Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Exercise (not too much of a descriptive title)
momo
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

An Exercise (not too much of a descriptive title)
I'd got this idea from a LiveJournal community Lishie/I are part of (fragmentedminds) and I thought I'd take it to here for a discussion.

You have a class of people, and as a group exercise you wish to show them what it is like to be multiple/median. How would you go about doing such an exercise?

Personally (if I was to teach someone of our situation) I would:

- Get two, four, six or more volunteers to pair up, and connect them by tying the ankle of one person to the other partner's with rope (like one would go about in a three-legged race). There's a small length of rope between the pair so there can be a little distance, but not too much.
- One partner is 'A' and is 'the core' - the one who has a final say in what the couple do. The other person is 'B', but still has his/her own strength and personality.
- As a class, give the couple/s a situation; for example, someone said something impolite or nasty. 'A', the 'core' is trying to think what to do, but 'B' continually suggests possible solutions that 'A' may not want to follow.
- 6 hours, together. Yes, including going to the bathroom, and breaktimes/lunchtimes (I'm not cruel enough to say '24 hours together' - and that'd be quite inaccurate, as I do 'go to sleep' or become unconscious. Lishie always is the one to stay conscious). Either partner can rest, or not pay attention to the surroundings around them, but only ONE partner can do that at a time. If 'B' is resting, 'A' has to stay alert.

That is ... the closest I can come up with for our situation. Maybe Lishie will think differently, if so she may make her own response. *shrug*

What would you do?

- Blake

Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
[Image: momobanner2ok0.png]
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
2008-05-18 12:09
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: An Exercise (not too much of a descriptive title)
I'd get a camera/headset combo, fit it to five different people, and have four of the people stay at home watching the cameras and giving advice to the person actually living. Then you don't actually have to drag persons B-C-D-E when they fall asleep.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-05-18 15:37
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Wow, I guess y'all have a very different ex[erience of nbeong multiple than I do.

Fiesr of all netiher of the above suggestions even come close to replicating my life, second of all if I try to fit into that paradign, I'm not a person with others tied to me. Say might be and my other half might be, but "I" am the product of that tying; not an individual part of same.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-05-18 15:48
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I’m not technically in your situation now, though I have experienced something like it when I first went threw my awakening.

So from that experience, I’d go about teaching this sort of class by having 1-4 different voices recorded onto a cd, each suggesting something different in their own unique manner. Sometimes going all at once, other times just one or a few at a time. And at some points just have sweet silence.
I’d then get the participants to wear portable players and have this soundtrack going while asking them to perform various tasks.

And if I really had a lot of planning time and was remotely coordinate it, I’d try and time it so what the voices said corresponding in time to the activity I was trying to have the participants perform.

While I feel this is lacking in interaction one can have with the voices (since they don’t really argue back or can even hold a conversation) it has the nice touch of the participant not being able to shut them up, or have any control over them or what they happen to be saying. Their wishes and responses are completely ignored.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-05-18 21:04
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

This applies to our system specifically and may not be representative of anyone else's.

Nominate one person to be the body. Preferably, everyone gets an opportunity to be the body. Get a helper to assist the actual system members - that is, everyone else in the group.

The helper has a list of triggers for each system member. If the exercise lasts more than a couple of hours, the helper also has a list of random times to declare a switch and a method of randomly choosing a new frontrunner.

The frontrunner tells the body what to do. The body is not to pull any shenanigans like doing only what the frontrunner says literally; it's just a vessel for the commands and should understand. (If not, asking for clarification is all right.) If a strong trigger is encountered, the frontrunner seems to be getting fatigued or distracted, or the frontrunner's time is declared up, the frontrunner is told to stop and a new frontrunner comes in. If a weaker trigger is encountered or a "lightning round" occurs (this should happen at least once in a moderately complicated situation), someone else is "woken up" in addition to the prior frontrunner and they work together. They may have to agree on actions, if co-running, or the new person may just be riding shotgun and making commentary while the old frontrunner continues having sole control.

Preferably this would last for a full day in which the system either has real-life-type goals to accomplish or is told to go out and "have fun." (Ideally, the system members should have different ideas of fun. A lightning round while trying to decide on a movie to watch would be one good example.) Either way, interaction with outsiders is a must.

-S'aryn

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-08-03 6:13
Find
Give Thanks