you?

Well, the simplest explanation is the one I refer to as 'my goddess'. I use the title because I've seen her adopt several different forms when she has approached me in my meditations or sleep and has demonstrated a level of knowledge of myself among other topics which far exceeds anything a mortal such as myself would know.

chaitea Wrote:Thank you for your willingness to share something so personal about yourself.
I'll try to be gentle:

Do you believe that this experiment happened to you in a past life that you lived or that your very soul is the product of that experiment and is reincarnated this time around?

Also, what aspects of dragon and human do you possess that make you certain that you are both as opposed to a human who feels they have aspects of a water dragon (thus implying the preexisting human attributes)?

Another one, what caused you to come to this conclusion?

As well as: do you feel your incubating now in your human body this life for what later may occur? I find it old to go threw all that work to make an experiment thats just gonna run off and reincarnate away from the lab.

To start off, my soul is a mixture of two souls. One was a human being who was had the memories of the past cut away and the living Water Dragon whose soul I am gradually consuming over time. So, the actual creation of my soul wasn't completed before I was 'reincarnated'.

Hmm...there are countless small attributes and quirks (I can't think of a better word to describe them) that remind me all the time I'm human. So, honestly, I feel it's the other way around. I feel like a dragon who has to remind himself he's human. I don't think there's a single contributing factor that overwhelms the others.

As far as what caused me to come to this conclusion is whenever I meditated I saw this strange body instead of my human one because the image of my 'hybrid body' is burned into my soul

Yes, I am incubating because an infant-like hybrid wouldn't be useful so I needed the experience and this was the safest place for me to grow. There were a variety of reasons given by my goddess but that is the general sense.

2008-03-05 7:40
Find
Give Thanks
RosaleenBan
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I'm really quite curious about idea of an experiment like this - I've never heard of anything like it. How long have you been awakened - I know that if you've been awake forever, some of my questions may sound a bit amiss, so please don't take them personally. I'm just curious.

Rusala Wrote:Hmm...there are countless small attributes and quirks (I can't think of a better word to describe them) that remind me all the time I'm human. So, honestly, I feel it's the other way around. I feel like a dragon who has to remind himself he's human. I don't think there's a single contributing factor that overwhelms the others.

Could you "Feel like a dragon who has to remind himself he's human" because you are a dragon in a human body? I would imagine that's how most dragon-kin feel - it's certainly how this gryphon-kin feels sometimes. I know I look at my hands sometimes very surprised to see that I have fingers instead of talons, or I snap my beak only to discover I have teeth. It's something to think about, especially if you're still awakening.

I'm also curious about the "safest place to grow." Maybe it's because I'm a jaded cynic, but being a human - especially a human with a dragonic soul - doesn't seem like the safest thing to be in our world. Though I suppose if you can survive that, then you know the experiment's a success.
2008-03-08 4:02
Find
Give Thanks
Rusala
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

RosaleenBan Wrote:Could you "Feel like a dragon who has to remind himself he's human" because you are a dragon in a human body? I would imagine that's how most dragon-kin feel - it's certainly how this gryphon-kin feels sometimes. I know I look at my hands sometimes very surprised to see that I have fingers instead of talons, or I snap my beak only to discover I have teeth. It's something to think about, especially if you're still awakening.

I'm also curious about the "safest place to grow." Maybe it's because I'm a jaded cynic, but being a human - especially a human with a dragonic soul - doesn't seem like the safest thing to be in our world. Though I suppose if you can survive that, then you know the experiment's a success.

Well, it's not just my physical features so much as my mental status in addition to the common 'phantom limb' sort of syndrome common among otherkin. I am not sure how to describe it but think of it like this. Among my dragons (I use the phrase 'my dragons' since I am convinced there have been countless 'races' of dragons throughout time. The generally thought of form is probably one used because it does gain a certain amount of respect with just their presence.) ownership is not an issue unless two dragons are hunting the same prey so the way ownership is in modern society unsettles me a bit. If you'd like, I can expand a bit more but it's just the way humans approach things about a society seem so convoluted to me.

Well, true. I've been in more fights in my lifetime than most and it may very well be simply because of my soul but this world is far safer than you would like to think. The place where my dragons live, there are creatures that can prey on even a full grown dragon. Not to mention that there are countless threats there from enemies of her. This world, for one reason or another, is a sort of 'neutral territory' where my soul has been given the time it needs to become strong enough to defend myself. Though I have been attacked physically and spiritually I have found them as training to help me grow.

Feel free to ask anything else. I hope this helped.

2008-03-09 8:16
Find
Give Thanks
Shailla
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Is this first incarnation to human body? (Well, probably yes, but I just have to ask to be sure Confused)
What if your body dies here and you won't be strong enought? Will you incarnate again?
~Will

"Oh look I have wings on my back!"
"So.., does it mean you can fly?"
"I- I don't know.."
2008-03-21 18:19
Find
Give Thanks
Rusala
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Shailla Wrote:Is this first incarnation to human body? (Well, probably yes, but I just have to ask to be sure Confused)
What if your body dies here and you won't be strong enought? Will you incarnate again?
~Will

As this experimental soul, yes this is my first incarnation. I am somewhat aware of a few past human lives though most of that was erased.

If my body is killed now, I will be put to the final test of my abilities and if I succeed my predecesor (The dragon whose life I am slowly being fused with) I will take his place. Of course, that final test requires me to kill him or have my soul destroyed like the previous experiments. It's one of those do or die deals.

2008-03-23 7:01
Find
Give Thanks
Shailla
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Rusala Wrote:If my body is killed now, I will be put to the final test of my abilities and if I succeed my predecesor (The dragon whose life I am slowly being fused with) I will take his place.
I'm sorry, I'm probably pretty dumb but I don't understand it now. Does it mean, that if you suceed then that dragon will die and there will be only you? And if you fail, then you will die and there will be only that dragon? And they will probably fuse him with another human? But if you success and there will be only you and not that dragon, what will change?
I'm not sure that I ask in a proper way. And excuse us if we're asking personal or stupid things.
~Taija & Will

"Oh look I have wings on my back!"
"So.., does it mean you can fly?"
"I- I don't know.."
2008-03-24 1:17
Find
Give Thanks