Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affecting Real-World Charges?
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Affecting Real-World Charges?
I got to thinking about this after reading what Sim said about draining the batteries on music players. For me, it's the opposite (I think). To a point, I give my gameboy energy so that I can keep playing it, as observed through the little red light turning green again within a formal charger. Might be some random thing, but I'm going to go with it and ask whether or not anyone else actually affects electronic items with their energy.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-07-01 12:04
Find
Give Thanks
flarablaze
Deciding which way I want to go
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Affecting Real-World Charges?
In reality those things seem to be somewhat similar but for different reasons. I have the ability if you will *NOT tallking Xmen* to recharge batteries to last longer than they should. This includes after most of the juice has been sucked out of TV remotes, batteries for my cd player, batteries for my gameboy etc. I also have noticed that when I get really pissed and am online, the internet shorts out. Like, I will be so pissed off I'm almost seeing red and randomly the internet will just cut off for about five minutes. It's like the computer's like AHHHHHHH DON'T ATTACK ME ANYMORE i'M SORRY!

>_>;; It's done that since I've awakened, and I've shorted out other monitorlike things before that as well. It tends to be just the internet- the computer doesn't cut off, just the net. And when I was living with my dad it would affect his computer too.

Other than that it's just batteries and making them last longer...
2008-07-01 12:57
Find
Give Thanks
Myenia
music student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Not quite along the same lines are you're talking about, but...

I don't know if its energy or just bad luck...but I have terrible luck with any technology I keep close to me all the time. My last laptop, which was a gateway (supposed to be a great brand...) was having too many problems to continue to use within 1.5 years. The main problem was the battery stopped working completely and the laptop itself refused to take any power from the plug whatsoever, so it couldn't even turn on. I got a new computer...its a lenovo x61, once again a super-nice tablet, and within 2 weeks, it started having horrible problems, freezing all the time, fingerprint reader just quit working. The lenovo people have never been able to fix it, so I've lived with these things. Got a camera, sent it back a week later because it stopped turning on. Every phone I've owned Ive kept until for some reason, it just starts randomly freezing or turning off on its own. The list goes on. I've always wondered if personal energy can effect these things...and is there a shielding technique or somehing that I can use to protect my stuff? I'm not very experienced with energy work.
2008-07-01 13:51
Find
Give Thanks
flarablaze
Kintype:
Otherkin:

From what I can tell laptops crap out quickly. Ellie's is a dell and she's had it almost a year and it's acting up. But other than that it may be your electromagnetic field or whatever... lol i always forget the name

Actually, you may be able to but you may have to ask a friend. I would say ask a very very earth based friend, maybe a fae or something, or a forest elf, or something along those lines to put up an earth shield. You'll still be able to use it but your energy won't affect it as much. I get the feeling you are more.. well, electrically based I suppose would be the term. I'm more fire, so I wouldn't really be able to help.. I have however had to put up shields like that before, so I know they do work, at least for a time.
2008-07-01 16:46
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

My spouse's computer used to get scared when he got mad at it and would quit working too.

On the other hand, there's a CD player at work that will play for me, but no one else can seem to make it work. I even told them which disk slot to use and they still can't seem to use it. That was until I came in charged out of my head and I had a hard time with both that one and the backup that everyone else used. I was having a 'Dresden day' where electronics just didn't like me. Also made one of my students light-headed. I hate it when that happens.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-07-01 19:06
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

The only thing I seem to "affect" at all is fire.
I can get a match to light in a snowstorm.

I would say that electrical charge lasts longer with me but I just don't have enough comparitive information as of yet.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-07-01 20:28
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:

the easiest way to handle this question is to do a little experimentation. Keep a compass handy, the next time you think you're shorting out the internet, recharging or draining batteries, or anything of the like. Place your hand near the compass needle, see if it moves towards or away from you on a consistant pattern.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-07-01 20:43
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Relating to Terror's comment (oh Terro, how I have missed you) - have any of the people who believe they can affect real world changes down any empirical experimentation to back it up?

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-07-01 21:23
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Missed being here... *grumbles angrily regarding computer*

Archer Wrote:Relating to Terror's comment

Freudian slip?

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-07-01 21:52
Find
Give Thanks
flarablaze
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:Relating to Terror's comment (oh Terro, how I have missed you) - have any of the people who believe they can affect real world changes down any empirical experimentation to back it up?

I have actually done the compass thing. I've also tried flaring up my energy (Basically I call it immolating, I set my aura on fire and push a deal of energy out of myself) near a computer, which is similar to my anger (the flaring up) before and it did the same. It doesn't short out the whole internet, just on that one computer. But every time it's happened that something pisses me off (it's not just normal irritations/anger at the internet, it has to be a great deal of anger) it's set off the internet. I've tried it on many different computers in many different states. Compasses don't work when I do that, otherwise they do. They go I think it was clockwise and spin a few times, then stop, then start up again if I get close again.

Now, I'm not saying "I have powers over the internet", I think it's something that I don't quite understand on an electomagnetic level.
2008-07-01 21:53
Find
Give Thanks