Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A black dragon wanders in.
Fost
Pup
Kintype: Dragon (Alien); Elf (Alien)
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Rainbow A black dragon wanders in.
Hello! I recently found out about this site on Tumblr and wanted to check it out!

My name is Fost and I typically refer to myself as alterhuman, but I would fall in the otherkin category too. For ease and brevity, I call my kintypes 'dragon' and 'elf' but they are actually alien beings that bear characteristics we would often attribute to a dragon or elf. I also have a werewolf copinglink.

In mundane human life I am a writer, artist, gamer, and college student. I am also a pantheist pagan and witch.

Excited to see what this forum is like!
2022-10-08 21:05
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

RE: A black dragon wanders in.
Welcome to OKP!

I'm Elinox, the admin here and a wolf/werewolf and cat.

How do your alien dragon and elf differ than those found on earth?

I am also pagan, Wiccan specifically. Wink

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2022-10-11 15:25
Find
Give Thanks
Fost
Pup
Kintype: Dragon (Alien); Elf (Alien)
Contribution: new

RE: A black dragon wanders in.
Ooh another werewolf! Nice to meet you!

To answer your question: It depends on what you believe about dragons and elves on Earth, I suppose. For me, there is inherent magic to dragons and elves of Earth that is not present where my kintypes come from. Neither race has a penchant for magic as we might associate with them on our planet, but they are capable of, for lack of a better term, a different kind of magic. Both races are uniquely in tune with the energies of things and are capable of bonding on an energetic level to other living things, which I've been referring to as a soul-bond because I haven't discovered their name for it yet in my attempts to recover memories etc. Soul-bonds, as far as I can tell, usually only occur between sentient beings. It can be dangerous to soul-bond with something else, mostly because of the shorter lifespan other living things have compared to them. When one of them dies, the other will probably die too.

When I think of dragons and elves on Earth, I tend to categorize them as fae or fae-adjacent, so I tend to default to thinking they possess a lot of magic we would consider common to fae, as well as the idea that they now exist largely in an energetic state rather than a physical one. My kintypes existed in a physical state before dying and having their souls return to the great energy/the aether that makes up living things. They also did not perform magic beyond the soul-bonding and the ability to understand other living things to some degree. Not like they could talk to them, but they could just... understand what another living thing incapable of speech might say sometimes.

Dragons also didn't possess anything like elemental breath, poison/acid spitting, or other similar abilities. (Which I know is not inherent to every Earthly dragon, but I figured I would point it out too.)
2022-10-11 15:42
Find
Give Thanks