Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A shy hello from a shy little polygon
Delta Hexagon
New
Kintype: Starship
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Star A shy hello from a shy little polygon
Hello, I'm Delta! I'm a parttime artist, a fulltime locksmith, and a tiny little polygon from Canada with dreams of going freelance with my art one of these days. I like space, physics, the colour pink, insects, machines, and horror media, among other things.

Recently life has been getting a little easier, and I've had more time and energy (mainly energy, that's a big one!) to devote to other things, and I've been really wanting to spend more time with my beliefs and my spirituality.

Where otherkin is concerned, my kintype is... a weird one! It's one of the reasons I've been absent for so long, I'm just plain shy. But I want to branch out more and be more active, you know?

My main kintype is a starship, a sort of organic, sentient machine from the far past, or the far future, or maybe another universe. I'm honestly not sure. I've had a lot of visions and memories about them. They're called the intervallum and they're a lonely sort of creature, used to the long silences of deep space but always excited to meet another.

My name in that life was Speak Not When All We Do Is Whisper. I can share more little stories if anyone wants to hear them.

I'm not sure if these are real memories or just fanciful little stories my brain likes to come up with, but I suppose the nature of otherkin is confusing at the best of times. Either way, they've stuck with me for most of my childhood and the majority of my adult life, so maybe there's something to it!

I'm rambling too much. It's just nice to be on a kin forum again. I hope this little corner of the internet gets more active~!

Thanks for having me. c:
2021-04-30 2:45
Find
Give Thanks
Syraphin Faelad
Good Boi
Kintype: Mixed

RE: A shy hello from a shy little polygon
Hi its nice to meet you. I'm boi a cat and multiple our system.

I'd love to hear more about your travels and stories. My partner has connections with an AI from a space ship and we have a friend who identifies as space related as well.

Try not to let your uniqueness put you off. Your welcome to be here just like every one else. Space is vast so it's only to pe expected to have non earth beings around. Smile

How do you think you ended up in a human body?
- Boi
2021-04-30 9:31
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian
Contribution: tick 

Welcome to OKP! I'm a dragon and Cybertronian.

A starship eh? Surprisingly, you are not the first I've met with a kintype like that! I suppose we are somewhat similar as well with "machinekin" types. I'm not quite a starship myself, but I do transform into one!

I'm very interested to hear more about your experience and what stories you have to share here with us! How did you discover you are starship, and what the intervallum are?

-Azaphaer

[Image: image08.jpg?v=bf03c199]
Astral Dragon and Cybertronian Seeker
2021-04-30 14:26
Find
Give Thanks
Delta Hexagon
New

(2021-04-30 9:31)Syraphin Faelad Wrote:  Hi its nice to meet you. I'm boi a cat and multiple our system.

I'd love to hear more about your travels and stories. My partner has connections with an AI from a space ship and we have a friend who identifies as space related as well.

Try not to let your uniqueness put you off. Your welcome to be here just like every one else. Space is vast so it's only to pe expected to have non earth beings around. Smile

How do you think you ended up in a human body?
- Boi

Hello, and aw thank you! I've grown a lot since then so I don't feel as ashamed. I think the shame came from feeling like I was faking it because at the time it was hard to find other machinekin, let alone space related people. And the few times I tried to enter chat groups I got laughed at so I decided to just not talk too much about it.

But thank you for the warm welcome, I appreciate it a lot! And it's good to hear there's others with similar experiences, that's really exciting!

As for how I ended up in a human body, I see it as another life more or less. I have memories of how I died in that life, and my general beliefs in life and death include reincarnation. I guess I believe at one point my soul, my lifeforce, whatever it is, played out as a sentient starship and in this life I get little snippets of it.
2021-05-01 2:53
Find
Give Thanks
Asherah
Super Moderator
Kintype: Unicorn, Datura stramonium

Glad you could make it, Delta!

We met on an otherkin forum years ago, I figured it'd only be fitting to invite you back to one. I'm glad you decided to join and put yourself back out into the community again.

I hope it helps bring you a sense of peace with your 'other self, and helps you feel less strange about who you really are.

Asher

multiple system of 20±.
we are hyakkimaru, dib, gutts, jeremy, seraph, hoxton, and more.

[Image: QnHghY0m.png]
2021-05-01 3:00
Find
Give Thanks
Delta Hexagon
New

(2021-04-30 14:26)Azaphaer Wrote:  Welcome to OKP! I'm a dragon and Cybertronian.

A starship eh? Surprisingly, you are not the first I've met with a kintype like that! I suppose we are somewhat similar as well with "machinekin" types. I'm not quite a starship myself, but I do transform into one!

I'm very interested to hear more about your experience and what stories you have to share here with us! How did you discover you are starship, and what the intervallum are?

-Azaphaer

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I've met so few machinekin out there so it's really exciting to see I'm not alone here! As for the intervallum, I've drawn them a few times but I really need to draw them more. They kind of look like weird deep space betta fish. They have a deep space form and a planetfall form so they go from space fish to weird batty bat things depending on where they are.

And I really don't know how I discovered my kintype. It kind of evolved naturally over time. Originally, waaaay back in elementary school, I went through an intense dragon phase. Before I even knew what otherkin was I believed I was a dragon in spirit. As I grew up the dragon changed to space and confusion, because that deep feeling of not being human in spirit never went away.

I guess it kind of... fell into place over time until I realized "hey. Hey! I'm a silly little space machine. That makes a lot of sense."

[Image: a14dfaacaf.png]

[Image: 233e5b11f9.png]
2021-05-01 3:03
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian
Contribution: tick 

Yeah, us machinekin are quite the odd type, but we are out there!

Your artwork is beautiful! I really love how you incorporate space into the image of your kintype on the first one. Its kinda interesting how biomechanical life is almost similar to insects, which I can see reflected in your own. Though I can see the comparison to a beta fish as well!

Do you have phantom shifts? And if you do what are those like?

[Image: image08.jpg?v=bf03c199]
Astral Dragon and Cybertronian Seeker
2021-05-01 16:07
Find
Give Thanks
Delta Hexagon
New

Thank you so much Azepher, I really appreciate the kind words about my art!

I'm not really sure if I've had phantom shifts of if I just imagined them, but there's been a few times when I've experienced a very sudden and distinct change in how I view the world around me. Not a visual change, more of a... "???? Humans are incredibly strange, what the heck is going on with this planet" kind of deal. I've also had a few moments where I look at my hands and go "??? These are not my hands, what the heckie".

I don't know if those count as "shifts" per se but! It's something. c:
2021-05-02 16:16
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Welcome to OKP!

(2021-04-30 2:45)Delta Hexagon Wrote:  Hello, I'm Delta! I'm a parttime artist, a fulltime locksmith, and a tiny little polygon from Canada with dreams of going freelance with my art one of these days. I like space, physics, the colour pink, insects, machines, and horror media, among other things.

My main kintype is a starship, a sort of organic, sentient machine from the far past, or the far future, or maybe another universe. I'm honestly not sure. I've had a lot of visions and memories about them. They're called the intervallum and they're a lonely sort of creature, used to the long silences of deep space but always excited to meet another.

My name in that life was Speak Not When All We Do Is Whisper. I can share more little stories if anyone wants to hear them.

Fascinating! I've met a mixing board before, but never an actual starship! I would love to read more about your experiences.

Also, as an organic, living ship, are you familiar with the Leviathan Moya on the TV show Farscape? She was a living ship, complete with a sentient pilot who communicated with both the crew and directly with her mind-to-mind. If you haven't, check it out. 1. Because it's one of the BEST scifi shows and 2. Because maybe Moya will seem familiar.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-05-05 1:35
Find
Give Thanks
Delta Hexagon
New

(2021-05-05 1:35)Elinox Wrote:  Welcome to OKP!

Fascinating! I've met a mixing board before, but never an actual starship! I would love to read more about your experiences.

Also, as an organic, living ship, are you familiar with the Leviathan Moya on the TV show Farscape? She was a living ship, complete with a sentient pilot who communicated with both the crew and directly with her mind-to-mind. If you haven't, check it out. 1. Because it's one of the BEST scifi shows and 2. Because maybe Moya will seem familiar.

!!! I think I met the same fellow ages ago, on an otherkin forum I can't remember the name of but I miss terribly some days. Also YESS I love Farscape. Regrettably I haven't watched much of it, but Moya always got me right in the heart. That's my kind of jam!

Also how do I... get my account activated? I have a message at the top of my screen saying I have to answer some questions I'm asked in my intro thread but I'm lost, or else I'm missing something? I'm a confused little creature today, heh.
2021-05-05 2:44
Find
Give Thanks