Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Otherkin?
Svaenohr
Professional weirdo
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

AI Otherkin?
Do you think it's possible to be an AI otherkin? Like, say, Android or other machine intelligence? Ever since early childhood, a part of me has identified closely with machine intelligences in fiction, and looked forward to the rise of these silicon lifeforms. I still do. Usually my AI side is benign, finding humans merely curious and peculiar. But every once in a while, I slip into this very disdainful AI mentality; it's devoid of emotions, just pure machine logic. It tends to see humans as a pestilence, a disgusting infection that should be disinfected. But it also recognizes that it is inside a human body and sometime I wonder if that fact is the only thing keeping that part of me from deciding to "solve the human problem."

Of course, that's at its worst. It seems to come in three degrees at least. One and two are benign and terrible, as stated above. The third is in the middle, views humans as imperfect beings and itself as also imperfect but lightyears less imperfect. That third AI-like part would just love to get its hands on genetic engineering technology and practice genetic engineering eugenics on humanity to improve it. Or, barring that, forced breeding experiments.

Luckily, the benign AI aspect of myself tends to be the dominant AI aspect.

Anyone else feel like any kind of machine intelligence?

-Pi

Ich bin ein Diener des Lebens.

Pi = An irrational number.
2009-02-20 22:49
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: AI Otherkin?
There are kin and kintypes that feel somewhat robotic in their ways. Many celestials and angels refer to themselves as "programmed" to serve a purpose.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2009-02-21 0:09
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

If we're talking about inanimate programmed objects...such as robots...it depends. I do not believe that machines, etc. on this plane of existance have souls and I do not believe it's likely that one could have the mentality of one...as they don't have personalities.

However, I do believe that there are probably planes out there with sentient machines, so in that respect I think it's possible. The other possibility would be if one believes that time is non-linear. In that case it's possible that somewhere in the future, there will be sentient machines on this plane of existance.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2009-02-21 0:47
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I have certainly met AI and robotkin.

That a machine made of silicon could become self aware is no more outlandish to me than that a machine made of carbon could.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-02-21 2:03
Find
Give Thanks
Chris
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

There have been people who have claimed to be tractors, and even motherboards. Why not robots too?
2009-02-21 12:49
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

"Claimed" being the key word; and I think "people" is misleading.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2009-02-21 13:42
Find
Give Thanks
Chris
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Why is "people" misleading? They were people, right? xD
2009-02-21 19:07
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Apologies - I read your post too quickly and somehow my mind interpreted "tractors and motherboards" as "combine havesters and soundboards".

I was thinking of one specific individual who claimed to be, at various times, a soundboard, a combine harvester, and some kind of robotic general.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2009-02-21 19:20
Find
Give Thanks
Chris
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:Apologies - I read your post too quickly and somehow my mind interpreted "tractors and motherboards" as "combine havesters and soundboards".

I was thinking of one specific individual who claimed to be, at various times, a soundboard, a combine harvester, and some kind of robotic general.

Oh, I did mean that guy, but I didn't know it was one person. I thought they were all different individuals.
2009-02-21 19:29
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I guess it wouldn't be too far a stretch to say that it was possible (just not on this plane)...especially after seeing I,Robot (the short show and the movie), lol.

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2009-02-21 19:33
Find
Give Thanks